The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #76
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

I don't think so. John "Robin" Blake can be a passable Batman in Gotham City, taking down drug dealers, pimps and other assorted street crime. He is in no position to be a member of the Justice League. The guy lacks the necessary training, education, experience and resources to be formidable enough to hold his own against the sorts of foes the League has to face.

Then again, this is Warner Bros. It's the sort of nonsense they consider to be a good idea.
Wyldstaar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #77
Neverending
sex

Assuming it's true.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #78
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division

Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801

I'm not saying anything on this until we get ACTUAL confirmation.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #79
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviebuff801 View Post
I'm not saying anything on this until we get ACTUAL confirmation.
How about an OFFICIAL DENIAL?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #80
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Yeah, a lot of stupid **** for this movie has been rumored around.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #81
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
Yeah, a lot of stupid **** for this movie has been rumored around.
That's all pretty much SOP these days. The studios intentionally leak a combo of disinformation and reality in order to continually stir up interest.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #82
Dhamon22
High Flying Bird

Send a message via AIM to Dhamon22

I wouldn't mind it.

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.com

@theredboxreport
Dhamon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #83
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #84
Neverending
sex

http://movieline.com/2012/12/03/aven...eid-vs-thanos/

Quote:
Warner Bros. 2015 Justice League movie may not have a director yet, but it looks like it has a villain. Latino Review is reporting that Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and their super colleagues will be throwing down against a major baddie, Darkseid from the subtly named planet, Apokolips, when the summer of 2015 rolls around.

If Darkseid, who was created by the legendary comic artist Jack Kirby, is indeed the villain who will be wreaking havoc in the DC movie universe, it's an interesting choice, given that Marvel plans to feature the villain Thanos in Avengers 2, which it plans to release that same summer.

Justice League's Darkseid vs. Avengers 2's Thanos

As Comic Book Legends Revealed points out, Thanos was "roughly based on Darkseid" (although the character's creator Jim Starlin didn't originally envision him as such.) The connection between the two characters could help ratchet up the competitive tension between the rival movies as release time grows closer. (It's only, like, years away.)

DC could also do some "our super-villain can kick your super-villain's ass" sassing based on IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All Time, in which Darkseid ranks sixth and Thanos is 47th.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #85
PG Cooper
Nixon's back, baby!

Certainly the most ogical choice, but that means the film will need to introduce the mythology of each character as well as the mythology of Darkseid and Apokolips.

CS! Record Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes). April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

AFI: Top 100 (98), Top 10 (Gangster, Science-Fiction).

Best Picture Nominees: 1953, 1962, 1976, 1985, 1989, 1997, 2000, 2003-2013.

Blog, letterboxd, twitter.
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #86
Neverending
sex

It can be done, but it will be tricky.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #87
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

If Darkseid is indeed the main villain of Justice League, comparisons and talk of copying will abound in the non-fanboy audience. Avengers II will be coming out in May 2015, although I doubt Justice League will actually be released as early as planned. The fact that Thanos is a Marvel knock-off of Darkseid will be irrelevant. They've already seen a glimpse of him in The Avengers, and he will likely be featured as a behind the scenes villain in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It can be made to work if the project is handed over to a skilled writer and a director who understands the source material. Since the studio is WB though, this seems unlikely to be the ultimate outcome.

Last edited by Wyldstaar; 12-05-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #88
docstop
Hockey Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
Certainly the most ogical choice, but that means the film will need to introduce the mythology of each character as well as the mythology of Darkseid and Apokolips.
For Superman, Batman and Green Lantern, they won't have to do much background.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #89
Neverending
sex

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97998

Last month, HitFix piqued the interest of Batman fans with the rumor that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would return to the big screen as his John Blake character from The Dark Knight Rises (having now assumed the Batman mantle) in Warner Bros.' upcoming Justice League. Although the rumor was immediately denied by the actor's representatives, Movieline today caught up Christopher Nolan and asked him about the possibility directly.

"I can't talk about that," Nolan told the site with what they describe as a "Cheshire smile," "You know that."

Although Nolan's comments don't really imply anything one way or another, it's a good bet that they'll still fuel a great deal of continued speculation about the future of DC Comics on the big screen. Nolan is now producing Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and Snyder himself recently told The New York Post that his take on the iconic character would "keep them on course" for a 2015 ensemble film.

At this time, however, the only solid fact about Justice League is that the studio is currently working from a script by Will Beall and aiming for a 2015 release.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
docstop
Hockey Legend

I can't see JGL as the Batman. I think it would make for some awesome continuity. Funny thing is I'm afraid of JGL's physical size being the problem but then again Michael Keating's Batman/Bruce Wayne is one of my all-time favs.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #91
Neverending
sex

Exclamation

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98020

Quote:
A few weeks ago, the rumor mill went crazy when it was 'revealed' that Darkseid would be the villain in the upcoming Justice League film. This was never confirmed by the studio and has since stayed a questionable rumor. Today, the same source of the Darkseid rumor, Latino Review, alleges that the film's script by Will Beal will be specifically based on three issues of the Justice League of America comic.

Released in 1980, issues 183-185 were written by Gerry Conway and drawn by George Perez. In the comic, Darkseid is planning to destroy Earth and put his home planet of Apokolips in its place. The story not only contains the Justice League of America but also the Justice Society of America from Earth-2, as the two teams were planning to meet up when Darkseid initiated his plan.

Again, treat this strictly as a rumor for now because not much is currently known about the upcoming film. No director is attached to the project and it remains to be seen if 2011's Green Lantern or next year's Man of Steel will tie into the film, though Zack Snyder recently said that his take on the iconic character would "keep them on course" for a 2015 ensemble film.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #92
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

so would that mean there will be subtle hints to darkseid in the man of steel flick? like avengers hints in the other marvel films... if so... that would be pretty cool.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #93
Neverending
sex

I think it just means that, unlike Nolan's Batman, Snyder's Superman can be used in a team-up film.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I thouht Snyder said his Superman is in its on world like Nolans Batman was.
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #95
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Since even in the comics Superman has always been the first superhero to appear in the DC Universe, it's pretty easy to use him as a starting off point, even if that wasn't the original intent.

With WB too averse to using anything that any Marvel film has done successfully in the past, I don't expect to see any post-credits scene inserted into the final print of Man of Steel to set up Justice League. Maybe they'll just re-shoot or tweak the final scene to include some kind of indication that other capes have popped up in the wake of Superman. Jimmy Olsen is surfing the net at the Daily Planet, and he comes across a series of YouTube clips- some guy dressed as a bat beating up a mugger that's been shot with a smartphone, a red blur disarming a bunch of bank robbers on some security footage, stuff like that.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #96
Deexan
Reflektor

If anyone in the film so much as makes a vague reference to Gotham or Batman, Geekdom will go crazy. Myself included.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #97
Knerys

This is all....fascinating. And ambitious. Darkseid, from a comic point of view, makes perfect sense. Though he might be a little vague for the uninitiated.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #98
Deexan
Reflektor

But we are initiated, aren't we Mel?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #99
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Again I thought Snyder and Nolan said Superman is the only hero in his universe?
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #100
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince View Post
Again I thought Snyder and Nolan said Superman is the only hero in his universe?
Again, since even in the comics Superman has always been the first superhero to appear in the DC Universe, it's pretty easy to use him as a starting off point, even if that wasn't the original intent. The original comics didn't feature any of the characters co-existing in the same universe. The first meeting of Superman and Batman didn't take place until Superman #76.

Last edited by Wyldstaar; 12-15-2012 at 01:02 AM.