The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #201
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

he kept repeating that he doesn't want people to know he is the one running the show, kept telling his brother they have to bring people around only if they know them, if they trust them. then that random comes up and says "you're nucky thompson!?!?" so he tosses it as it makes it easier for him to be noticed.

he wants to be the wizard now, behind the curtain, pulling the strings.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #202
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

...crap. That makes sense too. Now my whole logic goes out the window.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #203
carnage4u
The Bad Man

well, another theory doesn't make yours wrong

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #204
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I think Nucky will go back to being more of politician and less a gangster. But a war with AR will eventually happen. That should be truly the fight of the century on the show, ad if they do go to war I want to see the full gangster war this time.
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #205
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

is maggie schroeder signed on for next season? or was that the end of her story as well?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #206
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

What happen to bugsy Siegel? After the hit he vanished.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #207
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

well clearly you gotta lay low after you botch the hit.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #208
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
well clearly you gotta lay low after you botch the hit.
Well that's true. But he gotta show his face again sometime. After 3 seasons of lucky going to war he should just take it easy now and rebuild his army.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #209
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

A slow opener but a good start for season 4 with a couple of new interesting characters. I read that ratings were down a bit so I hope HBO doesn't pull the plug too early on Nucky and the gang. To me, this ranks as one of the best written TV shows with one of the best casts out there.
BrotherJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #210
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

the future is gonna be full of dead white women.

i like how they are setting up the bad guy in this. again getting a little too busy overall, need to focus on fewer characters, but i still like the ambition of the series.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #211
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
i like how they are setting up the bad guy in this.

I miss Gyp already, not liking the new baddie
Old 10-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #212
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Man, the show is really cranking it up. I thought Chalky was a goner for sure, the way it was foreshadowed with the song and him crying. Glad he made it. Next week we should get to see Capone get crazy which I am excited for too. Not the strongest season but it is getting good.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #213
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

Yea glad pernsley got killed, def thought chalky was dead. Kinda hate that Jim guy from the Fbi, his acting is atrocious.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #214
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

The season has been a bit of a slow burn, admittedly, but where I saw people on review sites complaining about that, I kept thinking "don't people know that BE knows how to pay off the slow/long game?" I mean, this isn't Walking Dead, where people keep hoping all he buildup leads to something grandiose, only to be let down later. That said, this last episode was one of the best of the entire series and shows that BE knows how to have much more staying power than other shows that lasted this long.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #215
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

so glad van alden is back. in all his psychotic glory.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #216
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Yep. Van Alden was badass for sure. Kind of let down that Capone hasn't really flown off the handle yet. I was expecting a much bigger take down of Obanion.

Even though Chalky made it out of last week's episode, I am not sure if he makes it out of the season.

I also wonder what is up with Rothstein. Seems like his character has a pulled a 180. Went from being super smart and careful to a guy with massive gambling issues and no money. I am willing to bet though that he has a plan going on in the background. I would not be a fan if his character just lost everything to gambling. There has to be more going on there.

And poor Mickey Doyle, he has no idea what is coming. After his attempts to hit on Nucky's new girl and his all around stupidity I just do not think he stands much of a chance to make it out of this season either. I like his character though so I will be pulling for him.

Overall a great episode.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #217
Daniel
Flawed Design

Don't forget Richard joining up with Nucky. That's gonna be awesome. It's too bad Eli is once again selling his brother out, though I'm sure he'll get the FBI agent in the end.

Peter from The Office Space is definitely up to something now as well.

The season definitely was a slow burner, but it is all unfolding into something nice.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #218
Mr. Black
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherJustin View Post
Yep. Van Alden was badass for sure. Kind of let down that Capone hasn't really flown off the handle yet. I was expecting a much bigger take down of Obanion.

Even though Chalky made it out of last week's episode, I am not sure if he makes it out of the season.

I also wonder what is up with Rothstein. Seems like his character has a pulled a 180. Went from being super smart and careful to a guy with massive gambling issues and no money. I am willing to bet though that he has a plan going on in the background. I would not be a fan if his character just lost everything to gambling. There has to be more going on there.

And poor Mickey Doyle, he has no idea what is coming. After his attempts to hit on Nucky's new girl and his all around stupidity I just do not think he stands much of a chance to make it out of this season either. I like his character though so I will be pulling for him.

Overall a great episode.
Nooo!!
They can't kill Omar!!!!!

Imo, BEST show on TV right now. Some call it slow, but I love every second of airtime.

I'm pretty sure Rothstein was killed for gambling debts, so they're probably just headed down that road.
Mickey's character is great at what he's there for: to make you hate him!

Last edited by Mr. Black; 11-06-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #219
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I'm pretty sure Rothstein was killed for gambling debts, so they're probably just headed down that road.
Ahhh I purposely did not read up on any of the real characters so that if they kept to their real life story line, it would come as some surprise. I know Capone's but that is it so everything else will be "new" to me.

