The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #51
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,572
Default

It's a mental health issue.
This country needs better mental health laws, and also needs to restrict access to guns for those who have mental deficiencies.
Also - in this country in most states you have to go through education courses for road safety and to test your capability to operate a motor vehicle on public roads.
Why do you not need to do the same to operate a gun? I wrote my senators with those thoughts just a few days ago because of the accidental shooting in Pennsylvania where a man killed his own son outside a gun store while getting into their car.

There is an official White House Petition site where you can sign many different petitions on important issues you want the government to look at here https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gency/DLwvxxzJ <-------that one addresses mental health and guns in relation to yesterday's tragedy.
Once they get a certain number of signatures the issue will be addressed.
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"

Last edited by Ramplate; 12-15-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,725
Default

look at the chinese thing though, 22 people stabbed... 0 deaths.

in america... whole lot more deaths. what was the difference? oh yea, guns.

both involved deranged individuals, but one was much deadlier.

it is simply put, much easier to decide and to go through with the killing of someone with a gun, just takes a second, you don't even have to get dirty. going after them with a knife? they could fight back, you might not have it in you when you are staring into their eyes, the struggle, etc. with guns? just pull the trigger, worry about consequences later.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #53
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramplate View Post
It's a mental health issue.
This country needs better mental health laws, and also needs to restrict access to guns for those who have mental deficiencies.
Also - in this country in most states you have to go through education courses for road safety and to test your capability to operate a motor vehicle on public roads.
Why do you not need to do the same to operate a gun? I wrote my senators with those thoughts just a few days ago because of the accidental shooting in Pennsylvania where a man killed his own son outside a gun store while getting into their car.

There is an official White House Petition site where you can sign many different petitions on important issues you want the government to look at here https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...gency/DLwvxxzJ <-------that one addresses mental health and guns in relation to yesterday's tragedy.
Once they get a certain number of signatures the issue will be addressed.
It is a mental health issue, but in this particular case, it wouldn't have mattered. Early reports yesterday even stated that they were NOT his guns, they belonged to his mother. Franklin has it right on this one. There were zero deaths from yesterday's incident in China--that's vastly different from the atrocity at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Guns are "tools" in the strictest sense of the word. But the reason for their existence has not changed: they are meant to maim, kill, and injure. They serve no other purpose. Back when the incident at the theater happened, all these far-right gun nuts tried to make the case that arming the theater would've been a good idea. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Go ahead and arm everyone, and you'll understand what it's like to live in a constant state of fear. Everyone has a gun, everyone's paranoid out of their minds. I certainly don't feel comfortable being around people who have guns in their homes. This is coming from a person who grew up in Georgia, where guns are very common. Imagine that on a mass level.

Last edited by Justin; 12-16-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #54
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,725
Default

also lets look at the aurora shooting at the batman show, he was literally seeing mental health professionals in the weeks/months leading up to his decision. but it didn't matter, his firepower is literally the only thing that mattered in the end.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #55
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 33,020
Default

You can't simply take away the instrument and think everything's going to be fine. The underlying issue also needs to be dealt with. Guns, knives, fists. Makes no difference to me. It's all unnecessary violence taken out on innocents. And it needs to stop.

Gun control is only part of this equation. Just as mental health is only part.
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,238
Default

Of course, I don't think anyone here believes that everything would be ideal if guns were outlawed. There's still the major issue of mental health care that needs to be dealt with.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #57
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,725
Default

But that isn't an exact science, the mental health issue. Like the aurora shooter showed.

But if there are few guns as in the case of England... there are few gun deaths, that correlation does equal causation, it is an exact science. The amount of guns owned in the States period would mean we would never be rid of them completely, but what is the signal for action? 20 dead kintergardeners (never thought I would ever even think that much less type it) isn't anywhere near enough though, obviously judging from the reaction of this thread alone.

Trying to end all violence is a pipdream and completely unrealistic in any society involving humans, but gun violence? That we can solve.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #58
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,238
Default

You're right.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #59
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,572
Default

Some jerks are trying to make a printable gun.
Yes it takes a fancy printer that can construct 3D objects, but they do work for a short duration.

I'm not under any delusion that the gun problem will just go away or that every person in the country will become sane, or not develop a bad personality disorder - but the cracks in those situations need to be at least puttied over as well as possible.
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #60
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 33,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
Trying to end all violence is a pipdream and completely unrealistic in any society involving humans, but gun violence? That we can solve.
So we shouldn't try?


And I'm not disagreeing with you, btw. Just acknowledging other factors.
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #61
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,360
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

I wish we all tried harder, but unfortunately, it's going to take entire generations of evolution just to try and change even the littlest thing about human beings. The term "It's Human Nature" exists for a reason. Violence, like other good or bad aspects is programed into our DNA, it's who we are, what we do, how we exist. Entire civilizations are created and/or destroyed because of our desire to do whatever it is we have to, to survive.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #62
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick
 
Seakazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 5,361
Send a message via AIM to Seakazoo
Default

And no one was surprised

Connecticut school shooting: Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

“They need to come back to Oklahoma,” Bryan Weathers, from Moore, said. “We know how to take care of them here.”

