The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Star Wars

Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #626
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

It's weird how Bane always seems to be defending, in fanboy fashion, the prequels. I bet you sleep with Jar Jar pajamas too don't you? It's ok, at least SOMEONE liked the PT.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #627
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

The Thing about PM is its not as bad as AOTC. Yeah the gummy Yoda puppet was bad but least the acting was tons better then when we got Hayden as Winy Anakin. Which made Vader seem pathetic instead of cool.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #628
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Pure rumor, but hey - it's not like there's been anything else to report:

http://blogs.evtrib.com/nerdvana/boo...back-for-more/

Quote:
Star Wars Episode VII to focus on one Solo kid and one Solo grandkid; Yoda is a no-go; Zahn back for more?
Posted by Dustin Diehl on March 1, 2013 – 12:10 pm

As with all Episode VII news, nothing should be believed until it’s officially confirmed by Disney/Lucasfilm…however, it sure is fun to speculate and keep up with the rumor mill! So how about some juicy Star Wars rumoring to usher us into the weekend? Thanks to my inside contact at the mothership for these tidbits (they previously provided some deets about director and timeframe).

First up. Release date. No surprise we may be looking at a May 2015 release (this keeps in line with every other Star Wars live-action release); specifically, May 29, 2015. This puts it almost a month away from the May 1 release of The Avengers 2, another Disney tentpole. Nothing too surprising here (although, there was rumor JJ Abrams only provisionally agreed to that release date, in case he felt he needed more time).

Next up. Cast. Again, not too surprising, but apparently the Big Three (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher) have all agreed to return…and have contracts.

All three of the originals will be back in VII; they all have contracts now.

Then there’s this:

We’re introducing Han and Leia’s child and grandchild.

One child. One grandchild. Both singular. This could mean so many things. While we’ve been hearing the kids would be involved for a while now, it’s interesting to hear some more specifics. Are they ditching existing Expanded Universe characters for a brand new take? Are they picking one of the three established kids (Jaina, Jacen or Anakin) and pretending the others never existed? Or (which is the preferable course of action, at least in my opinion), they could be picking up where we currently are in the EU – Anakin and Jacen are dead, Jaina is carrying on the Solo/Skywalker legacy and Jacen’s offspring, Allana, is the grandchild next in line to take center stage. This also fits with rumors that the main character will be a female. If this is, in fact, the direction they are going…I’m even more pumped than before (which is saying something)!

Regarding the spinoffs:

No on Yoda, George doesn’t want it. Yoda is a supporting character and will stay that way.

I have to say, I’m glad to hear this and it echoes some of my concerns when the rumor first starting circulating.

Regarding rumors about different directors taking on Episodes VIII and IX:

JJ’s contract has a clause for all three movies and an additional three of Lucas/Disney choosing if everyone melds well on the first one. This is typical of these types of contracts; gives everyone an out if needed.

Regarding novels:

There are three new books we want Timothy Zahn to write.

What?! Great news! I had the pleasure of attending a writing workshop with Zahn last weekend and the man is wonderful: smart, kind and talented. So glad to hear they want him back. He may not know anything about it yet, but it’s nice to hear there’s some Zahn love over at Disney/Lucasfilm. It’s also not too surprising, considering his impact on the Expanded Universe. Will they be movie novelizations? Knowing Zahn’s interest in his own characters and stories, I doubt it. But we’ll just have to wait and see!

There you have it! That’s all I got for now. Again, all of this could change, but, so far, it fits with everything else we’ve been hearing…hope you all are enjoying this exciting ride of new Star Wars goodness as much as I am!
I think one tip-off that at least some of these rumors are false is the statement about the Yoda spinoff "George doesn't want it". George doesn't count anymore.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #629
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

Killing off Anakin the second is kinda stupid. Unless Ben Skywalker is around. To be an on going thing to connect. Ben or Anakin just seem the most logical kid names to carry on in Episode 6,7 and 8. I would however make it like Jacen died like Anakin the first did which means he is really just a sith and is the next Bad Villain.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #630
MadaBidyoni
Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Ducard View Post
Disney buys Lucasfilm. Sets up SW 7 for 2015.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/10/disney...-wars-creator/
i hope they will not screw this
MadaBidyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #631
Bane
Executive Producer

OK let's nip this in the bud.

