The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #476
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Agreed. Season 4 was horrible and completely out of touch with what made the show awesome before.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #477
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801

My personal main issue with Season 4 is that it had some individual, stand-alone episodes that were good, but the main arc was uninteresting and it ended in a VERY anti-climatic fashion.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #478
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

I'm liking this season so far but I agree last season wasn't great
Mikey-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #479
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

The series started out great but as the seasons went on it became clear they didn't have much planned out. So when they needed new ideas, they pretended it was all connected and planned, oblivious to the plot holes and general chaos in retrospect. It's like Lost. You'd think the same people were involved with both shows.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #480
Neverending
Ducks

The Science Channel is airing reruns of Fringe. I watched the first two episodes. So far... I like it. So, MovieBuff801, watch out.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #481
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #482
Neverending
Ducks

TheWB.com has the first 10 episodes. I just finished watching episode 3. I think the fat dude from Revolution is in the episode. It's hard to tell without the beard.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #483
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
The Science Channel is airing reruns of Fringe. I watched the first two episodes. So far... I like it. So, MovieBuff801, watch out.
If you're planning on catching up that way, then you have to find Season 1 somewhere else, cause Science Channel starts Season 2 this week.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #484
Neverending
Ducks

Yeah, I noticed that. Those bastards did a season 1 marathon on Friday and that gives them an excuse to skip to season 2. But whatever, as I said, the first 10 episodes are on WB's website. At the rate Science Channel is going, they might be back on season 1 by the time I'm done with those.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #485
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting them to end the Observer Peter storyline so soon. On that note, though, I'll say that this season is keeping me on my toes.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #486
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

These past two episodes were great. And it looks like the final three are going to be HUGE.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #487
Deexan
Reflektor

Are we all still watching? There are 2 episodes left of the entire series.

As much as I've felt these last 2 seasons have suffered an overall dip in quality in comparison to the first 3, I'm still going to miss this world and these characters.

In terms of the current plot, Michael touching Walter and showing him all his memories from the deleted timeline felt a little forced. That being said, the moment between Peter and he on the street where they discussed just that and embraced was wonderful.

Regarding Walter's sacrifice, I've a sneaking suspicion that September will be the one to go in his stead. But that may just be the part of me talking that doesn't want to say goodbye to Dr. Bishop.

Resetting the past by going into to the future? So the Observers would never exist? September would never save Walter and Peter? My brain hurts thinking about what will be achieved if they succeed. I hope to God it doesn't just end up with Peter, Olivia and young Etta in a loving embrace with knowing looks on their faces.

The reappearance of September has also pissed me off because now I feel like I need to go through the first 4 seasons to see if everything makes sense where he's involved.

Whatever happens, it's been a great ride.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #488
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

2-hour series finale is tonight. Very excited, but at the same time, a little sad. I, too, am not quite ready to say goodbye to these characters and this world.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #489
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff801 View Post
2-hour series finale is tonight. Very excited, but at the same time, a little sad. I, too, am not quite ready to say goodbye to these characters and this world.
Tell me about it! If last season was the very last season I probably wouldn't care as much but I've really enjoyed this season and will be sad to see it end! Hopefully it has a good ending and not a Lost type ending!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #490
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

I'm satisfied.

Peter and Walter's goodbye scene in the final episode had me close to tears, and I love how they brought back a few of the past Fringe events during the storming of the Observer base. Also, I loved how it all came full-circle. Everything Fringe-related started with Walter crossing through a portal with a little boy, and it ended with him crossing through another portal with another little boy. Only this time, it was to fix the damage he'd caused. Awesome.

I'll miss ya, Fringe. It was a fun 5 years.

Last edited by MovieBuff801; 01-19-2013 at 01:31 AM.
MovieBuff801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #491
carnage4u
The Bad Man

It was a fairly safe series finale, with some good moments. It was a decent close for this season. Time being reset was in now way a surprise, but still was done well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #492
Deexan
Reflektor

Emotionally it ticked all the right boxes, and I was pleased that everybody got their moment to shine, but the resetting of time makes ZERO sense.

If Walter and Michael were successful and the Observers never came back then September would never have shown up at Walternate's lab and prevented him from discovering the cure, meaning that "our" Walter wouldn't have traveled to the other side and saved Peter.

I mean, it's not Lost levels of suck (that finale had some great emotional beats too) but it wasn't a million miles away.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #493
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Not only does it make no sense, it's poor way to end a series. Somehow they managed to make the same mistake they made in Season 4 by disassociating us with the characters by making them different people. I couldn't care about characters that were alternate versions of people once Peter started jumping around, and I don't care about their plight and all the suffereing they've gone through in this season to have to end with a wipe like nothing ****ing happened.

