The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #210026
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

you act like democrats can't be religious, they have the black vote, perhaps the most religious race of people in the states today, a good lot of them are religious nutjobs, and they still vote democrat.

my problem is you think religion causes no problems, and everyone should just stay out of organized religion's way. religion affects way too many policy decisions, and in a negative way.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #210027
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
The difference is one is a major cult (Islam) giving rise to paranoia, violence, and fear.

I say this not because I'm bashing Muslims but because I grew up Muslim and left the faith in College.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post

my problem is you think religion causes no problems, and everyone should just stay out of organized religion's way. religion affects way too many policy decisions, and in a negative way.

Are you kidding me??? I think organized religions that use it for power are the worst people on the planet. Just look at the middle east, it's filled with atrocities of basic human rights.

I don't believe any religion has any place in Politics or Government.

You have the right to what you believe, but your believe system does not belong to a whole nation because our nation is filled with people who are Buddhists, Athesists, Christians, Hindus... ect...

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #210028
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

But you cant keep somones base beliefs out of policy. Like if a politician thinks the earth is 6000 years old and God created the grand canyon, that guy shouldn't be leading a science or climate change committee, but it happens all the time. Is happening. And it is just being willfully ignorant, choosing to ignore facts. Major difference when your beliefs are bat **** crazy, you shouldn't be allowed at the table, and we as a people need to start saying something about it.

If it wasn't so detrimental to real progress I would be all for religious views, but some people, and notably politicians, take it way too far.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-17-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #210029
sshuttari

hmm... well I can see is there views can go hand in hand with politics just like any atheist would.

Just like you have the right to give your view point... That's why it's a democracy.

I don't know many people that bring what you pointed out about science, if I did meet that person I would tell them thats great they believe that, but we have to go by what's happening in the world and what to do about it from all points of view. Not just theres

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.

Last edited by sshuttari; 12-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #210030
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
ss you sound like some religious nutjob.
Dude. Can you make it one day without being obnoxious? Even if ss was a "religious nutjob" -- which I don't think he is, despite my own atheism -- what would be the point of calling him one? You speak of how religion is a detriment to society & progress, but so is acting like a douchebag.

This will explain everything.

Last edited by Brock Landers; 12-17-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #210031
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramplate View Post
And I respectfully disagree with the sentiment "Live, Love, and Marry Unless you're gay." Every consenting adult has the right to living, loving, and marrying whomever they both willingly choose with mutual consent.

Most gay and lesbian people I have personally met have been some of the nicest most giving people, and deserve to live in peace and happiness.
I hope you're not disagreeing with me, here? You do know that, that comment was used to express what religious organizations think, not what I think, right? This part sounds like you're disagreeing with me as if I wrote that last part not to quote my bashing of religious nutjobs, but like I said it myself...

EDIT: Sorry, I had to post that because your post kinda made me feel like I was moving backwards in having people here know my beliefs and all. I've only ever supported ANYONE's right to be who they want to be. I feel like I have to explain that all over again just so people understand where I'm coming from. I swear I thought my post made sense, but that last line was taken out of context, I don't know... I'm having a crappy day, so if I'm ranting I apologize.

Last edited by Tolkien; 12-17-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #210032
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Ahh, my mistake I did interpret it that way, but at the same time I thought that wasn't like you
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"

Last edited by Ramplate; 12-17-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #210033
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Ahh, my mistake I did interpret it that way, but at the same time I thought that wasn't like you
Tolk's a good dude. I've known him for over 10 years, and he's one of the most empathetic, kind people I've run across.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #210034
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

ss was playing fairness nazi, and that **** is useless in a real society.

not everyone's opinion is worth listening to, or even considering.

and just to be pedantic, the united states is not a democracy, we are a constitutional republic.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #210035
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
Tolk's a good dude. I've known him for over 10 years, and he's one of the most empathetic, kind people I've run across.
No worries... Like I said, I'm just having a really crappy day today. And it's only Monday. ugh.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #210036
sshuttari

Quote:
ss was playing fairness nazi, and that **** is useless in a real society.
Good thing internet is fair! Right? RIGHT?!!!

