The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #1276
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheCool View Post
Yeah, that's still a piss off.
What pisses me off more is the fact that they could've wrote just ONE LINE to make it all make sense. I mean, Qhorin's character really didn't have to be so vague about what Jon had to do. He could have said, "When the time comes, you have to kill me to gain their trust." Boom, motivations explained. That'd that, what, three seconds of screen time?

That was a big disappointment for me, along with Jaime Lannister killing his cousin. If you're a book reader, you'd know why it's such a big travesty.

To be honest, I didn't mind that they changed Daenerys' visions in the House of the Undying. Even though it was dumbed down, I thought it still worked in the context of the TV show. Plus, definitely nice to see Drogo again.
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #1277
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 71,387
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

I really wanted to hear the line about "song of ice and fire." Seems odd they would take that out...
__________________
The due date for Round 157 of the CS Film Club is Monday, September 29th, 2014.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #1278
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
I really wanted to hear the line about "song of ice and fire." Seems odd they would take that out...
Although it does seem like they are putting that line back into Season 3... sort of. Here's the first teaser trailer:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #1279
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 71,387
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Eh, not really.
__________________
The due date for Round 157 of the CS Film Club is Monday, September 29th, 2014.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #1280
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Eh, not really.
Yeah, I know. That's the closest we've come so far, though. Anybody saw the deleted scenes yet?
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #1281
Alien
Space traveler
 
Alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 314 Pi Avenue
Posts: 20,944
Send a message via MSN to Alien
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
To be honest, I didn't mind that they changed Daenerys' visions in the House of the Undying. Even though it was dumbed down, I thought it still worked in the context of the TV show. Plus, definitely nice to see Drogo again.
As a non book reader, what was her visions in the book? Also how long do we have to wait till she finally has an interaction with someone from Westeros? I'm hoping the dragon and the boats suggest it won't be ling now.
__________________
Gamertag: Seraph31 | Twitter: Seraph_31
Space travel's in my blood
There ain't nothing I can do about it
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #1282
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
As a non book reader, what was her visions in the book? Also how long do we have to wait till she finally has an interaction with someone from Westeros? I'm hoping the dragon and the boats suggest it won't be ling now.
She had a lot of visions, some cryptic, some flashbacks, some fairly obvious prophecies about the future. You can probably find a detailed list online if you search for "DAENERYS VISION IN THE HOUSE OF THE UNDYING". One of the less spoiler-ish visions is of Rhaegar Targaryen, her brother, naming his son Aegon, as well as the Mad King.

As to how long before she meets someone from Westeros, well...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She actually takes a long time to get to Westeros. In fact, by the end of the fifth book, she's still in the middle of nowhere. However, she does meet someone whom we've already met in the series in the upcoming season. Assuming that they filmed it, of course.
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1283
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Season 3 titles!

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
Ep. 306 – [To be determined]
Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
Ep. 308 – [To be determined]
Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
Ep. 310 – Mhysa
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1284
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
What pisses me off more is the fact that they could've wrote just ONE LINE to make it all make sense. I mean, Qhorin's character really didn't have to be so vague about what Jon had to do. He could have said, "When the time comes, you have to kill me to gain their trust." Boom, motivations explained. That'd that, what, three seconds of screen time?
they had to play the entire 90 second long theme song... sucked up a lotta their dialogue time.

honestly though, worst beginning in all of tv maybe. flash 'game of thrones' and get into the show already.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #1285
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 71,387
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Uh, it's possibly the best beginning in all of tv.
__________________
The due date for Round 157 of the CS Film Club is Monday, September 29th, 2014.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1286
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
honestly though, worst beginning in all of tv maybe. flash 'game of thrones' and get into the show already.
What? WHAT? It's the best theme song/sequence ever.
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #1287
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer
 
Mikey-Bizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
What? WHAT? It's the best theme song/sequence ever.
+1

I love the intro to GOT
Mikey-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1288
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,826
Default

Sure that one time, you're telling me you guys still like it? In your rewatch you didn't skip it ever?

