The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #51
Neverending
sex

To be fair, the cartoon didn't make much sense either. I think the first film was on the right track but they dropped the ball with the sequels.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #52
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Send a message via AIM to morpheus1987 Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
To be fair, the cartoon didn't make much sense either. I think the first film was on the right track but they dropped the ball with the sequels.
I agree. I thought the first film was actually pretty solid.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #53
EdReedFan20
Director

I just pray they don't title this Trans4mers.
EdReedFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #54
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
The cartoon was only 22 minutes per episode. The plots were too simple to allow much room for plot holes. Bayformers sequels are long and overly complicated, providing enough time for plot holes the size of Cybertron to form.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #55
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedFan20 View Post
I just pray they don't title this Trans4mers.
How about:

Trans-"4"(four/for)-mers

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #56
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

They could call it "Former Trannies"
Old 02-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
The cartoon was only 22 minutes per episode. The plots were too simple to allow much room for plot holes.
The plots may have been simple, but they were beyond ridiculous. The other day, on the Hub, I was watching the episode where they time traveled to the King Arthur era. Bay's movies are bad, but they could be a lot worse if they actually followed the cartoons. So, as I said, the first film was on the right track. It was an adaptation that improved on the source material. The sequels sucked for two reasons. Firstly, the writer's strike completely ruined Revenge of the Fallen. Michael Bay literally started shooting without a script. All he had was a rough outline and that's it. I s--t you not. And when that film dominated at the box office, they realized people would just show to the third one and half-assed it. If Paramount hadn't rushed Revenge of the Fallen into production, who knows, things might have turned out differently.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #58
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

I actually remember the Arthurian one. The Decepticons were making gunpowder with pigeon crap as the nitrate. The image of Starscream covered in bird droppings is forever burned into my brain. I was kinda surprised that episode got past the censors of the 80s. They were definitely ridiculous, like most American cartoons of the era.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #59
Neverending
sex

Quote:
I was kinda surprised that episode got past the censors
Syndication is a lot more flexible than network TV.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #60
docstop
Hockey Legend

If the entire cast is not coming back will there be all new bots as well? Different time period would be interesting. What I'd love to see is a nice combo of Animal and Robot. Put in a new Sam-like character and make his protector, K-9, a robot German Shepherd.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #61
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docstop View Post
If the entire cast is not coming back will there be all new bots as well? Different time period would be interesting. What I'd love to see is a nice combo of Animal and Robot. Put in a new Sam-like character and make his protector, K-9, a robot German Shepherd.
They will keep Optimus Prime and Bumblebee around. Anyone else is pretty much up for grabs. Since TF3 mostly ignored the events of the first two movies, I don't see any reason to expect TF4 to adhere to previous events. Bay hasn't bothered to maintain continuity during the actual movie the last two times out. I can't imagine he would feel obliged to maintain any pretense of continuity now that the human cast is being completely overhauled.

As for a K-9, I suspect that Bob Baker and the BBC would have strong objections. They've held the rights to the character since 1978, and I can't imagine they'd consign their character over to the likes of Michael Bay, especially when the second series of the K-9 TV show is still in production.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #62
docstop
Hockey Legend

Quote:
They will keep Optimus Prime and Bumblebee around. Anyone else is pretty much up for grabs. Since TF3 mostly ignored the events of the first two movies, I don't see any reason to expect TF4 to adhere to previous events. Bay hasn't bothered to maintain continuity during the actual movie the last two times out. I can't imagine he would feel obliged to maintain any pretense of continuity now that the human cast is being completely overhauled.

As for a K-9, I suspect that Bob Baker and the BBC would have strong objections. They've held the rights to the character since 1978, and I can't imagine they'd consign their character over to the likes of Michael Bay, especially when the second series of the K-9 TV show is still in production.
I thought K-9 was always just another Transformer?

He's in the wiki list of Maximals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-9_(Transformers)#Beast_Wars.2FBeast_Machines_Maxim als_Toy_Characters
Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #63
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

If they made it look like an actual german shepherd instead of a robotic one, I suppose they could get away with it. I don't know much of anything about the Beast Wars era of Transformers. That was long after my time.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #64
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Send a message via AIM to morpheus1987 Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus1987

I don't think the public would react very favorably to a beast wars themed Transformers. It just seems too far removed from the original concept.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #65
Neverending
sex

Plus, who actually remembers Beast Wars except kids from the `90s? Street Sharks has a better chance of getting a movie.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #66
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Quote:
Plus, who actually remembers Beast Wars except kids from the `90s? Street Sharks has a better chance of getting a movie.
They are making Battleship and Candyland into movies. Might as well adapt some awesome shows from the 90s. I think SWAT Cats is about due for a movie as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #67
Neverending
sex

Yeah, but Battleship and Candyland are board games that everyone has played. Beast Wars, however, is a show that most people don't know existed.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
Neverending
sex

Marky Mark replaces Even Stevens:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/mark...ransformers-4/
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #69
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
What? No!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #70
Neverending
sex

This could be his Oscar-winning role.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #71
Neverending
sex

Transformers 4 will shoot and take place primarily in China. This is becoming the latest Hollywood trend. Obama's secret plan to pay back our debt, no doubt.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #72
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

So how they gonna do Transformers without optimus prime. From what I hear he and the other autobots are being replaced. And with Marky Mark. I am kinda worried to see what he does with TMNT
DarthVader 2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #73
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVader 2004 View Post
So how they gonna do Transformers without optimus prime. From what I hear he and the other autobots are being replaced. And with Marky Mark. I am kinda worried to see what he does with TMNT
Where did you hear that Prime isn't going to be in it? Everything I've read has focused entirely upon the human cast. I've not heard a word about the bots, aside from baseless internet rumors.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #74
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I thought i read that Bay was going to use new Autobots and decepticons like they did when Hot Shot Took over and Megatron is reborn to Glavatron thing. My guess is they are gonna kill Optimus in the first opening part and his matrix will get passed on.
DarthVader 2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #75
Neverending
sex

This movie probably doesn't even have a script yet. The last two sure didn't