Quote:

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #210037
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO

Quote:
The difference is one is a major cult (Islam) giving rise to paranoia, violence, and fear.

I say this not because I'm bashing Muslims but because I grew up Muslim and left the faith in College.
I don't think you can say that Islam is a religion that promotes paranoia, violence and fear, then go on to say that you are not bashing Muslims. I think it is truly unfair to say that about Muslims, in general. After all, I believe any religion can inspire paranoia, violence and fear. At the end of the day, it comes down to the practitioners of these religions and how they conduct themselves. As Justin have illustrated, there are atheist, Christian and Muslim bigots out there, no questions about that. I think your attempt to paint Islam in a negative light is unjust and unfair.

Then again, hey, I think you already have FranklinTard to deal with. Good luck.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #210038
sshuttari

I could tell you guys stories of my Mosque community on top of stories. And how I grew up...

Quote:

Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #210039
Justin
Executive Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I'm having a crappy day, so if I'm ranting I apologize.
Crappy day, crappy month for me.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #210040
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
I could tell you guys stories of my Mosque community on top of stories. And how I grew up...
I understand, but at the end of the day it's about the practitioners, not the religions. There are primitive ideologies in all religions, but if the practitioners want to practice them in the 21st century, then it is the problem with the practitioners. Stoning a woman to death is the same as saying that God hates dead soldiers. It's all about the practitioners taking things to the extreme.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #210041
Justin
Executive Loser

Quote:
How is it a cult, but Christianity isn't? Both share the same format and are rooted in the same religious commonalities that the ancient pagan religions had, like the Chinese, the Romans, the Greeks, the Phoenicians, and the Scandinavians-- aside from the obvious differences, they all have the same imagery. Look it up, nearly every religion on Earth has the same interchangeable symbolism. But really, I've never understood the differences between a "cult" and a "religion". How do we differentiate them, honestly?

I don't think I need to state this, but Christianity doesn't exactly have an unblemished history. It's full of violence, discrimination, and racism. Islam, while tarnished by radicals today, was not always violent. For a long time, they were considered to be very peaceful and progressive. Let me be abundantly clear and say that I'm not knocking Christianity or any religion. There's just very few religions on Earth with a lily-white history. I can only think of maybe two, such as Buddhism and Shintoism. Trying to cover up the ugly part of the history of something you love isn't a great idea.

Last edited by Justin; 12-17-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #210042
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I can only think of maybe two, such as Buddhism and Shintoism. Trying to cover up the ugly part of the history of something you love isn't a great idea.
They are probably the better of the lot, but they are not free from violence either.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #210043
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

I'm actually with ss on his anti Islam. Christianity is nowhere near as scary anymore, maybe hundreds of years ago, but not now.

And Buddhists and Muslims have been at war for years, so don't tell me Buddhists are these great peace lovers either, just forget that propoganda.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #210044
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
I'm actually with ss on his anti Islam. Christianity is nowhere near as scary anymore, maybe hundreds of years ago, but not now.

And Buddhists and Muslims have been at war for years, so don't tell me Buddhists are these great peace lovers either, just forget that propoganda.
Maybe all major religions have violent phases. Maybe in a century, it'd be the Scientologists to take over –*with laser guns.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #210045
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

That's just an absurd thing to say... our new Chinese masters would never let them take over.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #210046
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
That's just an absurd thing to say... our new Chinese masters would never let them take over.
You'd be surprised at how established Scientology is in Asia. It's only a matter of time, guys.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #210047
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Unless Scientology offers them the Big Mansion, I don't see it happening...

Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #210048
Justin
Executive Loser

Keep your thetan levels in check Tolkien. Let's not go crazy.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #210049
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

True Islam is not a cult - sub-groups like the Taliban have twisted the religion to mean something that is not meant to be.
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #210050
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

disagree, the large portion of the religion doesn't support free speech. they want people murdered for expressing themselves.

hell even cat stevens now supports the death of people over drawing the prophet.

that religion is scary. much scarier than scientology.

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-18-2012 at 11:54 AM.