The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #501
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Is he still ranting on about a post I made like three pages ago? Haha.

Some girl I know posted multiple Tweets/Statuses about The Walking Dead and how she is 'absolutely obsessed', yet has never read a single page of the comics. That to me, is completely mind blending. HOW!? That's like...watching Star Trek 11 and being obsessed but NEVER watching The Next Generation or something of that nature.

Sometimes I'm like:

"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #502
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

So, anyway. Thoughts on the finale? Left on a bit of a cliffhanger which was completely ruined by the "in the next episode" preview, lol. We see Darryl alive and kicking, and then there was a line where Glenn says "What is HE doing here, which can only mean Merryl takes their side and helps his brother and Rick's camp."

To be honest, I had 15 minutes to get through this episode and found it pretty easy to just fast-forward through most of it. I'm glad Michonne took the governor's eye, but, it would have been nice to have him rape and torture her (I know that sounds messed up, but, that's how it went in the comics), then for her to take his arm, scoop out the eyeball with a spoon and do the other gruesome stuff she did in the comics. I guess network television can't take it that far, and it would be hard filming the Governor with one arm, so, I'm OK with them taking that liberty (see? I can be reasonable).

I was glad to see that the dude from The Wire is in the prison - I wonder if he will end up being Tyrese. If so, I need to go back and make a few spoiler tags.

All in all a decent conclusion to the first half of the season, and I guess about as much as one could hope for in a loose adaptation. I'm guessing the second half of the season will focus on the fortifying of the prison, followed by the battle at the prison, resulting in massive casualties.

Decent, but still nowhere near as enjoyable, for me, as Boardwalk Empire or Dexter this season.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #503
Ayemef
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
No sweat off your nut sac, huh? If that were true, you wouldn't be trying so damn hard to get him to agree with you.

If anything, you're coming off ignorant and if it keeps going on, a little pathetic. Just watch the show how you want.
that's from your POV bro

I was merely trying to stress my point and the bold, pretty much the jist of my last post

so there you go

Official Website for Tha Next Chapter
where you can purchase albums, singles, merchandise
and download all of our current FREE Mixtapes ! ! !

Also, Don't Forget to BOOKMARK US!
Ayemef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #504
MasterChief117
The Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
So, anyway. Thoughts on the finale? Left on a bit of a cliffhanger which was completely ruined by the "in the next episode" preview, lol. We see Darryl alive and kicking, and then there was a line where Glenn says "What is HE doing here, which can only mean Merryl takes their side and helps his brother and Rick's camp."

To be honest, I had 15 minutes to get through this episode and found it pretty easy to just fast-forward through most of it. I'm glad Michonne took the governor's eye, but, it would have been nice to have him rape and torture her (I know that sounds messed up, but, that's how it went in the comics), then for her to take his arm, scoop out the eyeball with a spoon and do the other gruesome stuff she did in the comics. I guess network television can't take it that far, and it would be hard filming the Governor with one arm, so, I'm OK with them taking that liberty (see? I can be reasonable).

I was glad to see that the dude from The Wire is in the prison - I wonder if he will end up being Tyrese. If so, I need to go back and make a few spoiler tags.

All in all a decent conclusion to the first half of the season, and I guess about as much as one could hope for in a loose adaptation. I'm guessing the second half of the season will focus on the fortifying of the prison, followed by the battle at the prison, resulting in massive casualties.

Decent, but still nowhere near as enjoyable, for me, as Boardwalk Empire or Dexter this season.

The guy that played Cutty in The Wire is in fact Tyreese.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #505
carnage4u
The Bad Man

pretty good finale. (as far as "next on" previous, I found I enjoy all show smore by avoiding them) so don't really get spoiled on stuff.

As soon as Tyresse joins the, them killing off the other black guy was a little odd, as they did the same thing to T-Dog, when that guy joined.

Looking forward to watching the rest of the season in a couple months.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #506
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

i love how they are based in atlanta but they only have like 2 black people in the entire show.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #507
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

And they keep it that way too, notice they introduce Tyresse and kill off the CON? Carnage was right. Maybe they have a cap? lol.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #508
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

Send a message via AIM to Seakazoo

Sorry y'all, but we can only have one black male character at a time.

When I heard the one female character call him "Tyrese" I knew thousands of nerds everywhere were all kinds of giddy.

I enjoyed the half season finale. I think Penny was the last thing keeping the governor from going bonkers, so now I think/hope we get to see him as "the bad guy" that everyone wants him to be.

I think the only thing keeping us from the governor either excecuting or setting up a Meryl vs Daryl gladiator style fight will be Andrea causing some sort of distraction so the three of them can get away and get back to the prison, but I think she might still be too starry-eyed for the governor that we might not get that sort of reaction from her.

I look forward to the rest of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
i love how they are based in atlanta but they only have like 2 black people in the entire show.
Also, no one sounds like Paula Deen. WTF!

https://twitter.com/seakazoo My Twitter
https://twitter.com/piratejim2 My cat's Twitter
Seakazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #509
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Is it just me or does anyone else want Andrea to stay on the Governor's side so she can die in the prison assault?

I absolutely hated her character last season, and now I hate her even more. She's run her course, in my opinion.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #510
Daniel
Flawed Design

Well, I'd like to see Andrea remain, if only so she can fill the role she does in the comic stories.

It's a shame there has been no mention or sign of Lily, though.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #511
Ayemef
Executive Producer

take away one of the three pieces of eye candy on the show?

not a snowball's chance

Andrea needs to stay

Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #512
MasterChief117
The Batman

*sigh* This show is something else.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #513
Deexan
Yes, have some.

Loved the halfway finale.

Did anyone else expect Carl to find Carol and that dude with the handlebar moustache banging when he went to see what those noises were?
play Let It Be or Nevermind.
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #514
Ayemef
Executive Producer

not really seeing as the screams were clearly screams of horror and not pleasure

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #515
Deexan
Yes, have some.

It's a fine line.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #516
MasterChief117
The Batman

Maybe she really liked the handlebar stache? Who knows.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #517
movieloves
Grip

The half season finale was the great. The wait til the next episode will be brutal though!
movieloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #518
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

more differences of opinions about the shows future? another showrunner gets the boot?

is anyone else nervous?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #519
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

I hear when it comes back, they're airing it twice, once in color and again on Thursdays in black & white to mimic the comic.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #520
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
more differences of opinions about the shows future? another showrunner gets the boot?

is anyone else nervous?
I'm really, really disappointed that Glen Mazzara got fired. From what I understand he is being blamed for the slow pacing for the second half of the second season. I thought they conveniently stayed at the farm so long because the show wasn't getting the money to go to new locations. I have a bad feeling about the direction of the show now.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #521
carnage4u
The Bad Man

The first half of season 2 was very poorly paced. I found the 2nd half of season 2 and all of this season so far very enjoyable.

I'm sad to see him go, but time will tell how the show is affected.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #522
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

I'm cautiously optimistic. The show is pretty well paced right now with overlapping storylines. I'm curious to see who will be brought in to replace him.

carnage4u, I definitely agree that this season has been great, but the second half of the second season was "sophia's dead, walkers in the barn, all hell breaks loose" in a matter of a few episodes. Slow paced isn't the right word for the second half of the second season, but it feels like too much plot shoved into too few episodes.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #523
Deexan
Yes, have some.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #524
Daniel
Flawed Design

You mean an eye for a hand? But, they already said they won't take Rick's hand.

Last edited by Fanible; 01-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #525
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

hey look this guy read the comics.