The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 08-26-2012, 02:27 AM   #51
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Meh, personally don't feel they would do a good job, these guys seems to be still living off the praise off the first Matrix Film, cuse they haven't directed anything worth while since then.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #52
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...edium=referral

The Wachowskis in the Running to Direct Justice League Movie?

Following yesterday's comments by Ben Affleck that he is not working on the Justice League movie comes word that "The Matrix" trilogy helmers Andy and Lana Wachowski may be in contention for the job as well.

According to Moviehole, "Warner Bros are apparently jazzed with “Cloud Atlas”, and love that it’s as much a spectacle as it is a showcase for the immense ensemble involved, so it makes sense the W’s are under consideration."

Besides bringing the blockbuster "Matrix" trilogy to the big screen, the Wachowkis co-wrote and produced the graphic novel adaptation V For Vendetta, and directed, wrote and produced Speed Racer. Warner Bros. will release their Cloud Atlas in theaters on October 26.

Will Beall is writing the script for Justice League, which is expected to include such popular characters as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Do you think the Wachowskis would be a good fit for this project?
Page turn

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #53
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Send a message via AIM to morpheus1987 Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1988 View Post
Meh, personally don't feel they would do a good job, these guys seems to be still living off the praise off the first Matrix Film, cuse they haven't directed anything worth while since then.
I thought Speed Racer was pretty underrated, and the second Matrix film was alright, but I get your point. I certainly don't think they are the right fit for the job either.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #54
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus1987 View Post
I thought Speed Racer was pretty underrated
Incredibly underrated.
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011

"I honestly don't know who gives me a bigger boner:
Zoe Saldana OR Chris Pine. Star Trek Into My Pants!"
- Kevin Smith
February 24, 2013

The Batman Appreciation Thread
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #55
Alfon Mars
Grip

I think that making a movie without an individual one for each of the members of the Justices League is a way of doing things different from Marvel, and I think that from the producers's point of view they think that the public needs an answer from DC to the Marvel's Avengers.

So working directly on a team movie instead of a list of individual films could be a good movement if they do it right.
Alfon Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #56
Alien
Space traveler

Send a message via MSN to Alien

I was happier with Affleck than Wachowskis. I've not seen The Town but it got good reviews. I hope this is just another internet romour since Wachowskis are a big-ish name again with Cloud Atlas (which looks and sounds weird).
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #57
Ser Ty Of Ross
Knight of Angels

I think the comic book movie producers are reading my posts...... this is weird.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #58
sshuttari

I think your right... *Stalks Ser Ty Ross* yes... yes...

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #59
Deexan
Yes, have some.

Ty... Lana Wachowski...

I'm just putting it out there.
play Let It Be or Nevermind.
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #60
sshuttari

Will Justice League Preceed a Batman Reboot?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94165

The fan community is abuzz today with a new rumor that suggests that Batman's next big screen appearance might not be in the proposed Warner Bros. reboot but could, instead, be as a team member of the seemingly fast-tracked Justice League. The story, which originated at Batman on Film, suggests that the superhero ensemble will be the next DC Comics superhero adaptation after next summer's Man of Steel.

The major element that appears to lend credence to this report is the fact that Justice League has a completed screenplay from Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall while another solo adventure of the Caped Crusader currently exists almost entirely in speculation. Some have suggested that Warner Bros. should find a way to continue Christopher Nolan's trilogy while others have called for a more dramatic reboot of the character, potentially adapting a property like "Batman Beyond".

What's important to remember is that, as much as fans wish it to be the case, there's currently no guarantee that Justice League will share a cinematic universe with any films past, present or future. Although the approach certainly worked for Marvel's The Avengers, Warner Bros. doesn't necessarily need to continue with Henry Cavill as Superman nor would they need to keep whoever they cast as Batman for a franchise reboot.

After all, when the studio was moving forward with George Miller's now-defunct motion-capture take on the property a few years ago, it was being planned to feature a Batman unlike anything in Nolan's films and the two projects would have seen release independently of one another.

That being said, Justice League could indeed wind up the launching place for a new take on the Dark Knight, but only time will tell for sure what Warner Bros. has in mind for the DC superheroes.

Quote:

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #61
Nick1988
Executive Producer

WB seems really desperate to counter Avengers....
Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #62
Alien
Space traveler

Send a message via MSN to Alien

I think the shared universe thing was part of what made Avengers awesome and Avengers is clearly why they are pushing forward with this.
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #63
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

If the latest rumors are to be believed, it sounds like WB is planning on doing the exact opposite as Marvel Studios- team movie first, with solo flicks to follow. It certainly could be made to work. I'm just not convinced that WB of all studios is up to such a challenge.

It could be that they're hedging their bets when it comes to Superman. If Man of Steel doesn't perform to expectations, then the all-new Superman we get for Justice League will be the new standard bearer. If Justice League crashes and burns, while MoS does well, we get more Cavill later down the road.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #64
bbf2
IT'S A TRAP(ezoid)!