That song burns my ears at this point. Awesome to look at, but only if muted.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #1289
Fanible
FanFreakinTastic
 
Fanible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oh, hi yo
Posts: 16,395
Send a message via AIM to Fanible
Default

I do typically skip it so I can get into the show quicker (as I do with most shows), but I really like the intro, song included.
__________________
My movie addiction is life controlling
Fanible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #1290
Alien
Space traveler
 
Alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: 314 Pi Avenue
Posts: 20,944
Send a message via MSN to Alien
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
She had a lot of visions, some cryptic, some flashbacks, some fairly obvious prophecies about the future. You can probably find a detailed list online if you search for "DAENERYS VISION IN THE HOUSE OF THE UNDYING". One of the less spoiler-ish visions is of Rhaegar Targaryen, her brother, naming his son Aegon, as well as the Mad King.
Her dead brother? Did he have a son or is that just vision madness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
As to how long before she meets someone from Westeros, well...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She actually takes a long time to get to Westeros. In fact, by the end of the fifth book, she's still in the middle of nowhere. However, she does meet someone whom we've already met in the series in the upcoming season. Assuming that they filmed it, of course.
It's just such an odd choice for story telling. It's like The West Wing where the president spends the whole show in France. (I never watched the The West Wing but I think that holds up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
Sure that one time, you're telling me you guys still like it? In your rewatch you didn't skip it ever?

That song burns my ears at this point. Awesome to look at, but only if muted.
I'm just finished watching the first two seasons again and I never once skiped it. I love the theme tune and the style of the whole thing. I also like seeing where we're going to be spending the episode.
__________________
Gamertag: Seraph31 | Twitter: Seraph_31
Space travel's in my blood
There ain't nothing I can do about it
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #1291
Dhamon22
High Flying Bird
 
Dhamon22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkville, MD
Posts: 7,264
Send a message via AIM to Dhamon22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
Season 3 titles!

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
Ep. 306 – [To be determined]
Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
Ep. 308 – [To be determined]
Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
Ep. 310 – Mhysa
Chills.
__________________
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.com

@theredboxreport
Dhamon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #1292
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Her dead brother? Did he have a son or is that just vision madness?

It's just such an odd choice for story telling. It's like The West Wing where the president spends the whole show in France. (I never watched the The West Wing but I think that holds up)
Yep, her dead brother that (I think) Robert Baratheon killed in the last rebellion. Hammer to the chest, I believe. And yes, Rhaegar did have a son, but he was killed when the Lannisters took over King's Landing.

It IS an odd choice for story telling. In fact, the fans did complain about it when the book was released. Nonetheless, the book story is ramping up, and we should be seeing the inevitable pretty soon.
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #1293
Mr. Black
Executive Producer
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: stuck in the 70's
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheCool View Post
Which one? There were two. One will be this season, and the other next, most likely.

Edit: Actually don't say which one for spoiler's sake.
The one fought by a Dornishman.

I didn't realize it was so far to the end.
Definitely won't make this season.
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #1294
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,381
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
Sure that one time, you're telling me you guys still like it? In your rewatch you didn't skip it ever?

That song burns my ears at this point. Awesome to look at, but only if muted.
I can honestly say that I haven't "skipped" over it once in two seasons. I love that song and title sequence.


EDIT:


In fact, I love it even better when people make cover versions of it;
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.

Last edited by Tolkien; 03-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #1295
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,826
Default

alright glad we could all agree; its a terrible song.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #1296
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I can honestly say that I haven't "skipped" over it once in two seasons. I love that song and title sequence.


EDIT:


In fact, I love it even better when people make cover versions of it;
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This is one of my favorites:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #1297
Deexan
Reflektor
 
Deexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London
Posts: 12,104
Default

I skip it. I'm a busy guy.
__________________
Don't hang around once the promise breaks
or you'll be there when the next one's made
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #1298
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

Extended trailer!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


God damn, they found a real bear.
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #1299
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer
 
IanTheCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,421
Default

Yup. Bart the Bear.
IanTheCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #1300
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal
 
PsYkOoOoO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Singapore.
Posts: 22,708
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO
Default

And did I spot the oral sex scene?
__________________
W.
PsYkOoOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Contact Us - ComingSoon.net - Superhero Hype! - Shock Till You Drop - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ComingSoon.net is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © All Rights Reserved.