The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Your own damn ****? I don't follow.

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #27
Neverending
sex

Nothing surprises me anymore. That's what's depressing about the world we live in. Columbine was 13 years ago. You'd think gun control laws would have changed by now.
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

How evil do you have to be to kill kindergarten kids?
IanTheCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #29
shained
Y.N.W.A

Send a message via MSN to shained

From a complete outside point of view from a country that doesn't allow guns. It genuinely shocks me how many of these massacres continue too happen while nothing changes in respect to the ease these guns are available.

Couldn't even imagine putting myself in those families shoes. Truly shocking.

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone

Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #30
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
A lot of people are missing the point of this, and are turning this into a gun debate. Nothing is more selfish than worrying about your own damn **** when a 18 5-10 year old children were just executed.
We have a horrific school shooting on our hands this morning, not to mention a history of that story of evil in the United States. How can this NOT become a gun debate? And I hardly see how wanting to discuss this issue can be "selfish," especially when finding a sane solution to it could prevent these types of tragedies in the future. How is that selfish, dude?

Or, were you referring to the people who do the whole "DER COMIN' TO TAKE MY GUNS!!" thing? Because if you were, I agree: **** those people.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #31
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Your own damn ****? I don't follow.

People are more worried about the government taking away their firearms than the lives taken today. That's all I was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
We have a horrific school shooting on our hands this morning, not to mention a history of that story of evil in the United States. How can this NOT become a gun debate? And I hardly see how wanting to discuss this issue can be "selfish," especially when finding a sane solution to it could prevent these types of tragedies in the future. How is that selfish, dude?

Or, were you referring to the people who do the whole "DER COMIN' TO TAKE MY GUNS!!" thing? Because if you were, I agree: **** those people.

I say this off the basis of a Facebook status I saw. I'm paraphrasing, but I am not making it up.

"What happened today was absolutely horrible and a disgusting act, what's made even worse is the media using this as a way of taking away our firearms. If anything we need to stock up..."

I'm not even kidding. That bothered me so damn much.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #32
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
"What happened today was absolutely horrible and a disgusting act, what's made even worse is the media using this as a way of taking away our firearms. If anything we need to stock up..."

I'm not even kidding. That bothered me so damn much.
I'd be pretty pissed too. My question for these people: if the Government was to come to take your guns in a hostile way (since they're being paranoid, they always expect some kind of "battle" to take them), what realistic chance would they have? Would me having a Glock tucked behind the waistband of my pants really help me vs. an F-15, or an M1 Abrams tank rolling down the street? Are we really one missing handgun away from the jackboots coming in, like in these crazy fantasies? The entire scenario just oozes delusional-paranoia.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
MasterChief117
The Batman

I honestly do not see the point of civilians carrying assault rifles. And this want to divulge into the fantasy that "Obama is coming to take your guns" so you have a reason to fight the government with your arsenal is a joke. It's pretty sad when people would rather have firearms than the lives lost. Meh. It is what it is. I'm wasting my breath.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Justin
Executive Loser

All right. I sort of convinced myself to stay out of this thread because of the inevitability of a heated argument, but I don't think I can. This will be my one and only comment in this thread. Even thinking of this atrocity brings tears to my eyes. What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary should never have happened. It seems like this might be the "wake-up call" we needed. Somehow almost everyone in the United States has an extremely short memory. A massacre just happened at a theater. When will this become a serious topic of conversation that lasts longer than two weeks?

Let me say one thing: there is something seriously wrong with our country. Take a look at the gun violence in Europe and Asia; there's hardly any. We should be asking ourselves what they're doing right. Our "culture" is so ****ing obsessed with guns, violence, and the news that makes celebrities out of these psychotic people. I simply do not understand it. Instead of being so egotistical and shouting about our rights and how much better we are than the other countries, we should start looking to others for answers. We obviously don't have the answer.

Last edited by Justin; 12-14-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #35
MasterChief117
The Batman

Agreed. I just was thinking about my baby cousin. He's 5, a beautiful boy with a bright smile ,goofy and a great laugh. He calls me Batman all the time. I just think about him, and I'm like, how...How could someone honestly want to take his life? Execution style. A child? It just hurts my head to even comprehend.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #36
Knerys

There was a stabbing incident at a school in China today where 22 people, including children, were injured. There is still violence, maybe not gun violence, but violence none the less.