Why do shows insist on having the "clean slate" idea for a series finale, it's bull****. A series is a jounrey. It should start somewhere and end somewhere. Don't they see this is just a rearranging of the oldest cliche in the book: it was all just a dream?

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #494
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deexan View Post
If Walter and Michael were successful and the Observers never came back then September would never have shown up at Walternate's lab and prevented him from discovering the cure, meaning that "our" Walter wouldn't have traveled to the other side and saved Peter.
Interesting. That didn't occur to me.

Anyway, I still liked it.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #495
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

I liked the finale it pretty much ended how I hoped
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #496
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Decided, since my Saturday was off, and rather slow, to get into this show. I will post a review on every episode as I go through it (short reviews, nothing long) and then a season review. I have NOT read through any comments, nor read through what anybody has said. This is going into a complete unknown show, so hopefully I will like it.

I have watched the first TWO episodes. It's too late to write reviews, but I will when I wake up. Safe to say, I really enjoy this show. I love the eerie, supernatural, noire feeling every episode has. I am already hooked.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #497
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
Decided, since my Saturday was off, and rather slow, to get into this show. I will post a review on every episode as I go through it (short reviews, nothing long) and then a season review. I have NOT read through any comments, nor read through what anybody has said. This is going into a complete unknown show, so hopefully I will like it.

I have watched the first TWO episodes. It's too late to write reviews, but I will when I wake up. Safe to say, I really enjoy this show. I love the eerie, supernatural, noire feeling every episode has. I am already hooked.
Interesting. Looking forward to it.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #498
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post

Awesome. Can't wait!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #499
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Here we go. I will include spoilers since the show is over, this thread has low population, and because I am guessing most people who go in here have already seen the end of the show. So....without further notice.

1.01 Pilot

Usually, 98% of any show I have ever seen start off awkward, at least in the pilot. Things are noticeably undeveloped, characters feel sort of awkward, and the story is usually one of the weaker parts. Fringe, is different than the rest, because for me, I was thoroughly entertained, intrigued and already beginning to develop a relationship with this show. This episode felt like a TV movie in regards to production values, and story-arc. Walter Bishop is priming to be one of the more interesting characters on television, and I really like seeing a female lead. The show has a solid balance that I am ready to get behind.

A-

1.02 The Same Old Story

Season One will be full of these filler episodes, but even still this episode provided me some entertainment while giving me lots of questions. Fringe feels so much like Lost, at least in the way the narrative is put out. Massive Dynamic has this eerie, futuristic vibe that has not fooled me (meaning, I can already tell, hey, bad guys). The Bishop's-Dunham dynamic is pretty awesome, and is developing as well as I'd hope.

B

1.03 The Ghost Network

The supernatural elements of this show really help build an X-Files feel, but even this episode felt too 'filling' to me. I love that JJ and Co do their best to provide answers, as well as stringing you along with questions. I'm beginning to really enjoy some of the supporting characters, especially Broyles, who while creepy, I feel like could be either a good guy, or someone with his own intentions (I guess almost like John). Regardless, I was not the most 'impressed' with this episode, but even still, this season has been pretty good so far.

1.04 The Arrival

Well, while the last episode might have been my least favorite episode so far in this 'early' season, The Arrival might be just my favorite. The Observers are so damn awesome in terms of creepiness, intrigue and generally developing my interest. Not many questions were really answered this episode, but more so asked. Who are the Observers? Can they REALLY read minds? If they can read minds, why did Peter tackle him!? Who is this guy that completely destroyed the FBI? WHY DOES HE HAVE THIS FUTURISTIC PULSE PISTOL!? I was slightly annoyed with Olivia's inability to at least consider Peter's encounter with The Observer, so much so that I literally yelled. I enjoyed the heart to heart conversation between the Bishops, even if it was a bit longer, at least it brought more into the whole Observer debacle. I'm not necessarily crazy about the John thing, as the show seems to be leaning on the 'good, bad, dead or alive' thing. Regardless, my favorite episode of the season.

A
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #500
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Excellent. Yeah, the Pilot is great and one of my Top 20 Episodes of the series. You are so right in that it feels like a mini-movie.

The Observers remain one of the most fascinating aspects of the series throughout, so you're in for a treat there. And they DO give an answer eventually to what they are exactly. They don't leave it up in the air.

And if I remember correctly, the whole John issue is done and dealt with by the end of the season.

Also, not to overshadow you or anything, but in case anybody else is interested, here's my list of my Top 20 Episodes of Fringe:

http://pgcooper1939.wordpress.com/20...des-of-fringe/