The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Movies Coming Soon

Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #676
Neverending
sex

Knerys is correct. This trend started with Dark Knight.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #677
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
Are you saying Neverending is a lady?
Let's just say there isn't much use for a cup when playing soccer.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #678
Neverending
sex

Exclamation

http://movieline.com/2012/12/11/star...riman-spoilers

Quote:
Benedict Cumberbatch is... John Harrison

First things first: A conveniently released/leaked still revealed that Cumberbatch's mystery villain is named John Harrison, though some questioned whether this was a misdirection on Abrams' part. So what do we know about him?

Well, get used to the name. At Monday's press day Cumberbatch's character was referred to left and right as Harrison. The costumes of his on display were sleekly functional and metrosexual (one getup involved a scarf and a cobra-like cowl that would fit right in with H&M's Winter 2259 line). The Starfleet-issued black shirt he wears in the above photo, I'm told, is the same kind Chris Pine's Kirk wears in 2009's Star Trek; read into that what you may.

I briefly spoke with Cumberbatch about the character, and while he couldn't say much he did describe Harrison in a particular way. "He's a terrorist," Cumberbatch emphasized. Still a mystery, but that brings me to...

The Klingons

Yes, Star Trek Into Darkness will have Klingons — we'll even take a trip to the Klingon home planet of Qo'noS.

Although a dozen Klingons were outfitted in STID's semi-throwback Klingon style (pierced ridged bridges and all), only two seem to have prominent speaking roles in the film, which required new prosthetic designs for ease of speaking. They sport armored helmets and familiar Klingon weapons, including a bayonet-like Klingon rifle, a pistol, and bat'leth.

Most curious of all: I'd swear one mannequin dressed in Harrison's garb also sported a Klingon rifle slung around its shoulders...
Quote:
Speaking with Alice Eve on the rooftop of Bad Robot, I was impressed when she directly quoted the Star Trek: TOS episode "Charlie X." (It precedes "Where No Man Has Gone Before," AKA the Gary Mitchell episode of ST: TOS.) In it, "Charlie X" is Charlie Evans, a young man the Enterprise rescues from his solitary life on the planet Thasus who has been given godlike powers.

"Charlie X" meets the Gary Mitchell storyline in the (non-canon) fan mini-series Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, which envisions an older, vengeful Charlie taking revenge on Kirk by going back in time to effectively kill him, creating an alternate timeline in which Mitchell has taken over the galaxy with the help of the alternate timeline version of another canon Trek character: Starfleet captain John Harriman.

Harriman... Harrison... Harriman... Harrison...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #679
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

The 10 minute preview has me sold. Holy crap that was fantastic. Screw the haters I loved every second!

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #680
Knerys

nevermiiiiiiiiiiiind
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #681
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

??? What's up with Knerys?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #682
Knerys

I'm trying to be....objective?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #683
Neverending
sex

Has it been leaked?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #684
Knerys

No. I made an unrelated comment and deleted it. I haven't seen anything.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #685
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

I really want to see the 9 minutes in front of the Hobbit. Is that only at IMAX theaters or is it at all 3D 48fps showings?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #686
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
I haven't seen anything.
The question still stands though. Does anyone have the link to the leaked footage?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #687
sshuttari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok Droppings View Post
I really want to see the 9 minutes in front of the Hobbit. Is that only at IMAX theaters or is it at all 3D 48fps showings?
It's in all IMAX 3D showing of Hobbit

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #688
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

OK, went to the IMAX showing of the Hobbit tonight and saw the ST2 preview footage. I have to say that it seemed like they really stepped it up with this one. I think this movie got the most buzz from everyone in the audience. People were oohing and ahhing after the trailer was done. Can't wait to see this.

Knerys - I know you're a die hard trek fan, as is my father and I used to be to an extent (always loved TOS over TNG - Picard took the "diplomatic roiute" far too often IMO}, I'll just say this - Berman ruined the franchise and I do believe it is making a strong comeback. I have a lot of faith again in the direction of the franchise. Orci and Kurtzman are what they are, but they can resurrect the franchise and then hopefully get some new people on board. Have faith, it's nowhere near Berman bad.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #689
Neverending
sex

Tell us about the footage.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #690
sshuttari

It starts with a couple waking up and heading to the hospital somewhere in England looks like Futuristic London.

In the hospital looks like a doctor gives them bad news. But we don't hear what is being said.

Shot of a girl in a hospital bed sleeping... Parents look heart broken. The father gets some air in the balcony. That's when cumberbach's character comes and tells the father he can save her.

Next scene takes place on a different planet with Kirk and Mckoy running from a an alien species they look a tribal people. The effects and details look beautiful

Think Avatar level where it actually looks like an alien planet. We learn Spock has to be go into a volcano and stop it from exploding or else the planet is in danger.

Spocks harness breaks and they can't get him anymore. Spock turns on a device and left to die.

Shot of Cunberbach threatening Kirk and the crew. You see destruction and devastation.

Cunberbach says "you think you know fear" you see Kirk watching his ship in bad shape as his crew is dieing.

The ship crashes into a lake or ocean? The title is shown

Quote:

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #691
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

To expand on what Sshuttari said concerning Spock - he's being lowered into an active and about to erupt volcano to set off a device that will prevent it from erupting and wiping out the inhabitants of the class M planet. Sulu and Uhura are piloting the shuttle that is lowering Spock into the volcano via a cable (it is explained that the volcano's activity is putting off strong magnetic fields that are preventing them from beaming in and out so they have to go in manually). Spock is in a special protective suit but the volcano's heat is tearing apart the shuttle. While lowering Spock, the cable breaks leaving him stranded as the shuttle has to fly out or be destroyed. Spock lands on a rock mass and regains himself and starts to put up the device to stop the volcano.

Meanwhile, Kirk and Bones had been among the natives undercover but somehow their cover had been blown and now they were running away while being chased and shot at with arrows and spears. They come to a cliff and jump off into the water where the Enterprise has been hiding to observe the race but not blow their cover. They swim down and enter the Enterprise and learn that Spock is stuck in this volcano that is about to kill him. He tells them to leave as the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. They can't beam him up due to the interference and Kirk is left trying to figure out what to do as Spock prepares to die.

We then cut to the rest of the trailer as it has Cumberpatch's voice and we see the footage we've seen before in the other trailer.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #692
Knerys

No offense to any of you but I don't think a 9 minute prologue is going to tell me much about the quality of Trek this is. It's there to generate interest. Which it seems to be doing in droves.

Also the signs are not pointing to the Hobbit as being a movie worth seeing in the theater (for me anyway). Movies are $14 here. IMAX is $20. That's a weeks worth of food for me. I don't think I'll be seeing this.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #693
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

The Hobbit was good - the trailer looked fantastic and there is reason to be happy for Star Trek fans.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #694
EdReedFan20
Director

We should be getting the full teaser today. The teaser of this teaser (which seemed pretty long for a teaser teaser) mentioned to watch the Teaser on December 17 through iTunes. I wonder when we'll actually get the full trailer and not a teaser (or a teaser teaser).
EdReedFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #695
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

What.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #696
Neverending
sex

We're getting a longer trailer in like 25 minutes, JBond.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #697
JBond
Beyond

I know. I was just poking fun at how often "teaser" was mentioned.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #698
JBond
Beyond

Did you mean literally 20 minutes? Is it out now?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #699
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

It's an hour later... Is it out, now?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #700
Neverending
sex

Trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: