The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community - We're going to party like it's 2003!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #7751
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

they are not comparable in the sense you are alluding to. if it were heroin we were discussing, maybe you would have a point.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #7752
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Quote:
The man was accused of burning copies of the Holy Quran at Memon mosque in Seeta village. According to the prayer leader of the mosque, Usman Memon, the man appeared to be a traveller who stayed at the mosque for a night.
“He offered Isha prayers [on Thursday] and spent the night here. When we [worshippers] came to the mosque for Fajr prayers, we found charred copies of the Holy Quran,” Memon told Sindh Express.

The worshippers suspected the unidentified lodger was responsible for the desecration since he was alone at the mosque. “We handed him over to the Rajo Dero police and lodged an FIR against him,” said Memon.

However, as word spread across the village, residents started gathering at the police station. Once the mob gathered strength, they overpowered the police officials posted at the station and took the accused into custody. Reportedly, they thrashed him before setting him on fire.

“There were more than 200 people against half a dozen policemen,” Ghulam Mustafa Tunio, the newly-appointed station house officer (SHO) of Rajo Dero police told Sindh Express. He added that the police could not identify the accused.

The senior superintendent of police (SSP) Dadu, Usman Ghani, said the 10 policemen present at Rajo Dero police station at the time of incident, including then SHO Baharuddin Keerio, have been suspended.

“We have also arrested around two dozen residents of the village,” he told reporters at the police station. Two separate FIRs have been lodged against the policemen and the village residents, SSP Ghani added.

More than 200 villagers have been booked for murder and obstructing police from duty under Sections 302 and 353 of the Pakistan Penal Code. The 10 policemen have been charged for negligence.
where are the muslim apologists on this site again?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #7753
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

lol we had Muslim Apologists on the forum?

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #7754
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

have. i believe some people said islam was just as bad as christianity. but christianity is nowhere near this level of barbarism.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #7755
sshuttari

Christian mob burns man alive after Nigeria church attack

KADUNA, Nigeria (AFP) - A Christian mob angry over a deadly suicide attack on a Nigerian church on Sunday burnt alive a man they believed to be Muslim as part of reprisal violence, an AFP correspondent said.

Attackers beat the motorcycle taxi driver, then put his bike on top of him before dousing him with petrol and setting him on fire, the AFP correspondent who saw the violence said.

A rescue official also spoke of the incident on condition of anonymity and said rescuers could not save him because the mob was too violent.

http://www.modernghana.com/news/4265...ia-church.html

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #7756
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Oh that guy was in "police protection"? And was the mob directed by religious leaders?

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #7757
sshuttari

Good question I have no idea. I just found the article interesting because it popped up right after I read your post.

Quote:

Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #7758
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

I would agree that most have forgotten to update with the times over there - it is the 21st century, not the 5th
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #7759
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
Good question I have no idea. I just found the article interesting because it popped up right after I read your post.
Besides, the Christians were responding to violence with violence, in the other the Muslims went after him because it is alleged he burned some pieces of paper.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #7760
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Idaho Sen. Crapo, charged with DUI, faces Jan. 4 court date; says he's 'deeply sorry'

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A conservative U.S. senator from Idaho who has said he doesn't drink because of his Mormon faith has been charged with drunken driving.

Sen. Michael Crapo, a three-term Republican with a reputation as a social and fiscal conservative, registered a blood alcohol content of .11 per cent after police pulled his car over in this suburb south of Washington, D.C., authorities said.

The 61-year-old lawmaker, who faces a court date Jan. 4, apologized in a statement issued hours after his arrest early Sunday.

"I am deeply sorry for the actions that resulted in this circumstance," Crapo said in the statement Sunday night. "I made a mistake for which I apologize to my family, my Idaho constituents and any others who have put their trust in me. I accept total responsibility and will deal with whatever penalty comes my way in this matter."

He also said he would take measures to ensure "this circumstance is never repeated."