None of the offspring are going to be named after the EU ffs
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #632
ScottysAir
Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to ScottysAir Send a message via Yahoo to ScottysAir Send a message via Skype™ to ScottysAir

Isn't Star Wars 7 movie will coming out on May 29, 2015? Is that confirmed on those date?
ScottysAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #633
Neverending
sex

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...ng-in-2015/#/0

Quote:
At CinemaCon on Wednesday, the Walt Disney Studios chairman said the company plans to release three “Star Wars” films by the end of the decade — one in 2015, 2017 and 2019.

In between those movies, “we expect to have pictures derived from that universe,” Horn said, indicating that spinoff movies should be expected in 2016 and 2018 as well.

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote “The Empire Strikes Back” and with George Lucas penned the script for “Return of the Jedi,” and Simon Kinberg have been announced as the screenwriters of the spinoff films.

“I’m trying to start fresh,” Kasdan told Hero Complex in an interview earlier this year. “There are certain pleasures that we think the saga can bring to people that they’ve been missing, and we’re hoping to bring them that, and at the same time, have them feel that it’s all new.”
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #634
Ser Ty Of Ross
Knight of Angels

The Zahn news is maybe the best thing I've heard about this so far.

And I'm going to call this one now.....

+

=

They would be completely insane not to do this.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #635
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Zahn news?

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #636
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Yeah, what Zahn news?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #637
Ser Ty Of Ross
Knight of Angels

Soryr Zahn rumour
Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #638
Deexan
Reflektor

Wrath of Zahn?
But you know it's just an act
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #639
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

A new Star Wars movie every year. It's amazing how low they could set the bar for these movies and...it wouldn't matter.

60 out of 65 Hugo Award winners completed.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #640
Neverending
sex

There's a Marvel movie every year and they're all successful, so the mindset is that Star Wars could pull it off as well. As for the Zahn thing, he's talking about Timothy Zahn, author of like 10 expanded universe novels. Rumors indicate that some of his work might be adapted.

^ 10 years. LOL.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #641
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
There's a Marvel movie every year and they're all successful, so the mindset is that Star Wars could pull it off as well. As for the Zahn thing, he's talking about Timothy Zahn, author of like 10 expanded universe novels. Rumors indicate that some of his work might be adapted.
The thing about the various Marvel movies is that they're all very different stories which feature totally different characters. The situations that Iron Man gets into are not interchangeable with the Hulk, Captain America or Thor. They all have their own distinct place in the Marvel Universe, with foes specifically created just for them to face.

The Star Wars universe is far less diverse, because it's never needed to be. It wasn't created with this sort of plan in mind. When I first heard that Disney was going to release a new SW movie every year a few months ago, I had no doubt that it was just Ms. Kennedy misspeaking. Most others also seemed to view it that way. To release so many films runs the risk of driving the franchise right into the ground.

To return to the Marvel example, the current run of characters will eventually be put back on the shelf. Marvel Studios will stop making movies of Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc. and replace them with other denizens of the Marvel Universe. At some point, Marvel will no doubt return to The Avengers and begin an all new saga for them.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #642
Neverending
sex

The purpose of the spin-offs are to add diversity.

^ 10 years. LOL.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #643
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
The purpose of the spin-offs are to add diversity.
The purpose of the spin-offs are to increase revenue.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #644
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
A new Star Wars movie every year. It's amazing how low they could set the bar for these movies and...it wouldn't matter.
The bar is already set low thanks to Lucas. The bar is - write a script better than the prequels. I could give my 2 year old daughter her favorite box of crayons and a piece of paper to write on and she could accomplish that.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #645
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Right now the bar is so low like someone mentioned is to go UP!

When we finally have had our fill of movies in the next 5 years or so then we can say that was a bad or good idea.

As of right now I'm optimistic

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #646
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

I'm not sure I used the best words. What I meant was, they have almost no motivation to make quality films.

60 out of 65 Hugo Award winners completed.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #647
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
The purpose of the spin-offs are to increase revenue.
Well obviously but that isn't my point. Disney is obviously trying to replicate the Marvel model by expanding the Star Wars universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
they have almost no motivation to make quality films.
Well, they did spend $4 Billion to own the rights so they obviously don't want to f--k it up. And like most people have said, after three lousy prequels, and let's be honest, a crappy Return of the Jedi, there's only one way but up.

^ 10 years. LOL.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #648
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

To be honest, am I the only one looking forward to spin-off SW movies more than the new trilogy? I want to expand, not to see the same people over and over again.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #649
Neverending
sex

The spin-offs are Han Solo and Bobba Fett, so you're not getting new characters per say.

^ 10 years. LOL.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #650
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

A new movie each year, it's not going to JUST be about Han and Boba, trust me. You should know that by now.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote