The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE BACK LOT > Sports

View Poll Results: Who will win the Super Bowl?
Cincinnati Bengals 0 0%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 0 0%
Houston Texans 0 0%
New England Patriots 4 44.44%
Denver Broncos 1 11.11%
Atlanta Falcons 1 11.11%
San Francisco 49ers 1 11.11%
Green Bay Packers 2 22.22%
Washington Redskins 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 0 0%
Minnesota Vikings 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #876
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
i can only explain it to you, i can't understand it for you.
That...is going into my signature.

60 out of 65 Hugo Award winners completed.
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #877
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
i can only explain it to you, i can't understand it for you.

wildcat is not my argument. if you still think it is, you are truly missing the forest for the trees.
No, it's pretty clear you're both a Bears' apologist all of the sudden as well as a Broncos' hater. You just keep coming up with ridiculous excuses to try to justify weak arguments, even going back to Tim Tebow and trying to say Kapernik is somehow more ready for the NFL starting position than Campbell, regardless of Campbell's experience as a starter for many years (and many different systems). But, that's OK, when you're desperate for argumentative proof, talking from your butt seems to justify irrational logic. But I am curious what your sudden defense of the Bears is all about and why the hate for the Broncos when nobody is tooting their horn?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #878
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

i'll never understand how you can't discuss something with some sort of rationale, or basic decency, you just see conspiracies left and right then you have to insult the person you are talking with, now i'm some sort of bears apologist, and i'm clearly just a broncos hater. again, i can explain it to you, but i can't understand it for you. if campbell was so good he would have a starting job. brunell has been in the league for over a decade, you think he is better than kapernick too? again my point being, that you seem to keep dodging, teams play differently for different quarterbacks. it isn't rocket science, and kapernick earned the trust of the entire team, unlike campbell. remember when tebow came into the lineup then the defense turned into the best defense in the league? there was no rhyme or reason for that, aside from them playing for the qb. i'm sorry this makes so much sense. i'll await your defensive response and predictable insults.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)

Last edited by FranklinTard; 11-21-2012 at 10:13 AM.
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #879
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
i'll never understand how you can't discuss something with some sort of rationale, or basic decency, you just see conspiracies left and right then you have to insult the person you are talking with, now i'm some sort of bears apologist, and i'm clearly just a broncos hater. again, i can explain it to you, but i can't understand it for you. if campbell was so good he would have a starting job. brunell has been in the league for over a decade, you think he is better than kapernick too? again my point being, that you seem to keep dodging, teams play differently for different quarterbacks. it isn't rocket science, and kapernick earned the trust of the entire team, unlike campbell. remember when tebow came into the lineup then the defense turned into the best defense in the league? there was no rhyme or reason for that, aside from them playing for the qb. i'm sorry this makes so much sense. i'll await your defensive response and predictable insults.
LOL, this is classic. So, let me get this straight - you start by insulting ME by calling me a hypocrite and now you're giving me a boo-hoo story about how I was insulting you? OK, got it. Let me refresh your memory for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard
and a broncos fan saying another team is over hyped is rather hypocritical. who have you exactly played? the afc west? laughable.
So, your fake piety is laughable at best. If you don't want to start something, don't start by being rude and then acting hurt by it. You, of all people, are the king of insulting people on these boards.

Now, on to your attempt at backtracking to make your point sound reasonable. I'll use facts and numbers and hopefully you'll get the true picture of what happened. The Bears have the 30th ranked offense in the league. 30th!! So, you can put the blame on Campbell as the starter for that game and say that Cutler would have been much better, blah blah (and randomly try to make a roundabout point by inserting Tebow and the wildcat and what happened last year), but they haven't been great all year. One game didn't drop them to 3rd from last in the league in net yards. So, whether or not it was Campbell or Cutler, the Bears wouldn't have done much differently. So, insert random player, results aren't necessarily that different. What the Bears have going for them is their defense - currently ranked 5th in the league. But, what you're missing in your argument is this - when the Bears, who are overhyped IMO, have played a respectable defense such as the 49er's, they fold like origami. They had a sloppy game against the Texans, but playing in the marsh they played in wasn't a good way to tell anything about either team. So, what you're trying to say is that it was Kaepernick, but the real issue is that the Bears have a weak offense regardless of starter and their defense didn't show up against the 49ers. Their defense, who is their reason for success this year, was blown out. No matter how many times you try to explain ignorance, it still does not compute.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #880
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

