The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE BACK LOT > Video Games

Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
ExTERmINATION
Key Grip

Default DayZ

I'm posting this thread curious on how many people here have seen or are currently playing the ARMA II mod, DayZ.

For myself I've seen many YouTube channels explode to the scene with just only this mod, enjoyable to watch and see but the attention it's been getting for just a mod I was wondering who here plays or input about it.

Official Website: http://dayzmod.com/
Wikipedia Information: DayZ Wiki
ExTERmINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
iv3rdawG
Oh My Glob!

It's a really fun game if you have a group to play with. It can be immensely difficult but that's what makes it so fun. Permadeath adds a lot to the experience and it wouldn't be the same without it. I haven't played in a while but I think it's available on Steam now, which might make it easier to play.

Controlled Obsession Website | Controlled Obsession Twitter | Controlled Obsession Facebook | Twitter (Personal)
iv3rdawG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
ExTERmINATION
Key Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv3rdawG View Post
It's a really fun game if you have a group to play with. It can be immensely difficult but that's what makes it so fun. Permadeath adds a lot to the experience and it wouldn't be the same without it. I haven't played in a while but I think it's available on Steam now, which might make it easier to play.
How is that? I mean on Steam, I saw the game advertised up on Steam just a day ago, I use DayZ Commander for everything.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Fanible
FanFreakinTastic

Send a message via AIM to Fanible

DayZ Commander does make it pretty simple to play now. Installs everything for you. I don't run through Steam unless a map requires it.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
iv3rdawG
Oh My Glob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTERmINATION View Post
How is that? I mean on Steam, I saw the game advertised up on Steam just a day ago, I use DayZ Commander for everything.
Yeah, I used DayZ Commander when I was playing as well. As for running it through Steam, if you have all the Arma stuff installed I guess you just download it as a mod from the store and it should run.

Controlled Obsession Website | Controlled Obsession Twitter | Controlled Obsession Facebook | Twitter (Personal)
iv3rdawG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

once arma goes on sale i might grab it.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
ExTERmINATION
Key Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
once arma goes on sale i might grab it.
Just make sure you pick up ARMA II/OA, and there is additional DLC you can pick up to make the in game texture models look more impress, believe it's the British Forces one and the P.M.C. one.