Crapo, who was elected in 1998 and is in his third Senate term, is expected to take over the top Republican spot next year on the Senate Banking Committee. He also serves on the Senate's budget and finance panels and has been active on environmental and health issues. Crapo was a member of the so-called "Gang of Six" senators that worked in 2011 toward a deficit-reduction deal that was never adopted by Congress. He also served for six years in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Police in the suburb of Alexandria said Crapo was stopped early Sunday after his vehicle ran a red light. Police spokesman Jody Donaldson said Crapo failed field sobriety tests and was arrested at about 12:45 a.m. Sunday He was taken to the Alexandria jail and released on an unsecured $1,000 bond at about 5 a.m. Sunday.

"There was no refusal (to take blood alcohol tests), no accident, no injuries," Donaldson said. "Just a traffic stop that resulted in a DUI."

Police said Crapo, who was alone in his vehicle, registered a blood alcohol level of .11 per cent. The legal limit in Virginia, which has strict drunken driving laws, is .08 per cent.

In Virginia, the driver's license of anyone who registers a blood alcohol level of .08 per cent or higher is automatically suspended for seven days. A first-time conviction for DUI carries a mandatory, minimum $250 fine and license revocation for one year, according to the state Department of Motor Vehicles.

A Crapo spokesman declined to comment on the circumstances surrounding the arrest.

Crapo had told The Associated Press in past interviews that he abstains from drinking alcohol.

A Mormon who grew up in Idaho Falls, Idaho, Crapo was named a bishop in the church at age 31. He is an attorney who graduated from Brigham Young University and Harvard Law School. He has five children with his wife, Susan, and three grandchildren.

The Mormon church prohibits the use of alcohol, as well as coffee, tea and other substances. About one-quarter of Idaho residents are Mormon.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #7761
Deexan
Reflektor

*poo joke*

My Twitter
My Facebook
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #7762
sshuttari

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
Besides, the Christians were responding to violence with violence, in the other the Muslims went after him because it is alleged he burned some pieces of paper.
True.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #7763
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deexan View Post
*poo joke*
When he was stopped he probably said "O' Crap"
Old 12-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #7764
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
6 children hurt when gas can explodes in Texas

McKINNEY, Texas (AP) — Four children were airlifted to a Dallas hospital with critical burns after a gas can exploded on Christmas Eve next to an open fire pit in a backyard, a fire official said.

Two other children are in the hospital, one with serious injuries and the other with minor burns.

At least one of the children sprinkled gasoline on the fire Monday, and then left the can near the pit, said McKinney Fire Department spokeswoman Stacie Durham. The fumes from the can ignited, and all six children were nearby when it exploded, and the flames hit them, she said.

Deb Martin, a neighbor, told the Dallas Morning News she ran over to the house when she heard the explosion.

"It was a whoosh," Martin said. "I don't know how else to describe it, and the kids were screaming. I thought maybe it was a firecracker, but they kept screaming. Some of the kids were running from the backyard."

The injured children, ages 4 to 11, are related and some are siblings, Durham said. A fifth child also taken to the Dallas hospital was in serious condition, and a sixth was taken to a McKinney hospital with minor burns, she said.

The children were believed to have been left unsupervised in the backyard. Adults were inside the home at the time of the explosion.

There were several other children in the backyard that were unhurt, Martin said. She said she and other neighbors called 911 and removed the injured children's clothes because they were on fire.

A child who is believed not to have been injured ran into the home and told the adults there was an explosion and the children were on fire, Durham said
I guess the adults must have been in the double-wide watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #7765
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

NY area lawmakers: House GOP scraps vote Sandy aid

WASHINGTON (AP) — New York area-lawmakers in both parties erupted in anger late Tuesday night after learning the House Republican leadership decided to allow the current term of Congress to end without holding a vote on aid for victims of Superstorm Sandy.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said he was told by the office of Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia that Speaker John Boehner of Ohio had decided to abandon a vote this session.

Cantor, who sets the House schedule, did not immediately comment. House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer of Maryland told reporters that just before Tuesday evening's vote on "fiscal cliff" legislation, Cantor told him that he was "99.9 percent confident that this bill would be on the floor, and that's what he wanted."

A spokesman for Boehner, Michael Steel said, "The speaker is committed to getting this bill passed this month."

In remarks on the House floor, King called the decision "absolutely inexcusable, absolutely indefensible. We cannot just walk away from our responsibilities."