So there's basically no plan to use Cavill in Justice League, even if MoS is a hit? That seems bizarre to me. You really want two different versions of Superman going around? Especially since one of them is in a team movie and using Cavill would help save origin/backstory explanation stuff?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #65
Justin
Executive Producer

Quote:
Incredibly underrated.
Speed Racer was very, very unfairly judged.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #66
Ser Ty Of Ross
Knight of Angels

Problem with doing the team movie before the individuals is that no average theater goer is going to be able to get to know the characters first. Even if the quality of the film is equal to Avengers by not allowing the general non comic loving public to get used to the idea it will create more confusion in most peoples minds than anything.

Say they take a 6 person roster.....

Superman - Didn't we see this guy last year? Why is he a different actor?
Batman - I thought he retired at the end of his last movie... why is his voice not as raspy? What happened to Christian Bale?
Wonder Woman - Wait was I supposed to watch Clash of the Titans before I saw this?
Green Lantern - Isn't he in space?
Flash - Who is this guy now he's fast but where did he come from?
Aquaman - Why does this loser talk to fish?

Not to mention the need to create instant chemistry between characters when the audience hasn't even gotten to know them yet. They need at least a couple movies to set things up. maybe even just a few crossover movies like a Worlds Finest or Brave and the Bold idea.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #67
Nick1988
Executive Producer

This movie seems doomed to fail, Avenges worked because they created a world where they all exsisted, people are gonna see this movie and wonder why Bale isn't Batman and why there is ANOTHER new Superman seeing is how this will come out right after MOS.

WB may have won the lottery with Nolans Batman films, but i think his films screwed over any chance of a JL movie being successful
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #68
docstop
Hockey Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1988 View Post
This movie seems doomed to fail, Avenges worked because they created a world where they all exsisted, people are gonna see this movie and wonder why Bale isn't Batman and why there is ANOTHER new Superman seeing is how this will come out right after MOS.

WB may have won the lottery with Nolans Batman films, but i think his films screwed over any chance of a JL movie being successful
I think they can honestly pull off introducing the characters in one big movie...however... they must have Cavill as Superman and to a great extent but not 100%, they should have Bale as Batman. Otherwise it will be BAD.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #69
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docstop View Post
I think they can honestly pull off introducing the characters in one big movie...however... they must have Cavill as Superman and to a great extent but not 100%, they should have Bale as Batman. Otherwise it will be BAD.
There's no way Bale is going to put the cape and cowl back on. He's done with it. As for Cavill, who can say?
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #70
docstop
Hockey Legend

Hard to say with Bale, maybe it was just a rumour but the lead up to TDKR had Bale saying he wasn't coming back and then I thought in the last couple months he mentioned he'd never say never.

Even if Bale did come back for JLA, it wouldn't add up with the end of TDKR.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #71
G-Matrix
Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
There's no way Bale is going to put the cape and cowl back on. He's done with it. As for Cavill, who can say?
Agreed, Bale will not retake his role as Batman. Joseph Gordon Levitt....well that is another story....

BTW it feels great to be back!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #72
sshuttari

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Matrix View Post

BTW it feels great to be back!
Welcome back! Stay awhile

Quote:

Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #73
Deexan
Yes, have some.

Quote:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is 'absolutely' set to appear as Batman in the forthcoming 'Justice League of America' film, according to reports.

US site HitFix claims that it has inside information at Warner Bros - the studio set to make the DC Comics superhero supergroup film - confirming that the 'Dark Knight Rises' star will play the new incarnation of the caped crusader.

So far the claim is unconfirmed, but in terms of a logical progression, the move would make sense.

As those who have seen 'The Dark Knight Rises' are already aware, director Christopher Nolan set up whoever might take over the franchise with the option of using Gordon-Levitt's character, detective John Blake, as Bruce Wayne's successor.

It's even being suggested that he may appear as Batman before the 'Justice League' film, possibly as a cameo role in Zack Snyder's hotly-anticipated Superman film 'Man of Steel'.

The so-far tight-lipped Snyder has let slip that 'Man of Steel' should 'set-up' the 'Justice League' project.

“I don't know how 'Justice League' is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't,” he told the New York Post. “But 'Man of Steel' exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that.”

When asked directly whether the films would be linked, he added: “Um, how can I answer that? I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”

British actor Henry Cavill is playing Superman in Snyder's film, alongside Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Superman's father Jor-El, Michael Shannon as General Zod and Kevin Costner as Superman's adopted father Jonathan Kent.

It's due out in June, 2013.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/joseph-go...110535466.html
play Let It Be or Nevermind.
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #74
PG Cooper
Raging Bull

Not liking this.

CS! Recod Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes).

April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

"Terminator 2's a pretty awesome movie."- Paul Thomas Anderson
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #75
Neverending
sex

It's probably bull s--t.
12:55 AM

"We’re No. 1 in TBS’ key demographic:
People who can’t afford HBO."
- Conan O'Brien
May 18, 2011