I agree about Chalky. I like his character, my wife hates him though. After thinking about it some more I doubt they will kill him off but it would not shock me if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Don't forget Richard joining up with Nucky. That's gonna be awesome. It's too bad Eli is once again selling his brother out, though I'm sure he'll get the FBI agent in the end.
Don't know how I forgot to mention that. When he asked for a job I had the biggest grin on my face. Glad to see him coming back into the game and on Nucky's team. As far as Eli, I am not sure that he sold out Nucky just yet. I honestly am expecting him to turn his back on his son instead.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #220
Mr. Black
Executive Producer

Sorry, if that was spoiled for you, but I don't know if that's actually going to happen or not.
Figured since it was based on real people... I blacked out my earlier comment.

I believe the story goes that he was set up in a fixed poker game. I think this was already started with the poker game earlier this season. When Lansky beat the guy after

Last edited by Mr. Black; 11-06-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #221
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Sorry, if that was spoiled for you

No big deal. I expect to have some stuff spoiled as I browse the forums.

Interesting theory though on his demise and the earlier poker game and the following beating. Makes total sense now because I thought the build up to the guys beating was too much for it to just really go nowhere after. Having it comeback and bite Rothstein in the arse would be a good way to play it out.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #222
Dogbert0228
There and back again...

Send a message via Yahoo to Dogbert0228

'Boardwalk Empire' ascended to the same level as 'The Sopranos' for me after this season and that finale.

It may have already been there in my mind, but last night cemented it in my heart. Just GOD. I know that's not intelligent commentary or analysis, but MAN. Wow. Stuff happened and it it developed beautifully, was shot beautifully, and the writing was deep and organic and the characters and world just continue to get better. The show has a way of setting pieces in place without ever feeling contrived because the characters and emotion are so real. Season 1 was slow in places, but after 4 seasons I wouldn't discount a single thing on the show as not being worthwhile (except Gillian - she is worthless).

---The Dark Knight---

www.theboringthings.com
Dogbert0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #223
BrotherJustin
Executive Producer

Agreed Dog. Such an amazing show. I wish I was a little better at writing reviews to express how much Boardwalk Empire entertains me. The finale last night was unexpected, I did not realize it was the finale so everything happening was just shocking.

******SPOILERS*******

No idea how they are going to start off next year. So much is going to change.

Capone is taking charge, this should be interesting.

Chalky is going out for revenge big time, although probably after the wrong person.

Narcisse turning rat should be brilliant.

Eli catching a ride from Van Alden, I wonder if they team up under Capone or if the writers have something else up their sleeves.

Nucky is obviously not Cuba bound, I am willing to bet the whole Tampa scheme takes a backseat next season.

And sadly Richard, one of the BEST characters to grace our screens in the past decade or so, is gone. Richard's story was never going to have a happy ending. I realized this last season but seeing him go was utterly heart wrenching. I knew the vision of his wife and family was just that, a vision. The silent cut to him dead under the boardwalk made me tear up and his absnence is going to leave a very large hole in the Boardwalk story line. I should have seen his death coming though, with his sister saying he needed to account for his actions earlier this season, thinking back I feel stupid for not seeing it then.

Anyway, Walking Dead should keep me busy until Game of Thrones and then a little down time before Boardwalk Empire is back. Looking forward to season 5 and what all it is going to bring.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #224
Dogbert0228
There and back again...

Send a message via Yahoo to Dogbert0228

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherJustin View Post
Agreed Dog. Such an amazing show. I wish I was a little better at writing reviews to express how much Boardwalk Empire entertains me. The finale last night was unexpected, I did not realize it was the finale so everything happening was just shocking.

******SPOILERS*******

No idea how they are going to start off next year. So much is going to change.

Capone is taking charge, this should be interesting.

Chalky is going out for revenge big time, although probably after the wrong person.

Narcisse turning rat should be brilliant.

Eli catching a ride from Van Alden, I wonder if they team up under Capone or if the writers have something else up their sleeves.

Nucky is obviously not Cuba bound, I am willing to bet the whole Tampa scheme takes a backseat next season.

And sadly Richard, one of the BEST characters to grace our screens in the past decade or so, is gone. Richard's story was never going to have a happy ending. I realized this last season but seeing him go was utterly heart wrenching. I knew the vision of his wife and family was just that, a vision. The silent cut to him dead under the boardwalk made me tear up and his absnence is going to leave a very large hole in the Boardwalk story line. I should have seen his death coming though, with his sister saying he needed to account for his actions earlier this season, thinking back I feel stupid for not seeing it then.

Anyway, Walking Dead should keep me busy until Game of Thrones and then a little down time before Boardwalk Empire is back. Looking forward to season 5 and what all it is going to bring.
Yes, Richard Harrow was one of the best original TV characters (or supporting characters) of all-time.

---The Dark Knight---

www.theboringthings.com
Dogbert0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #225
Daniel
Flawed Design

One of the least talked about shows, yet likely the best one still running in the aftermath if Breaking Bad's end.

For once, I'm glad everything wasn't nearly tied up and we get a proper segue into the next season. I'd really like to see less of Gillian. I'm still not sure that whole storyline contributed much to the show overall, and I find her especially grating.

Obviously saddened about Richard. All he wanted was love and a family, and to see him finally wanting to leave the sniping life behind with one seemingly last job, only to have it go awry was a big bummer. Also not happy to see the Nucky-Chalky relationship to south, by I hope this ramps up the timeline on Narcisse's demise. He is one of the better villains to come around in television history, so part of me wants him to stick around, but I also want the bastard to bite a bullet.