The Senate approved a $60.4 billion measure Friday to help with recovery from the October storm that devastated parts of New York, New Jersey and nearby states. The House Appropriations Committee has drafted a smaller, $27 billion measure, and a vote had been expected before Congress' term ends Thursday at noon.

More than $2 billion in federal funds has been spent so far on relief efforts for 11 states and the District of Columbia struck by the storm, one of the worst ever to hit the Northeast. The Federal Emergency Management Agency's disaster relief fund still has about $4.3 billion, enough to pay for recovery efforts into early spring, according to officials. The unspent FEMA money can only be used for emergency services, said Rep. Frank Pallone Jr., D-N.J.

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New Hampshire, Delaware, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts are receiving federal aid.

Sandy was blamed for at least 120 deaths and battered coastline areas from North Carolina to Maine. New York, New Jersey and Connecticut were the hardest hit states and suffered high winds, flooding and storm surges. The storm damaged or destroyed more than 72,000 homes and businesses in New Jersey. In New York, 305,000 housing units were damaged or destroyed and more than 265,000 businesses were affected.

"This is an absolute disgrace and the speaker should hang his head in shame," said Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y.

"I'm here tonight saying to myself for the first time that I'm not proud of the decision my team has made," said Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y. "It is the wrong decision, and I' m going to be respectful and ask that the speaker reconsider his decision. Because it's not about politics, it's about human lives."

"I truly feel betrayed this evening," said Rep. Nita Lowey, D-N.Y.

"We need to be there for all those in need now after Hurricane Sandy," said Rep. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y.

The House Democratic leader, Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California, said she didn't know whether a decision has been made and added, "We cannot leave here doing nothing. That would be a disgrace."
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #7766
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Man, it's been a horrific month or two for Boehner. First the "Plan B" House fiscal-cliff proposal debacle, and now Chris Christie/Peter King are BOTH firing shots at him. I wouldn't be shocked if Ronald Reagan rises up from the grave tomorrow and punches him in the jaw. With Boehner, anything is possible...

Speaking of Boehner, anyone read that Politico article? The account of Boehner telling Harry Reid to "go **** yourself" is priceless.

This will explain everything.

Last edited by Brock Landers; 01-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #7767
TracyD
Grip

Default News of the day

Does this mean that the news of the day is all posted in one thread?
TracyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #7768
TracyD
Grip

To tell you guys the truth...I pretty much only watch the news for entertainment. I know that is sad but Washington DC is so politically messed up that there is no a SINGLE trustworthy politian. Thye are all liars and pretty much they are all in it together and they are just putting on a show for the public while t hey cook their individual deals behind closed doors. It is sickening.

Sadly I am so suspicious that I find myself questioning the legitmacy of Clinton's healt scare. It just seems so conveniet to me. And then last Sunday when some senators said that they still wanted her to testify before she leaves office, then suddenly that evening there is another health crisis that popped up. She may be genuinely sick...but the crap they try to pull over the publics eye makes me awefully suspicious.
TracyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #7769
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
Man, it's been a horrific month or two for Boehner. First the "Plan B" House fiscal-cliff proposal debacle, and now Chris Christie/Peter King are BOTH firing shots at him. I wouldn't be shocked if Ronald Reagan rises up from the grave tomorrow and punches him in the jaw. With Boehner, anything is possible...

Speaking of Boehner, anyone read that Politico article? The account of Boehner telling Harry Reid to "go **** yourself" is priceless.
King was on the Today Show this morning backpedaling on that statement and kissing Boehner's ass - politics as usual.

I put the Harry Reid thing in Quote of the Day (King said Boehner said that as a joke - yeah pull the other one now)

I wrote the Speaker again:
Priorities - Finding temporary fixes was more important to you than those who needed permanent fixes - like people who lost their homes and businesses

In trying to save face - you lose your butt

Last edited by Ramplate; 01-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #7770
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alleg...o/-/index.html

Quote:
PITTSBURGH —If you come to this city to visit a friend, chances are you eat at Primanti Bros.

Pittsburgh's iconic restaurant chain strikes a deal for expansion. Primanti Bros. says they want to reach "the next level." See how their huge sandwiches became synonymous with the 'Burgh.
MORE
"We're meeting a buddy here. He said this is the place to come," said Alex Woolford, of Connecticut. "I'm excited."

