Ain't that the truth.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #777
sandman441
Dirty White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Boo. That finale was a let down. I thought Dexter was going to turn himself in and take full responsibility. Instead they ended it the same ****ing way they always end a storyline where somoeone is onto Dexter. This time Deb killed someone? Who cares, that makes even less sense.
I don't think Dex will ever turn himself in only because it's going to screw over his sister and his son will grow up with out Dexter. It kind of causes alot of problems in a series that is not going to end until next year. I honestly think it's going to end with Dexter dead or him disappearing.

It shows that even though Deb knows that dexter is a monster she still has his back and he has her back. It's more of a bonding thing than anything. I thought the finale was good, it closes a few storylines and starts the main one next season. Laguerta had to die no was around it, plus she was annoying and wasn't going to drop the dexter being the bay harbor butcher. Does this mean matthews takes over again?
sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #778
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

I forgot who, I think someone on these boards, but I agree that the entire last season as Dexter arrested could work. He wouldn't have to be behind bars for a ll his scenes, he could be brought around to find bodies and such like that one guy earlier in this season. There's also courtroom scenes.

The season would be exciting to watch and it could be retrospective about all the things he's done in the last few seasons. It would also be very introspective as it could be all about Dexter and how he tries to explain his actions to the main characters. There could also be more ghost cameos, like how his brother came back that one time.

Instead, we're going to have another boring villain and only in the very last episode will something interesting happen...or not.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #779
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

I liked this season up until the death of the Russian mob guy (I can't be bothered to look up his name). I really wanted Deb's ex to get busted for stealing evidence and being a dirty cop. Anyway, the end of this season took a bit of a nose dive for me, and I really thought the finale was pretty lame. Lots of flashbacks with Doakes, and a lot of nothing really happening. Laguerta's death felt more like a "finally" then some big impact or anything.

Meh.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #780
JBond
Beyond

I'll admit I loved seeing Doakes again.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #781
carnage4u
The Bad Man

While I think it would have been interesting if Dexter was arrested at the end of the season. I never thought the show would do it. I just don't believe the writers could have pulled off a season of that happening. I like the show enough for what it is, but don't believe it they had the skill to make an entire season of dexter in jail. (not saying its a bad idea, just knew the show writers could do it)

Doakes was such a great character. THis show has a history of removing some of the its best side characters sadly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #782
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Haven't seen it, but "Ding Dong the ***** is Dead"

"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #783
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
Doakes was such a great character.
Killing Doakes was the worst decision this show ever made. In the books, he's still alive and pursing Dexter.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #784
carnage4u
The Bad Man

While I agree he was great, and probably should have been around longer, it be hard if he was still on the show- 7 years of - I don't trust that Dexter guy might have gotten a bit silly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #785
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
7 years of I don't trust that Dexter guy might have gotten a bit silly.
In the books, the relationship between Dexter and Doaxes is similar to Hank and "Heisenberg" in Breaking Bad. It's a constant cat-and-mouse game. That's why I feel it was a HUGE mistake to kill him. It makes more sense for Dexter to be at risk from a cop in pursue instead of murderers who can kill him at any moment. Ever since season 3, Dexter has become increasingly careless and his survivals have become more and more ridiculous.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #786
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Plus, the actor that played Doakes was awesome at it. Watching the finale, I realized just how much I missed the guy, lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #787
sandman441
Dirty White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
Killing Doakes was the worst decision this show ever made. In the books, he's still alive and pursing Dexter.
Did the books get better after 3? I think it was book 3 with all the religious stuff was way weird.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #788
DVDAVE
I have to many DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441 View Post
Did the books get better after 3? I think it was book 3 with all the religious stuff was way weird.
No, the books are not really good at all. They kind of stopped the whole being possessed by a ancient god thing. But the show is still 10 times better then the books. And as for Doakes, in the books he had his tongue, feet, and hands removed. So he really isn't doing anything special in the books.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #789
sandman441
Dirty White Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDAVE View Post
No, the books are not really good at all. They kind of stopped the whole being possessed by a ancient god thing. But the show is still 10 times better then the books. And as for Doakes, in the books he had his tongue, feet, and hands removed. So he really isn't doing anything special in the books.
yeah I knew that part, I was just hoping that the books got better as I wanted to finish off reading them. But that sucks they didn't get better, I can't remember the last book I read it was either the one about the ancient god or the one where doakes gets everything cut out/off. I do agree that the show is alot better than the books though.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #790
Tornado
Bear Down

I haven't watched any of this season.

Is it even worth the effort? I was thoroughly disappointed by Seasons 5 and 6.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #791
iv3rdawG
Oh My Glob!

The first nine episodes are surprisingly good (see some reviews here: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/dexter,17/ and compare the grades they gave this season to last season). Who knows though, that could just be because last season was so bad but I genuinely enjoyed a lot of it, thanks in large part to Ray Stevenson. The last few episodes are pretty average though.

Controlled Obsession Website | Controlled Obsession Twitter | Controlled Obsession Facebook | Twitter (Personal)

Last edited by iv3rdawG; 12-20-2012 at 04:15 PM.
iv3rdawG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #792
JBond
Beyond

All I know is, Tornado, it's easily better than seasons 5 and 6.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #793
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

It was a better season, and, as I said in an earlier post, I seem to agree with people that what started out strong turned into a floundering season. I thought the finale was very weak.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #794
carnage4u
The Bad Man

I do like they changed up the pacing and the format for the season, and it was better then last year, but I agree they didnt do as well in the last few episodes. The one nice thing with the different pacing, is I rarely knew what to expect on any given episode.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #795
shained
Y.N.W.A

Send a message via MSN to shained

Can't believe how much hate the last few seasons are getting. I know they were not as good as the earlier ones but every show is going too have a little decline over time. I still think this is the most consistent show in terms of quality that there is, up there with The Wire as the best ever in my opinion.

This season was fantastic for the first 8/9 episodes, right up until Isaac died and it concentrated too much on Dexters relationship with Hannah. I really thought, and kind of, hoped Deb had drugged herself too trick Dexter into giving Hannah up. I liked how Dexter had someone he could just be himself around.

The highlight of the season was definitely Isaac, followed closely by all the Doakes flashbacks. One of my favourite scenes was when Dex followed Isaac into the gay bar. That whole dynamic and conversation had me on the edge of my seat, it was fantastic.

The last few episodes slowed the pace down far too much for my liking though. I can't wait too see how they handle this situation though.

I'd now rate the series as:

4 (don't know if I'm using rose tinted glasses or not but Trinity season has grown better in my memory over time)

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone

Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #796
JBond
Beyond

Season 6 was one of the worst seasons of any show in a long time.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #797
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Major news! Dexter will no longer air in October. The new season will premiere on June 30th. Replacing Dexter in October will be the Lizzy Caplan series Masters of Sex.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #798
shained
Y.N.W.A

Send a message via MSN to shained

Dexter sooner! All good with me.

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone

Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #799
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shained View Post
Dexter sooner! All good with me.
2013: The Summer of 'Dexter' and 'Breaking Bad.' Both shows are supposed to be ending.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #800
carnage4u
The Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Season 6 was one of the worst seasons of any show in a long time.

6 was not exciting, but no where near that bad. lol. There are too many of shows that went crazy off script with plots and nonsense.. dexter 6 was just an uninspiring villain, with average dexter plot randomness.

Of course the blackhole of Season 4 of Fringe still poisons my opinion on what qualifiers for horrible TV.