The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Movies Coming Soon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #526
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,503
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

New poster:


__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #527
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 32,623
Default

*cough*batman*cough*
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #528
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,503
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

I think it looks bad ass.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #529
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 70,280
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
*cough*batman*cough*
Uh, did Batman use negative space from building ruins and fire to make their logo? DIDN'T THINK SO!

Besides, Star Trek movies are notorious for taking place in terrestial cities, so it's very fitting.

(I was going to write a third comment, but my sarcasm chip overloaded )
__________________
The due date for Round 151 of the CS Film Club is Monday, April 7th, 2014.

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #530
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 70,280
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Oh for ****'s sake, he has a cape. This has to be a fan poster.
__________________
The due date for Round 151 of the CS Film Club is Monday, April 7th, 2014.

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #531
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 32,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
I think it looks bad ass.
Ignore me. I'm just bitter. :p
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #532
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 70,280
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Don't apologize!

That poster is a joke and instead of all of us people who call ourselves film fans saying that, a lot of you are instead going to say I'm overreacting and lashing out against Star Trek again because I'm some sort of Star Trek purist or something.

It's ridiculous. And if you like it, you're wrong.
__________________
The due date for Round 151 of the CS Film Club is Monday, April 7th, 2014.

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #533
Deexan
Yes, have some.
 
Deexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: High-voltage laser containment system
Posts: 11,549
Default

I like it, mainly because I can make out the Gherkin.

__________________
I'm not alone. I'll never be.
And to the bone, I'm evergreen.
And if you want to see me cry,
play Let It Be or Nevermind.
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #534
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer
 
Wyldstaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
I think it looks bad ass.
It looks like a bad ass Batman poster, though.

Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #535
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,503
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
Ignore me. I'm just bitter. :p
Understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Don't apologize!

That poster is a joke and instead of all of us people who call ourselves film fans saying that, a lot of you are instead going to say I'm overreacting and lashing out against Star Trek again because I'm some sort of Star Trek purist or something.

It's ridiculous. And if you like it, you're wrong.

I'm a big Star Trek fan. I like it. I think it has a 'cool' factor, however it lacks the imagination, exploration and hope that Star Trek is REALLY about. I think you might be overreacting a TAD but I understand where you're coming from. JJ's Star Trek is a lot looser in meaning but then again, it had to be. The Star Trek we know and love was not working...so now this **** is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
It looks like a bad ass Batman poster, though.


Exactly.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #536
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 32,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Don't apologize!

That poster is a joke and instead of all of us people who call ourselves film fans saying that, a lot of you are instead going to say I'm overreacting and lashing out against Star Trek again because I'm some sort of Star Trek purist or something.

It's ridiculous. And if you like it, you're wrong.
I'm not apologizing. I'm being super and flippantly sarcastic. It's like they are incapable of an oringal thought (and no comments on everything is copied these days. There a difference between atheistic similairities and outright stealing).
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #537
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!
 
sshuttari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 11,745
Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari
Default

So does this mean Kirk saves the planet from a doomsday device? San Francisco will be in ruins
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
Dark Knights Rises has its problems but its not garbage. **** like Scary Movie is garbage. Cheaply made with little artistic merit.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #538
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 21,161
Default

Even people who enjoy J.J. Abrams can't defend that poster.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #539
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division
 
MovieBuff801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Walter's Lab
Posts: 11,780
Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801
Default

As always with this movie, nothing positive from the majority, but...yeah, what a ripoff.
__________________
AFI Top 100 Movies (1998) Seen: 91 out of 100
MovieBuff801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #540
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 21,161
Default

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97655

Quote:
wow..amazing .....great poster !!!
Quote:
Great poster, brave to not have it focusing on crew/characters. Emphasis the importance of Cumberpatchs part, and also Starfleet logo.
Quote:
References to terrorists and 9/11 abound.
Quote:
this movie has moments that take place in LONDON?
Quote:
I bet anything that this is Gary Mitchell from the TOS episode "where no man has gone before"....
Quote:
I'm thinking the following....
-Gary Mitchell (becomes like a dr.manhattan gone mad)
-Carol Marcus (Alice Eve will play her)
-London...Mitchell will be British and the destruction will be on a global level.
-The attack will kill Pike and that is what drives Kirk to avenge his and other deaths, while trying to stop a universal threat..it could even kill Kirk's mom.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #541
MovieBuff801
Fringe Division
 
MovieBuff801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Walter's Lab
Posts: 11,780
Send a message via AIM to MovieBuff801
Default

Yeah...I meant the majority on this board.
__________________
AFI Top 100 Movies (1998) Seen: 91 out of 100
MovieBuff801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #542
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 21,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviebuff801 View Post
Yeah...I meant the majority on this board.
The grass is greener on the other side.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #543
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 70,280
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

The grass is dumber on the other side.
__________________
The due date for Round 151 of the CS Film Club is Monday, April 7th, 2014.

59 out of 64 Hugo Award winners completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
What are you trying to prove exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I have no idea.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #544
Deexan
Yes, have some.
 
Deexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: High-voltage laser containment system
Posts: 11,549
Default

And Neverending wants those individuals' comments to link directly to the forums.... Madness!
__________________
I'm not alone. I'll never be.
And to the bone, I'm evergreen.
And if you want to see me cry,
play Let It Be or Nevermind.
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #545
Angelixx
.
 
Angelixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 20,396
Default

Why does it look more like a Sherlock Season 3 poster than a Star Trek one?
__________________
Yeah, I've got nothing witty...
Angelixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #546
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain
 
Ewok Droppings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alpha Quadrant
Posts: 14,844
Default

Don't really care - I'm still stoked for this.
__________________
The flat Earth myth is one of the greatest errors in modern history.
Ewok Droppings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #547
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
The grass is dumber on the other side.
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #548
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 21,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelixx View Post
Why does it look more like a Sherlock Season 3 poster than a Star Trek one?
Because..... Sherlock is in it?
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #549
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 21,161
Default

CS POLL

How would you rate the new poster for Star Trek Into Darkness?

10 out of 10 29.0%
9 out of 10 22.6%
8 out of 10 19.4%
0 out of 10 9.7%
5 out of 10 6.5%
6 out of 10 3.2%
7 out of 10 3.2%
3 out of 10 3.2%
1 out of 10 3.2%
4 out of 10 0.0%
2 out of 10 0.0%

Total votes: 31
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #550
Justin
Executive Loser
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,860
Default

10/10...really?
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Contact Us - ComingSoon.net - Superhero Hype! - Shock Till You Drop - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ComingSoon.net is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © All Rights Reserved.