"The cole slaw and French fries on a sandwich -- it's a 'Burgh thing," said Frank, of Washington, Pa., who did not give his last name.

Soon, fans of Primanti might not have to be in the Steel City to order a Pitts-Burgher cheese steak. One of Pittsburgh's most iconic restaurants is striking a major deal to expand.

The local restaurant chain released this statement Wednesday: "Serving some of the best and boldest sandwiches in the country, Primanti Bros. has established a premier position in our industry, built upon a rich, Pittsburgh history and a loyal guest following. To build on our success, Primanti Bros. is delighted to announce that we have received an investment from Catterton Partners, the leading consumer-focused private equity firm in the U.S. Catterton has significant experience in the restaurant industry, where they have achieved great success with well-known, iconic companies such as Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, P.F. Chang's, First Watch, Outback Steakhouse, Mendocino Farms, Cheddar's and Noodles & Company, among others. Catterton will enhance Primanti Bros.' growth and brand development and support the expansion of the Primanti Bros. concept to help take our company to the next level."

Primanti Bros. did not give specific details of possible locations where it wants to expand. It has three restaurants in Florida that are popular with ex-Pittsburgh residents.

"Loved it -- bring it to Rhode Island," said Brian Davis, who's visiting Pittsbrugh from that state. He chowed down on a calorie-filled sandwich, but said, "It was all worth it."

How about Primanti in California? Pittsburgher John Moorhead said, "Oh, no. I don't know about that. You want to keep it Pittsburgh. It's a Pittsburgh thing, so we've got to keep it here."
has anyone else had a manti besides me and vader?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #7771
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

nope
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #7772
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
Report: House GOP 'Seriously Entertaining' Debt Default Idea
The Atlantic Wire:

Now that the magic coin is no longer on the table, Politico is kicking off the next stage of the debt ceiling fight with a report that House Republicans are "seriously entertaining dramatic steps," including letting the government default or shutting it down altogether. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers even went on the record with the shutdown threat, saying "I think it is possible that we would shut down the government to make sure President Obama understands that we're serious." Republicans will continue to hold both options over the head of the country—particularly the shutdown option—unless they can get the president to commit to serious spending cuts in this year's budget.

One of the underlying premises of the platinum coin kerfuffle was that it may be a silly idea, but that's just how you behave when negotiating with crazy people. So the purpose of this Politico story seems to be a reminder from the House Republicans that they are indeed, still crazy. The message is that the White House (or Ben Bernanke, at least) may have taken its most extreme options off the table, but the GOP hasn't, so don't get too comfortable.

Politico also pushes the ongoing meme that the House leadership are not the crazy ones—it's the rank-and-file Tea Party sympathizers who can't be reasoned with. You see, John Boehner understands that both of those action would be bad for the U.S. and the economy, but he's not sure he can control his friends ... if you get the drift. It's a classic "good cop/loose cannon cop" scenario.

So it is purely a negotiating ploy, or are they legitimately crazy? Is the President willing to call their bluff and find out? No one seems to have any idea what either side is truly capable of, which is exactly how the negotiators want it.
Yeah because if you can't have it your way - shut it down completely - that's always better.
The republican party is on life support so why not put the whole country on it.
YAY
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #7773
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Just when you thought journalism couldn't sink any lower...

Investigating Investigative Journalism
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #7774
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

I loved that segment.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #7775
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Interior Secretary's $222,000 Bathroom

Maybe the Pentagon's legendary $600 toilet seat was a bargain.

The personal bathroom used by the secretary of the Interior is so swanky that its renovation cost $222,000. No detail was overlooked: It has a $3,500 sub-zero refrigerator (hey, if you're going to have a fridge in the bathroom, it might as well be a good one) and a $689 faucet. At least the "vintage tissue holder" was cheap: just $65 bucks.

The renovation was done in 2007 under President George W. Bush's Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne, but is only now coming to light, thanks to the dogged reporting by ABC News Atlanta affiliate WSB-TV, which first filed a Freedom of Information Act request on the renovation four years ago.

The renovations were the subject of an internal audit by the General Services Administration, which has responsibility for most federal government properties.

In a classic bureaucratic understatement, the audit report noted, "A number of the items incorporated into the renovation project call into question the need for luxurious materials."