The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > General Movies

Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
I'm sorry, but three of those movies are made up. Follow the rules or get out.
I know. Who ever heard of a skyfall?
IanTheCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
Dracula
Bloodgod

I'm extending the deadline until 2:00 P.M. CST tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a few more votes in that extra time.

Follow me on Letterboxd

Follow me on Twitter
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
shained
Y.N.W.A

Send a message via MSN to shained

Sorry I nearly missed it, one of my friends passed away and my head has been up my arse with the funeral and that.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Avengers
3. Silver Linings Playbook
4. The Raid
5. Django Unchained
6. Skyfall
7. Life of Pi
8. Argo
9. Looper
10. End of Watch

Just missed out:

The Hunger Games
Chronicle
21 Jump Street
Zero Dark Thirty

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone

Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Django Unchained
3. Skyfall
4. The Avengers
5. Looper
6. Prometheus
7. Dredd 3D
8. Chronicle
9. End of watch
10. The hunger games

Still haven't seen Argo, Life of Pi or Zero dark thirty yet mind
Mikey-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
Dracula
Bloodgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shained View Post
Sorry I nearly missed it, one of my friends passed away and my head has been up my arse with the funeral and that.
Sorry to hear that.

Follow me on Letterboxd

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
Deexan
Reflektor

I've been catching up on the films I missed from last year this week, sadly don't have time to get around to The Master or Zero Dark Thirty before the deadline though.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Silver Linings Playbook
3. The Avengers
4. Looper
5. Life of Pi
6. Wreck-It Ralph
7. Argo
8. Moonrise Kingdom
9. American Reunion
10. Django Unchained

My Twitter
My Facebook
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #32
iv3rdawG
Oh My Glob!

Seems that two of my original top 10 (#1 and #4) are disqualified since they haven't had a true release in the states yet. So here's the revised list:

1. Wuthering Heights
2. The Master
3. The Cabin in the Woods
4. Life of Pi
5. Moonrise Kingdom
6. Holy Motors
7. The Avengers
8. Damsels in Distress
9. Django Unchained
10. Prometheus

Controlled Obsession Website | Controlled Obsession Twitter | Controlled Obsession Facebook | Twitter (Personal)
iv3rdawG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

1. cabin in the woods (it just deserves more points that it will earn)
2. moonrise kingdom (same as cabin)
3. argo
4. silver linings playbook
5. 56 up
6. bernie
7. dredd
8. the avengers
9. zero dark thirty
10. batman 3
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #34
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

I hope you're not saying you bumped it to #1 to get it more points.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
Neverending
sex

Quote:
That's what he said. Remember when we used to do the Reelies and they were secret ballots through PM? Dracula may want to consider that next year.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #36
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Quote:
most certainly, and if i could give out negative points, skyfall would receive plenty. don't worry though, cabin in the woods won't even make the top 10.

although drac has been adamant that this year has been great for movies... i found it hard to put 10 together that i could say i really liked.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 02-24-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
Dracula
Bloodgod

Quote:
It's not the most sportsman like thing to do, but it's not against the rules or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
That's what he said. Remember when we used to do the Reelies and they were secret ballots through PM? Dracula may want to consider that next year.
I have enough trouble getting a sizable number of people to vote without making them click extra buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
most certainly, and if i could give out negative points, skyfall would receive plenty.

BTW, I didn't know you were a fan of the Up series, I've been meaning to catch up on that.

Follow me on Letterboxd

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
I have enough trouble getting a sizable number of people to vote without making them click extra buttons
Unfortunately, we no longer have that big SHH crowd:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=451235

Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #39
Dracula
Bloodgod

The list is made, I'll get to the list but first an explanation. I took all the top ten lists and gave points for each movie on each list. Putting a movie at # one on a list gave it ten points, #2 gave it 9 points and so on down to #10 which gives it a mere one. The more points the higher on the big list.
so with out further ado here's the list
(all summaries are plagiarized from various people at IMDB.com)

10. The Master48 Points

After returning from the Second World War, having witnessed many horrors, a charismatic intellectual creates a faith-based organization in an attempt to provide meaning to his life. He becomes known as "The Master". His right-hand man, a former drifter, begins to question both the belief system and The Master as the organization grows and gains a fervent following.