“Westboro 'God hates Fags' Baptist Church is planning to pciket at Sandy Hook, to praise 'God's judgment,'” Margie Phelps tweeted as well on Dec. 15.
The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Westoboro Baptist Church is known for carrying signs that read “Thank God for dead babies” and the like. It is unknown what kind of signs will be seen, if the Westboro Baptist Church actually pickets in Newtown, CT.

The Supreme Court ruled that it is legal for the Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals. Despite that ruling, many cities and towns have passed laws that force the Westboro Baptist Church to stay a specific distance away from funerals.
__________________
You stick pennies up your ass for confidence

https://twitter.com/seakazoo My Twitter
https://twitter.com/piratejim2 My cat's Twitter
Seakazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #63
Dracula
Bloodgod
 
Dracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 16,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUsubaruchick View Post
And no one was surprised

Connecticut school shooting: Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

“They need to come back to Oklahoma,” Bryan Weathers, from Moore, said. “We know how to take care of them here.”

“Westboro 'God hates Fags' Baptist Church is planning to pciket at Sandy Hook, to praise 'God's judgment,'” Margie Phelps tweeted as well on Dec. 15.
The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Westoboro Baptist Church is known for carrying signs that read “Thank God for dead babies” and the like. It is unknown what kind of signs will be seen, if the Westboro Baptist Church actually pickets in Newtown, CT.

The Supreme Court ruled that it is legal for the Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals. Despite that ruling, many cities and towns have passed laws that force the Westboro Baptist Church to stay a specific distance away from funerals.
Why can't the crazy people of the world do their mass shootings at the Westboro Baptist Church's "picket lines" instead of schools?
__________________
Check out my review blog
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #64
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick
 
Seakazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 5,361
Send a message via AIM to Seakazoo
Default

I just thought of something. If they carry signs around saying "Thank God for dead babies" does that mean they're totally cool with abortion?
__________________
You stick pennies up your ass for confidence

https://twitter.com/seakazoo My Twitter
https://twitter.com/piratejim2 My cat's Twitter
Seakazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #65
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 33,020
Default

Yes. And we should absolutely spread that message.
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #66
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,572
Default

Some jerk called in a bomb threat to a catholic church in Newtown today
Someone was arrested in Indiana (I think) for threatening to shoot up another elementary school - they found about 47 guns at his home.
Also some kid was arrested for planning another school attack - forgot where.
And someone at a shopping mall parking lot got arrested for shooting 50 rounds in the air and into the ground.

The nut jobs are coming out of the woodwork now. And they're all trying to outdo each other in grabbing the spotlight
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #67
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,238
Default

That's what happens when you live in a country where the press make celebrities out of the certifiably insane.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #68
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 33,020
Default

I hate news coverage today. The false sincerity and the melodramatic deliveries. It's like they putting on a performance (which they very well could be).
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #69
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,591
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

Okay, so why is it that children are slayed but nobody has made an action towards these Westboro folks? I'm getting sick and tired of them picketing soldier's funerals, and now innocent children. It's freaking sick. Ugh. They're lucky I'm not there, or hell, most of us. I would definitely be saying something.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #70
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 33,020
Default

Ignore them. All they want is the media attention. I think most media outlets recognize that.
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #71
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,572
Default



Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anon...v4XCiifEzuU.99
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"

Last edited by Ramplate; 12-16-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #72
Frizzo the Clown
Awesome
 
Frizzo the Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 36,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramplate View Post
Some jerk called in a bomb threat to a catholic church in Newtown today
Someone was arrested in Indiana (I think) for threatening to shoot up another elementary school - they found about 47 guns at his home.
Also some kid was arrested for planning another school attack - forgot where.
And someone at a shopping mall parking lot got arrested for shooting 50 rounds in the air and into the ground.

The nut jobs are coming out of the woodwork now. And they're all trying to outdo each other in grabbing the spotlight
Early the same morning of the Newtown shootings, an 18-year-old was arrested for plotting a shooting/bombing in Bartlesville, OK. Its part of the Tulsa Metro. That might be what you're referring to.

Last edited by Frizzo the Clown; 12-16-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Frizzo the Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #73
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet
 
Brock Landers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 27,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramplate View Post
Some jerk called in a bomb threat to a catholic church in Newtown today
Really? My God. Some people really need to be publicly kicked in the teeth. I say we let the family members of the victims line up and take turns giving them one good, solid kick to the face.
__________________
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #74
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzo the Clown View Post
Early the same morning of the Newtown shootings, an 18-year-old was arrested for plotting a shooting/bombing in Bartlesville, OK. Its part of the Tulsa Metro. That might be what you're referring to.
Yes, thank you that's the one
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #75
FilmJerk
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
 
FilmJerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tejas
Posts: 6,008
Default

now theres reports of a shooting at a san antonio theatre. what the hell is happening
FilmJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Contact Us - ComingSoon.net - Superhero Hype! - Shock Till You Drop - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ComingSoon.net is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © All Rights Reserved.