Old 09-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnFire22 View Post
. = statement

? = question
Message Board = home of grammer imperfection.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #27
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBorderZero View Post
Oh no not another one. Then again can you blame Disney? Aside from Pirates and Pixar, what else do they have going for them?
Their vibrant and exciting classical animation department??
IanTheCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #28
André
Boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_Skid_Row View Post
I don't think it was convoluted. Most of the answers are in the movie but...most people don't usually pick it up due to all the weird stuff happening.
Dont be so condescending and assume people didnt like the plot because they didnt "get it". It wasnt a deep plot, nor hard to understand. It was just bad.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
King_of_Skid_Row
Dodgers rock!

Correction. It was just weird.

IRON MAN= The pinnacle of all that is cool.

"When you're pushed...killing is as easy as breathing." ~ Rambo
King_of_Skid_Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #30
Fanible
FanFreakinTastic

Send a message via AIM to Fanible

Gotta go with Andrey. It was bad - and boring.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #31
JT3294
The F**king Shark

Send a message via Yahoo to JT3294

Bottom line is...

the problem with DMC (which was ok) and AWE (which was trying to be too smart) was that they were tying up loose ends and had to connect. Thing was AWE tried to hard to make the connections all loopy and crazy. Instead of the "Ohhhhhhhhh coooool" reaction they were shooting for when a "twist" came about, they got a "was that really f**king necessary" reaction.

Pirates 4 will most likely in NO WAY refer to the past movies other than the characters. So the story can get back to the fun Action/Comedy that CotBP was. That's why a 4th is a good idea.

Keep in mind that they never INTENDED on having a sequel till they saw how well the first did. So now they're with the same thought... there's no pressure.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Cast your vote at:
The Biggest Douche in the Universe! *Celebrity Edition* Thread
JT3294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #32
Diablo
RG3

Quote:
SDCC Exclusive: Pirates 4 Starts Shooting Spring '10!
Source: Edward Douglas
July 23, 2009

Comic-Con is in full swing at this point, and ComingSoon.net got a surprise interview with Disney's Head of Production Oren Aviv where we talked about the genesis of some of the projects they were showing at the con, though we did have a lot of questions about future Disney plans as well. One of the movies that's still on the forefront of everyone's mind is the fourth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean." Producer Jerry Bruckheimer told us a few weeks back that they were working on a script, but Aviv and Disney are definitely on board as we learned when we discovered that they have plans to be rolling film on the movie as early as next year.

"We're going to shoot 'Pirates 4' in April and May of next year," Aviv told us during our interview. "We are going to release it hopefully in 2011 is the plan." He said that this time they would only be doing one movie this time that would "hopefully be the first of another trilogy."

"It's important to get the story right and it's important to me to scale it down, because we can't get bigger," Aviv admitted. "The movies have subsequently gotten bigger and bigger and very complicated and they were satisfying on so many levels obviously, but I want to kind of reboot the whole thing and bring it down to its core, its essence, just characters." He agreed that there is a lot of Captain Jack Sparrow's back story that we haven't seen yet without confirming or denying that we might see some of that in the fourth movie. Still no word on whether Gore Verbinski might come back for the fourth movie.

Look for our full interview with Mr. Aviv very soon. It will definitely be of great interest to anyone who is wondering how Disney has been making decisions about some of the movies they've been making and will make in the future.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57429

Hopefully they get a good story down and I like that they are scaling it down. That's what made the first Pirates so good. I like the idea of a prequel.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #33
Jordan KO
Executive Producer

i thought all 3 Pirates movies were awesome! but i question a fourth, becuzz to many sequels can be a bad thing, just look what happened to Saw
3. Watchmen
4. the Hangover
5. Defiance
Jordan KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #34
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Wow, I thought the first one was pretty entertaining but the other two were extremely boring, choppy and the action wasn't even that great to hold it up. Then, I go on to CS' main page to find that they are making another PREQUEL installment. Sweet jesus, what has this planet come to.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #35
Jordan KO
Executive Producer

i thought it was a sequel just about Jack? not a prequel?
3. Watchmen
4. the Hangover
5. Defiance
Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #36
MasterChief117
The Batman

