The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #209776
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet
 
Brock Landers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 27,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg124 View Post
wow it has been so long since i've logged in!
dude!
__________________
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #209777
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 32,982
Default

You live!! Where have you been??
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #209778
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,359
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
Powerball tickets are sold in 42 states, the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands.
I fraken HATE Hawaii...


Quote:
Originally Posted by cg124 View Post
Wow it has been so long since I've logged in!
Whenever someone disappears for long periods of time, I always wonder if they're off living their lives or dead. Somehow I always arrive at dead. Morbid, I know, lol. Anyways, welcome back to the realm of the living CG, where've ya been?
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #209779
Frizzo the Clown
Awesome
 
Frizzo the Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 36,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I fraken HATE Hawaii...



Whenever someone disappears for long periods of time, I always wonder if they're off living their lives or dead. Somehow I always arrive at dead. Morbid, I know, lol. Anyways, welcome back to the realm of the living CG, where've ya been?
Then, there are those of us that are still here, don't have a life, and wish we were dead.
Frizzo the Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #209780
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzo the Clown View Post
Then, there are those of us that are still here, don't have a life, and wish we were dead.
It does surprise me how many people have remained at CS. This upcoming year is my 10th anniversary at the site and ALMOST all of our current members were posting back then. But of course, we've lost a good 50 or 100 people over the past decade. We don't gain members. We just lose them. That's why it's amusing when someone returns. They're greeted by familiar names. You couldn't do that at SHH. Every few years a new batch of people sign-up. This year is my 10th at SHH (I joined cause of the first Spider-Man) and there's only a handful of people left from that era. Then again, they tend to alienate and ban a lot of people over there. That's what separates CS, I think. You guys are very down-to-Earth and forgiving. Someone like RedVader manages to stick around for 8 years while at SHH he only lasted 8 minutes.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #209781
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 71,053
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I fraken HATE Hawaii...
Yeah, it's too bad you're way over there. Us here in the states are winning the jackpot every day.
__________________
The due date for Round 155 of the CS Film Club is Monday, July 28th, 2014.

60 out of 65 Hugo Award winners completed.
JBond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #209782
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet
 
Brock Landers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 27,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
It does surprise me how many people have remained at CS. This upcoming year is my 10th anniversary at the site and ALMOST all of our current members were posting back then.
Same here. I posted on CS! for years, disappeared for about two years and then came back and it's like nothing has changed. Most of the old gang is still here. It's like comforting internet Alzheimer's.
__________________
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #209783
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer
 
Wyldstaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
We don't gain members. We just lose them.
Oh, come on. Aside from my joining almost a year ago, we get five or ten new spambots who join every day! We feel so neglected...
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #209784
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
I disappeared for about two years and then came back and it's like nothing has changed.
The only noticable change is the forum activity. I've never disappeared, but there's been periods where I barely posted. And when I got into full-time member mode again, the first thing I noticed was how slow the site had gotten. That was even true in our "prime years." I remember in the summer of 2005, I returned after missing-in-action for a few months and I could immediately tell how much CS was affected by the conclusion of the LOTR trilogy. Most of that crowd was gone by then, except for the few that wanted to discuss King Kong. And when that film was released, and underwhelmed, everyone left except for Tolkien, I guess. In retrospect, King Kong probably killed CS. Our bread and butter used to be those LOTR/Peter Jackson geeks and they never returned. Funny thing is, a lot of those people ended up at SHH. I've mentioned this before, but the Film & TV section at SHH has a good amount of our former active members.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #209785
Knerys
1701
 
Knerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 32,982
Default

I just pasted 11 years on the 25th. Wow...
__________________
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
Knerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #209786
JBond
Beyond
 
JBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Sol
Posts: 71,053
Send a message via AIM to JBond
Default

13 years last August.
__________________
The due date for Round 155 of the CS Film Club is Monday, July 28th, 2014.

60 out of 65 Hugo Award winners completed.
JBond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #209787
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,086
Default

Yeah. JBond was here before CS was "CS."
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #209788
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,359
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

It's a community thing. We all sort of stick to what we first were apart of when we started surfing the net. For example, Brock Landers up there and I have known each other across three different message boards over the last ten years. I knew him back when we first joined JoBlo's forums and he was still in high school. In fact, if it serves me correctly, he once went out with another message board member named Lindsey who was also an online friend of mind who at the time was being stalked by another online friend of mine named Cylonnus (Shaun) from Wisconsin. Lindsey was 14 and Shaun was 26... lol. Ah, the good 'ol days.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #209789
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,086
Default

Yeah. I was also a JoBlo member. That forum is in worst shape than CS.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #209790
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.
 