9. Moonrise Kingdom50 points

September, 1965, a storm is three days away from the New England coast. At an island camp, a Khaki Scout's gone missing: he's Sam, 12, a bespeckled misfit, an orphan. Ward, his by-the-book scoutmaster, organizes a search after calling Captain Sharp, the local police. Sam is running away with Suzy, his pen pal, the laconic oldest child in a quirky and unhappy household of two lawyers (one of whom is having an affair with Sharp). As Sam and Suzy sort through their own issues, they stay a step ahead of the searchers while the storm gets closer. Social Services suggests Sam may need electroshock therapy and an orphanage. Is there scouts' honor, and what of the sad Sharp?

8. Zero Dark Thirty55 points

Maya is a CIA operative whose first experience is in the interrogation of prisoners following the Al Qaeda attacks against the U.S. on the 11th September 2001. She is a reluctant participant in extreme duress applied to the detainees, but believes that the truth may only be obtained through such tactics. For several years, she is single-minded in her pursuit of leads to uncover the whereabouts of Al Qaeda's leader, Osama Bin Laden. Finally, in 2011, it appears that her work will pay off, and a U.S. Navy SEAL team is sent to kill or capture Bin Laden. But only Maya is confident Bin Laden is where she says he is.

7. The Dark Knight Rises60 points

8 years after the events of The Dark Knight find Gotham at a time of peace. This is due to Batman taking the fall for Harvey Dent's murder. However, a new evil force named Bane has arrived in Gotham and aims to take over the city and expose the truth behind who Harvey Dent really was. Now that Wayne Manor has been completely rebuilt - Bruce Wayne has become almost reclusive, rarely leaving the estate. And with Bane taking over the city by force, it forces Batman to come out of retirement. But his allies are few and far apart. An elusive jewel thief by the name of Selina Kyle could be the key to stopping Bane - but whose side is she on?

6. Looper69 points

In 2074, it is possible to travel in time but also forbidden. However, when the criminal organizations want to kill someone, they send their victims to thirty years in the past where well paid hit men called "loopers" kill them and get rid of their bodies. When the mobsters decide to call off a contract with any killer they send him back to be killed by himself and close the loop. In 2044, in Kansas, Joe is one looper addicted in drugs. He learns that the powerful Rainmaker has assumed control of the criminal organizations and is closing all the loops. Soon Joe has to kill the "old" Joe but he is surprised and fails. Joe chases old Joe but the criminal Abe sends his killers to hunt him down. Joe meets old Joe that tells him that his beloved wife was killed by the Rainmaker's gang. Old Joe also tells that he has found three possible children that might be the Rainmaker in the future and he will kill them to protect his wife. However, they are found by the loopers and Joe flees and stumbles with Sara in her farm. She helps him and soon Joe discovers that her son Cid is the Rainmaker and he decides to protect them from the determined old Joe.

5. Skyfall74 points

When Bond's latest assignment goes gravely wrong and agents around the world are exposed, MI6 is attacked forcing M to relocate the agency. These events cause her authority and position to be challenged by Gareth Mallory (Ralph Fiennes), the new Chairman of the Intelligence and Security Committee. With MI6 now compromised from both inside and out, M is left with one ally she can trust: Bond. 007 takes to the shadows - aided only by field agent, Eve (Naomie Harris) - following a trail to the mysterious Silva (Javier Bardem), whose lethal and hidden motives have yet to reveal themselves.

4. Argo75 points

In 1979, the American embassy in Iran was invaded by Iranian revolutionaries and several Americans were taken hostage. However, six managed to escape to the official residence of the Canadian Ambassador and the CIA was eventually ordered to get them out of the country. With few options, exfiltration expert Tony Mendez devised a daring plan: to create a phony Canadian film project looking to shoot in Iran and smuggle the Americans out as its production crew. With the help of some trusted Hollywood contacts, Mendez created the ruse and proceed to Iran as its associate producer. However, time was running out with the Iranian security forces closing in on the truth while both his charges and the White House had grave doubts about the operation themselves.