but... you are a hypocrite, that wasn't an insult. the broncos play in the afc west, and they played against the nfc south. both easily (nfc east maybe with giants choking) the worst 2 divisions in football. the broncos have played no one, a clark-less steelers team to start the year and the worst passing defense in the league in new england, which you guys lost. giving up over 20 points to the chargers... the chargers!

my argument that kapernick is better with the niners than campbell is with the bears is really not hard too understand, i've got faith in you.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #881
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Wow, what a dumbass. I'm not allowed to point out the Bears being overhyped? That somehow makes me a hypocrite huh? OK, got it. Apparently in your world you seem to think I've been running around posting how great the Broncos are compared to the Bears. If we suck so bad, need I remind you AGAIN, that we beat your team, so maybe that just makes you ignorant to facts? Calling me a hypocrite for pointing out the obvious simply makes you a dick, not correct. I have faith that you're capable of coming up with some reason why your pathetic comments make you somehow right.

And again, going back to the facts (stats - it's that nasty little thing you seem to disregard) - the Bears have a bad offense no matter who is in there. Stats don't like. I have faith that even you are smart enough to realize that.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #882
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

again stick to the facts, where did i say the steelers were an elite team? and a clarkless steelers? with him we are the number 1 pass defense in the league. just a fact.

i've got the texans, skins and pats today.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #883
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Please explain to me why I'm a hypocrite. Because I think the Bears are overrated? What part of that makes me a hypocrite exactly?

And your argument was that the Broncos (who I have NEVER said were an elite team this year) play the AFC west, but they have only played 3 games out of that division this year. What we have here is a classic case of someone getting caught with a dumb statement and trying to use smoke and mirrors to cover it up. Again, explain to me what makes me a hypocrite.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #884
Justin
Executive Loser

This is ugly.

Last edited by Justin; 11-22-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #885
JBond
Beyond

The Lions or this argument?

Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #886
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

that call against schwartz was pretty crazy. new one on me.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #887
JBond
Beyond

Yeah, I've never seen that before. You mean the 80-yard TD, right?

Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #888
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Rex Ryan shouldn't be coaching high school, much less in the NFL.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #889
Diablo
RG3

I'm thankful the Skins got RG3
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #890
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

well 7 turnovers will do that. or was it 8?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #891
SnoBorderZero
There is no bathroom

Send a message via AIM to SnoBorderZero

Good ol' Charlie Batch.
SnoBorderZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #892
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

The Chiefs always play the Broncos tough in KC. Today was no different. And Tard - still waiting to hear about what exactly makes me a hypocrite.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #893
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

you'll never let it go, i let it go for the rest of the people in the thread, pm me if you really need to get your masturbatory argument in, don't think everyone else has to suffer for it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #894
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

LOL, you let go because your argument was bunk. You come on talking sh** and it backfired because you had no real reason other than to be a troll as usual. Better for you to just stfu for once.

Last edited by Ewok Droppings; 11-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Ewok Droppings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #895
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

I'm sure you think that about anyone that disagrees with you though.

Typical giants, think they die but come back to life.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #896
Tornado
Mad Man

Should be back in our rightful place after this game, on top of the NFC North.
Let me tell you, I know you don't want to listen to your father, I didn't listen to mine, and I am telling you you gotta pay attention this time. When life reaches out at a moment like this it's a sin if you don't reach back, I'm telling you its a sin if you don't reach back! It'll haunt you the rest of your days like a curse.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #897
JBond
Beyond

Nah, the Packers got this.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #898
Diablo
RG3

Barring a miracle comeback 4/5 teams that the skins needed to lose lost. Just gotta take care of the Giants next week and I'm sure the cards will start falling in place. Crazy if Redskins make the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #899
Knerys

I quit football for this week.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #900
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Nah, the Packers got this.
Were we watching the same game?