Yes, there is something wrong here. With the way we handle the fringe, with who we allow to be armed and with what. But I don't think it is a simple matter of them getting it right and us getting it wrong.

Last edited by Knerys; 12-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #37
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

I have no evidence at all to back this up, but I do think that it's less of the fact that we have guns and more what we're promoting. We live in a society that glorifies violence and better yet makes celebrities out of those who commit these atrocities. We really do. We profile them on tv, we make movies about them, we compare the shootings to other ones. Guns are tools, that's all. They prevent many, many more crimes than they are used in committing in the US each year. Millions more. Literally millions. They are and can be abused, certainly, but I think we should rethink our whole approach rather than solely blaming guns. Like they say, are you going to blame the spoon for making you fat?
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

If a spoon gave you lethal diabetes where you died the same day, yes, I'd say "no more spoons and **** the people who like ice cream."

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
I have no evidence at all to back this up... They prevent many, many more crimes than they are used in committing in the US each year. Millions more. Literally millions. They are and can be abused, certainly, but I think we should rethink our whole approach rather than solely blaming guns.
yea exactly, you have no evidence at all. if you have nothing but conjecture and absolutely no factual basis for what you are saying... you should probably shut up.

if more guns kept you safe the united states would be the safest place in the world, but guess what, it isn't. just look at england, it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together, they banned guns, and they have the lowest intentional gun homicide rate in the world.

must be something in the water though, right?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 12-14-2012 at 11:53 PM.
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #40
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
must be something in the water though, right?
I blame the hippity-hop. And Marilyn Manson.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO

You can't prevent violence, nor can you prevent people from going crazy. You can, however, prevent people from getting their hands on shotguns and assault rifles. I think those kind of weaponry just make things easier when it comes to massacres. I'm shocked that it is so easy to get your hands on a rifle. In my country, I hardly touched them even when I was in the military.

And it's strange, but I agree with FranklinTard on this.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #42
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shained View Post
From a complete outside point of view from a country that doesn't allow guns. It genuinely shocks me how many of these massacres continue too happen while nothing changes in respect to the ease these guns are available.

Couldn't even imagine putting myself in those families shoes. Truly shocking.
I just had to sit through Morgan Piers as a group of right wing *******s tried to explain to Piers that tighter Gun Control is not going to help anyone. Also, that places like the UK have even worse gun violence now that you guys have a ban on guns. I ask; is this true? I ask because it just sounded absurd to me. It's why I'm asking...

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #43
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

There's a ban on guns in my country, and people can't even kill themselves with guns.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #44
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

Nahhh I don't think I'll shut up. In fact if you want to have some fun, go look up the number of crimes where guns are used. Then compare those to the number of crimes prevented by a legal and armed gun owner. That's where that 'millions' number comes into play. Get back to me on that.

Oh and it's weird how England's crime rate skyrocketed after their gun ban in the 90s. Say whaaaaat?? Only recently did it start to go down.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Can we at least agree that we don't need assault rifles in the hands of 20-year-old maniacs?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
Can we at least agree that we don't need assault rifles in the hands of 20-year-old maniacs?
No civilian should have one.

- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #47
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

...I've owned a Colt M4 Carbine for six years, now. And a Glock 9mm, although mostly everyone here already knows that.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #48
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
...I've owned a Colt M4 Carbine for six years, now. And a Glock 9mm, although mostly everyone here already knows that.
I suppose I see the point of a Glock 9mm, but why'd you need a Carbine?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #49
shained
Y.N.W.A

Send a message via MSN to shained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
Nahhh I don't think I'll shut up. In fact if you want to have some fun, go look up the number of crimes where guns are used. Then compare those to the number of crimes prevented by a legal and armed gun owner. That's where that 'millions' number comes into play. Get back to me on that.

Oh and it's weird how England's crime rate skyrocketed after their gun ban in the 90s. Say whaaaaat?? Only recently did it start to go down.
I would take millions more occurrences of "crime" I.e robberies/assault over the death of many people any day of the week.

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone

Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #50
Neverending
sex

- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011