Ramplate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,549
Default

wow 7 years for me time flies
__________________
"When I said 'nuke the Chinese' I meant put the take out in the microwave!"
"We're not spies, mate. I don't even speak Russian."
"What?"
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #209791
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet
 
Brock Landers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 27,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
It's a community thing. We all sort of stick to what we first were apart of when we started surfing the net. For example, Brock Landers up there and I have known each other across three different message boards over the last ten years. I knew him back when we first joined JoBlo's forums and he was still in high school. In fact, if it serves me correctly, he once went out with another message board member named Lindsey who was also an online friend of mind who at the time was being stalked by another online friend of mine named Cylonnus (Shaun) from Wisconsin. Lindsey was 14 and Shaun was 26... lol. Ah, the good 'ol days.
HOLY CRAP. I forgot about my meetings with Lindsey. We ended up going to this massive toga party as well that a nearby town was throwing -- Animal House is big around here because, duh, it was filmed in Eugene, but this town called Cottage Grove always throws a toga party because the end scene from A.H. was filmed there down main street (the big parade finale that ends the movie was filmed in Cottage Grove, not in Eugene...it's only 20 miles or so from campus). Yes, Oregon is so boring that we STILL celebrate a movie that was filmed here...in the goddamn 70's. Anyays: we ended up going to that together & some godawful movie.

And I was younger when I first joined JoBlo's forums. It was around 2000, which would make me...twelve.
__________________
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #209792
Justin
Executive Producer
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,214
Default

I joined CS! back in high school when I was under the screen name ProgramNeo....or something stupid like that. Saveus and I had an unhealthy obsession with The Matrix movies.

Last edited by Justin; 11-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #209793
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,723
Default

I was huge into spiderman when i was younger and joined spidermanhype almost immidiately when I found it. I remember that countdown taking forever.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #209794
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!
 
sshuttari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 11,932
Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari
Default

anyone remember countingdown.com? they had a forum that used to go to a lot in highschool... Sadly everything was taken down
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
Dark Knights Rises has its problems but its not garbage. **** like Scary Movie is garbage. Cheaply made with little artistic merit.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #209795
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,359
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

I remember that stupid site. I would waste sooooo much time watching the stupid countdown for my favorite movies, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
HOLY CRAP. I forgot about my meetings with Lindsey. We ended up going to this massive toga party as well that a nearby town was throwing -- Animal House is big around here because, duh, it was filmed in Eugene, but this town called Cottage Grove always throws a toga party because the end scene from A.H. was filmed there down main street (the big parade finale that ends the movie was filmed in Cottage Grove, not in Eugene...it's only 20 miles or so from campus). Yes, Oregon is so boring that we STILL celebrate a movie that was filmed here...in the goddamn 70's. Anyays: we ended up going to that together & some godawful movie.

And I was younger when I first joined JoBlo's forums. It was around 2000, which would make me...twelve.
That's right, I remember you weren't even in high school yet, because I was and I was older. Also, Lindsey was 13, not 14. Speaking of; remember Quentin? That little 12 year old bastard that always pretended to be the smartest guy there. Hell, he was even a grammar nazi, at only 12! lol. Anyway, he's still at JoBlo after all these years and he's even a board admin now. I know because he's the prick who banned me back in '10 which is why I decided to never go back.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.


Last edited by Tolkien; 11-29-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #209796
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer
 
Wyldstaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
anyone remember countingdown.com? they had a forum that used to go to a lot in highschool... Sadly everything was taken down
I was a regular on that one. I hung out there for years, up until the very end. My fond memories of it are the main reason why I sought this site out. It was a shame when they started to go downhill. If memory serves, they started out as being sponsored by a movie studio. Once they lost their primary funding, the place slowly began to slip, although they stuck it out for a long time. I knew the end was nigh when I checked the schedule, only to find that they had no movies listed for the coming year. Sure enough, New Years Day the site disappeared.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #209797
Justin
Executive Producer
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,214
Default

Nic Cage has the best posters:

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #209798
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!
 
sshuttari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 11,932
Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
I was a regular on that one. I hung out there for years, up until the very end. My fond memories of it are the main reason why I sought this site out. It was a shame when they started to go downhill. If memory serves, they started out as being sponsored by a movie studio. Once they lost their primary funding, the place slowly began to slip, although they stuck it out for a long time. I knew the end was nigh when I checked the schedule, only to find that they had no movies listed for the coming year. Sure enough, New Years Day the site disappeared.


And we just haven't realized it til now.... What if I told you the world won't end on Dec 21st....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerys View Post
Dark Knights Rises has its problems but its not garbage. **** like Scary Movie is garbage. Cheaply made with little artistic merit.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #209799
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,359
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

It's been so long since I used or seen one, it took me a while to realize what this table was, lol...

__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #209800
Neverending
sex
 
Neverending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
remember Quentin? That little 12 year old bastard that always pretended to be the smartest guy there. Hell, he was even a grammar nazi, at only 12! lol.
I think Quentin posted here too... or maybe SHH. Being a grammar nazi is what I remember the most about him.
__________________
"Would you like some boob action?"
-Conan O'Brien
July 13, 2004
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Contact Us - ComingSoon.net - Superhero Hype! - Shock Till You Drop - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ComingSoon.net is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © All Rights Reserved.