I'm pretty sure I just read that it was a prequel. Either way, a sequel or another film about Pirates is pretty lame to me.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #37
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I think a Prequel installment has a better potential then a sequel. Come on don't ya wanna see a Cannon Strapped too Bootstraps Bootstrap.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #38
SnoBorderZero
There is no bathroom

Send a message via AIM to SnoBorderZero

Nothing is more unappealing than a prequel, why do we need unnecessary backstory to a franchise that isn't even good? The first one was great, the sequels were absolute crap. This is just Disney milking the only thing outside of Pixar it has going for it.
SnoBorderZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #39
quiksilver022
Birds Ate My Face.

Honestly, no matter how ****ty the script is, I will definitely see it. The 'Pirates' movies are the epitome of summer movie going for me, and it's A+ popcorn entertainment.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

They can only get better for there is No Will and ELizabeth this time to hog all the screen time. Face it the really good key too success here is Depp and Rush.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #41
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

That's True I really didn't like Liz and Will... This time it should just be Sparrow and we should only see him as the main character.

That is the right formula and if the story is right... The film might be the best one of the series.

Also no prequel I really hate that formula a lot. Ever since the Star Wars prequels it's some how okay to go back in a series...

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #42
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

Don't diss a Pirates prequel for it has a lot potential too be more like a Pirates 1 for a sequel would include past 2 mistakes and we wanna fresh look not a contenuence of 3.
Too be honest feel DMC was actually good its Just Pirates 3 failed to be as impressive except for Jack , Davy Jones and Barbossa. They did there Parts well did Bill, Johnny and Geoffrey.

I do think Jack needs a kind of serious person too play off of. Jack was funnies by the person he was playing off of. Will and Barbossa we great for his comedy too play off of and he needs that character and maybe someone like Annamaria in this one.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #43
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Going back sucks it always has and it always will....

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #44
Jordan KO
Executive Producer

it says its a sequel that will look at Jacks background, at least thats what i got from this article. like faces from his past popping up
3. Watchmen
4. the Hangover
5. Defiance
Old 07-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
casablanca3
Where Lost Is King Happens

As long as it is Depp, I can't wait! But isn't he filming Dark Shadows next year? Can't see him wanting to do both. This probably comes out in 2012 like they always though.
casablanca3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #46
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801

I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoyed all three Pirates films, so this news gets me psyched! I agree with Quicksilver in that all three are great summer entertainments; to me, the movies never get old.

I did rather like the "weirdness" of the two sequels, such as all the Davy Jones/Flying Dutchman mythology, but I admit it is rather encouraging that they'll be getting back to the basics of COTBP for this fourth movie. The first movie was terriffic, but I think I like the 3rd installment the most.

I can't wait to see where they take the story.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
MasterChief117
The Batman

Yeah, I tried watching the last two and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep. It was just too much. The only good parts of the last two movies was seeing Keira Knightley wet, beyond that it was meh. The first one was pretty good in my opinion. The action and humor bounced off each other pretty good.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #48
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

AWE was really bad. I like DMC a lot, but AWE just fell flat for me. I hope they can make it better and get back to something decent. AWE was along the lines of the Matrix sequels IMO.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #49
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
Yeah, I tried watching the last two and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep. It was just too much. The only good parts of the last two movies was seeing Keira Knightley wet, beyond that it was meh. The first one was pretty good in my opinion. The action and humor bounced off each other pretty good.
No arguments about Keira Knightley being wet and the action/humor, but fell asleep? Really?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #50
Drizzt240
There're rules for this site

Send a message via AIM to Drizzt240

Any horror than this.
Drizzt240 is offline   Reply With Quote