3. The Avengers92 points

oki, the stepbrother of Thor, teams-up with the Chitauri Army and uses the Tesseract power to travel from Asgard to Earth to plot the invasion of Earth by the Chitauri and become the king of Earth. The director of the agency S.H.I.E.L.D Nick Fury sets in motion the project The Avengers, joining Tony Stark a.k.a. the Iron Man; Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America; Bruce Banner, a.k.a. The Hulk; Thor; Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow; and Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, to save the world from the powerful Loki and the alien invasion.

2. The Silver Linings Playbook102 points

Life doesn't always go according to plan. Pat Solatano has lost everything - his house, his job, and his wife. He now finds himself living back with his mother and father after spending eight months in a state institution on a plea bargain. Pat is determined to rebuild his life, remain positive and reunite with his wife, despite the challenging circumstances of their separation. All Pat's parents want is for him to get back on his feet - and to share their family's obsession with the Philadelphia Eagles football team. When Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own, things get complicated. Tiffany offers to help Pat reconnect with his wife, but only if he'll do something very important for her in return. As their deal plays out, an unexpected bond begins to form between them, and silver linings appear in both of their lives.

1. Django Unchained105 points

Former dentist, Dr. King Schultz, buys the freedom of a slave, Django, and trains him with the intent to make him his deputy bounty hunter. Instead, he is led to the site of Django's wife who is under the hands of Calvin Candie, a ruthless plantation owner.

Also here is the full point chart
Total Votes: 21
1 Django Unchained 105
2 Silver Linings Playbook 102
3 Avengers, The 92
4 Argo 75
5 Skyfall 74
6 Looper 69
7 Dark Knight Rises 60
8 Zero Dark Thirty 55
9 Moonrise Kingdom 50
10 Master, The 48
11 Lincoln 39
12 Cabin in the Woods, The 37
13 Life of Pi 28
14 Prometheus 28
15 Dredd 20
16 End of Watch 19
17 Holy Motors 16
18 Perks of Being a Wallflower, The 16
19 Amour 15
20 Hunger Games, The 15
21 Raid, The 15
22 Seven Psychopaths 14
23 Hobbit, The: An Unexpected Journey 12
24 Brave 11
25 Ted 11
26 Flight 10
27 Loved Ones, The 10
28 Oslo, August 31st 10
29 Wuthering Heights 10
30 Wreck-It Ralph 9
31 Once Upon a Time in Anatolia 8
32 56 Up 6
33 Beasts of the Southern Wild 6
34 Goon 6
35 Bernie 5
36 Magic Mike 5
37 Miserables, Les 5
38 Rock of Ages 5
39 Amazing Spider Man, The 4
40 Cloud Atlas 4
41 Safety Not Guaranteed 4
42 Secret World of Arrietty 4
43 Berberian Sound Studio 3
44 Chronicle* 3
45 Damsels in Distress 3
46 Sleepwalk With Me* 3
47 American Reunion 2
48 Grey, The 2
49 Headhunters 1
50 Snow White and the Huntsman 1

Follow me on Letterboxd

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
PG Cooper
Nixon's back, baby!

Huh. I expected Skyfall or The Avengers to take the prize. I'm glad The Master made the list.

CS! Record Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes). April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

AFI: Top 100 (98), Top 10 (Gangster, Science-Fiction).

Best Picture Nominees: 1953, 1962, 1976, 1985, 1989, 1997, 2000, 2003-2013.

Blog, letterboxd, twitter.
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #41
Neverending
sex

Remove "Silver Linings Playbook" and the CS! Top 5 is exactly the same one from SHH. Hilarious.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #42
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801

Glad to see Dark Knight Rises make the list. Excellent Top Two, as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Ugh. Horrible number 1.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Agreed.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #45
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

oh and drac, check out 56 up.

watched them back to back through a summer a year ago or something, i feel so invested in their lives at this point. i am morbidly curious which one will be first to kick the bucket.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #46
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

Silver Linings Playbook at #2 surprises me.

You know, I have to say that 2012 was a pretty damn good year for movies.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #47
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

yea... i'm gonna go ahead and have to disagree with you here. not one movie, of all 50 listed, am i planning on buying because i have to see it again.

cabin in the woods and maybe moonrise kingdom are the only movies i know i will watch again.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #48
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

I will probably buy 4 or 5 movies from this year, when usually I will buy 1 or 2.