The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Neverending
sex

Arrow Guillermo del Toro and DC Present The Dark Universe

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98604

First rumored by Latino Review last fall, IGN has now confirmed with Guillermo del Toro that plans are underway for a DC Comics ensemble film that will star quite a few of the company's supernatural characters. Similar in lineup to the current "Justice League Dark" series, the film version is being developed with the title Dark Universe and has just hired a mystery writer.

"I'm working on it," del Toro says. "I'm writing the outline and we're already in talks with a writer. A very, very good writer. People are probably going to be happy with who we have chosen. He accepted. I've been courting this writer, who I think is the perfect guy for this job. We're doing it. Hopefully it will happen."

The Pacific Rim director goes on to hint that the lineup for the project includes Swamp Thing, The Demon, John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre and the father/daughter pair of Zatara and Zatanna.

"The movement for this happened before [The Avengers]," del Toro adds about DC building its own cinematic universe. "They were already galvanized to launch 'Justice League' and they were galvanized to make their universe cohesive... They are really, really, with 'Superman', very, very confident with what they have. They are now feeling they have two pillars. Batman and Superman... There's a foundation that now they can build on."

Man of Steel is set to hit theaters June 14 with Justice League tentatively planned for 2015.
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Alien
Space traveler

Send a message via MSN to Alien

Sounds good to me but how long till del Toro drops out? Isn't that his MO? Aren't there countless movies that del Toro was involved with before dropping out, and they were never heard from again or someone else took over?
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Del Toro produces a lot of films. Some of which people don't realize like Rise of the Guardians and Puss n Boot. So I doubt he'll drop out. He's usually picky when it comes to directing. That's what you're thinking about.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Alien
Space traveler

Send a message via MSN to Alien

I was thinking of The Hobbit and Tintin actually, both which he was set to direct at one point, sort of. The Hobbit he was going to direct and Tintin he was going to do one of the planned Trilogy with Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg doing the others (so far only Spielberg has done one and I believe he has said he'll now do the sequels too).

I'm sure there are others that I don't remember though.
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Those are directorial projects. His producing efforts is a different story.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote