The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Neverending
Ducks

Wink Catwoman Spin-off / Reboot / Catwoman Begins

http://movieline.com/2012/07/12/anne...-knight-rises/

Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises director heaped praise on actress Anne Hathaway ahead of the final Batman installment, which opens July 20th. He said Hathaway performed so well as the human-feline-vixen that she deserves her own spin-off movie. But that doesn't necessarily mean the British-born filmmaker will spearhead a Catwoman enterprise himself.

"Anne is incredibly precise and articulate about the psychology of the character. She's really built it from the ground up, it's just a delight to watch her perform," he said to Access Hollywood as reported via The Guardian. "The thing she does in those heels is not to be taken lightly. She's an incredible character and we're very excited to see her and hopefully we'll leave people wanting more." But as far as Gotham, Batman and the like are concerned, Nolan said he's ready to do something else. "I'm done. I've told our story and I'm moving on [but] I certainly think she deserves it she's incredible."

Anne Hathaway's character revises Michelle Pfeiffer's version from 1992's Batman Returns in which she plays Selina Kyle. The Dark Knight Rises is the third and final installment of Nolan's Batman series which opened in 2005 with Batman Begins. The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale as Batman as well as Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman. Newcomers include Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy as the villain Bane and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a Gotham policeman. The film takes place eight years after where The Dark Knight left off.
WB might be crazy enough to try it.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

well they did release The Green Lantern
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Nick1988
Executive Producer

If Hathaway does as good of a job as some people are saying, then yeah sure, but from all we know it might not be good enough to warrant what would be a pointless movie.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Neverending
Ducks

It could be a way for WB to continue the Nolan universe while figuring out what to do next with Batman.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
docstop
Hockey Legend

Hathaway did do an excellent job as Catwoman but, seriously, another Catwoman movie?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I'd rather see Nightwing movie and maybe have Gordan and Fox be done by Oldman and Freeman and maybe get Batgirl . Maybe Gordans daughter comes to Gothum and she like in the 60's show had her own gadgets and place.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Neverending
Ducks

Fascinating:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97737
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

They probably will. It really doesn't bother me; I don't have to see it.
IanTheCool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

This sure does sound familiar. The exact same sort of rumors and quotes were being thrown around after Batman Returns. WB wanted to do a Catwoman spin-off and Michelle Pfeifer was all for it.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Neverending
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
This sure does sound familiar. The exact same sort of rumors and quotes were being thrown around after Batman Returns. WB wanted to do a Catwoman spin-off and Michelle Pfeifer was all for it.
Daniel Waters wrote a script that was pretty terrible, so they never went ahead with the project. But the fact that they actually commissioned a script says a lot. So, it's possible it might happen again. It'll just come down to how strong the script is.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #11
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
Daniel Waters wrote a script that was pretty terrible, so they never went ahead with the project. But the fact that they actually commissioned a script says a lot. So, it's possible it might happen again. It'll just come down to how strong the script is.
A terrible script has never slowed WB down in the past. Just look at the Catwoman script that was ultimately used. Or Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, Superman Returns, Steel, Batman & Robin or LXG. Which productions do or do not make it into theaters from WB seems to be a matter of random chance rather than quality of screenplay.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #12
Deexan
Reflektor

As much as I enojed her take I'm not sure a whole film would be all that appealing, especially if Nolan wasn't involved which he has expressly stated he won't be.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Neverending
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
Just look at the Catwoman script that was ultimately used.
That was actually better than what Daniel Waters wrote. His script was about Selina Kyle ending up in a medical clinic and getting therapy. That's it. It was essentially a light-drama with a few action scenes thrown in. Not exactly tentpole blockbuster material.