The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 10-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #151
New GL of sector 2814
Executive Producer

Care to share in a message please?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #152
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

You may wanna read this:

http://m.deadline.com/2012/11/cw-war...ect-meet-iris/
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #153
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Ducard View Post
One of these days, WB is finally going to figure out how to learn from their mistakes. Some woman named Iris at Wonder Woman? Did they learn nothing from the Patience Price version of Catwoman? Apparently not, if this is to be believed. Considering the long string of terrible decisions regarding DC characters that WB has made since they purchased the company, it's par for the course.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #154
Ayemef
Executive Producer

well, all good except for name change to "Iris"

Smallville worked because it was an origin story of Clark as a teenager and young adult growing up and adapting to his abilities for the first time, so omitting the name Superman from the show made every bit of sense, but he was still Clark Kent, Lois Lane was still Lois Lane, Luthor still Luthor, Metropolis still Metropolis and Smallville still Smallville, etc. etc. etc.

Arrow just got lucky it's a damn good show with great fighting choreography and story telling but they're still riding on thin ice with changing Star City to Starling City and how they're blatantly afraid of name dropping ANYTHING or ANYONE on the show, Oliver still doesn't have the name Green Arrow (and may only adopt the name Arrow at best, should they ever decide to give him a monicor), none of the villains thus far have been named either, and changing Dinah to Laurel

but now Iris? It's almost as if WB is afraid to use actual names from the comics on their live action tv shows, at least recently starting with Arrow

but who knows, it could be a good show regardless but this phobia or "fear of names" that WB has developed has to got stop, as there's no real logically legit reason for any of it, whatsoever

Official Website for Tha Next Chapter
where you can purchase albums, singles, merchandise
and download all of our current FREE Mixtapes ! ! !

Also, Don't Forget to BOOKMARK US!
Ayemef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #155
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

One would think the titles Green Arrow, Superman and Wonder Woman would be enough to market said show.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #156
Ayemef
Executive Producer

you would think

but apparently, WB seems to think the opposite when it comes to television

Official Website for Tha Next Chapter
where you can purchase albums, singles, merchandise
and download all of our current FREE Mixtapes ! ! !

Also, Don't Forget to BOOKMARK US!
Ayemef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #157
Neverending
sex

They want to make the shows seem less geeky.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #158
flottanna
Executive Producer

IDK about this anymore a Wonder Woman Show without Diana? I mean come one.
flottanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #159
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Wonder Woman Series Still In Development At CW

The troubled Wonder Woman TV show is still in development at the CW.

The series, entitled Amazon, has had a very tough time making it to the small screen. However, the CW is apparently still trying to get the show off the ground.

Although the pilot didn’t go to series back in January, CW President Mark Pedowitz has assured fans that the network is still committed to producing a quality Wonder Woman drama.

“Oh God yes. It’s being redeveloped. We don’t want to produce something that doesn’t do the franchise justice. It’s the trickiest of all the DC characters,” he explained to Entertainment Weekly.

Pedowitz explained that all of the elements for a proper Wonder Woman drama were in the pilot recently presented to the CW. However, the network president didn’t feel that the execution wasn’t up to par. As a result, the show is headed back to the proverbial drawing board.

The CW has enjoyed plenty of success with the superhero-themed drama Arrow. Pedowitz is no doubt hoping the network’s Wonder Woman project will strike the same chord with viewers when and if it finally makes it debut. No word yet when Amazon might premiere.

Although the Wonder Woman TV show starring Lynda Carter was wildly successful during the 70s, the character has experienced some serious setbacks in recent years.

Before the CW got involved with the project, Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley tried his hand at an adaptation. Although the series made process, the plug was pulled before it ever found its way onto television.

Kelley told The Hollywood Reporter last January that Wonder Woman is still “viable” for audiences. However, he did admit to making a few mistakes with his own attempt.

“My only regret is we were never given a chance to correct them. We had a lot that was right about it and a great cast. In time, we could have fixed what we had done wrong, we just didn’t get that chance,” he explained.
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #160
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Last edited by Wyldstaar; 08-15-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #161
flyersfan92
Boom Operator

megan fox or Olivia Wilde need to play wonder woman .
flyersfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #162
docstop
Hockey Legend

Fox or Wilde? I was hoping they'd cast an actress who can actually act.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #163
Fanible
FanFreakinTastic

Send a message via AIM to Fanible

Olivia Wilde can't act? What?

I don't think she's right for Wonder Woman, but she's one of my favorite actresses in Hollywood right now.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #164
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

WB already cast Megan Fox in that awful excuse for a Jonah Hex movie. She's not getting another shot. I expect her to start appearing in movies from The Asylum before long.

It doesn't seem as though WB is all that interested in taking chances with DC properties anymore. While Marvel Studios announced their solid plans for the future with Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2 and 3 and Ant-Man, with tentative plans for Doctor Strange, all WB can muster is a sure thing with Superman/Batman with vague unofficial mentions of The Flash and JLA to follow.

At this point, I don't expect WB to be willing to do a Wonder Woman movie until Marvel Studios demonstrates that a female superhero solo film can be done successfully. Since Marvel Studios' plans regarding heroine solo films is still unknown, we won't be seeing our favorite Amazon on the silver screen anytime in the next few years. Now that CW has shelved their Wonder Woman TV show, it doesn't look like she'll be appearing in her own series either.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #165
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
WB already cast Megan Fox in that awful excuse for a Jonah Hex movie. She's not getting another shot. I expect her to start appearing in movies from The Asylum before long.
She's April O'Neil in the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles movie.

Quote:
It doesn't seem as though WB is all that interested in taking chances with DC properties anymore.
The TV department is taking care of it. We're getting a Flash series next year and Wonder Woman is in the works. Arrow is serving as the launchpad for all of this.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #166
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Well, it looks like Wonder Woman as a solo project on both the small and big screen isn't happening any time soon. The once planned CW series Amazon "is on pause" according to to CW exec Mark Pedowitz. Now James Tucker, the supervising producer of DC animation has stated that "We’ll probably do a Wonder Woman-centered Justice League movie. We’ll use the Justice League as an umbrella to focus on characters who might not be able to support DVDs of their own. That’s not my judgment, that’s based on sales."

By "based on sales", I suspect Tucker is referring to the animated Wonder Woman feature from 2009. This was a direct-to-video movie which received no marketing worth speaking of, so the only people who knew it even existed were fanboys.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #167
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27647.html

Well, the CW Amazon series has moved from "on pause" to dead. No great loss.