The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #151
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

so true lol, introduce this story arc with chalky and his family, then they just cut him outta the show.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #152
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I hope Chalky comes back, dammit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
so true lol, introduce this story arc with chalky and his family, then they just cut him outta the show.
Seriously: where the hell did Chalky go? I could watch an entire episode of Chalky & Mr. Pernsley critique theater & crack skulls. And this season is missing another key element: Richard Harrow badassery. He needs to get in on these brewing war-games right away and then say hrrmmph. I'm kind of pissed I didn't go as Richard for Halloween -- if only I could find that damn mask.

This will explain everything.
Brock Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #153
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
Seriously: where the hell did Chalky go? I could watch an entire episode of Chalky & Mr. Pernsley critique theater & crack skulls. And this season is missing another key element: Richard Harrow badassery. He needs to get in on these brewing war-games right away and then say hrrmmph. I'm kind of pissed I didn't go as Richard for Halloween -- if only I could find that damn mask.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #154
Nick1988
Executive Producer

The last 3 episodes seemed to have taken a turn for the worst, i thought last episode ended great and i felt something epic happening this episode...and nothing till the last 30 seconds happened. All we had was Nucky beating up an actor, Torio talking about
Naples, and another sex scene with margart and owen......come on seems like this show in mid season has hit a rut, and needs to get out of it, it ended so damn awesome when they did the hit on Rosetti, but last 3 episodes have been filled with boring stuff imo

It needs to pick up and i agree, less Margaret and Gillian and more Chalky,Meyer Lansky/Bugsey Sigel and some serious Harrow ass kicking.

Though i got the impression that Harrow might become Rosettis muscle man just from there little brief meet, but who knows.

I really feel that the character Margaret needs to go, imo she really bogs down the show
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #155
Daniel
Flawed Design

Nick, I agree with you as far as the rut goes, but, I felt like this episode was a real turning point and gave us some great momentum.

The affair between Margaret and the Irish dude can't last forever. I suspect Nucky is going to turn to her for support, not get it, and some **** is going to go down.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #156
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
And I've found my costume for next year.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #157
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Yeah Chalky has not been seen since what episode 2 or 3 of this season? Its ashame too because he is one of a few interesting characters on this show with the other gangsters. Maybe next season he will get alot of screentime on the series.
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #158
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

With only 3 episodes left this season I think the war will spill over into next season.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #159
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

that episode had a real sopranos feel to it.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #160
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
that episode had a real sopranos feel to it.
The concussion gave me a "Tony's got food poisoning" vibe. This would also make Owen the 1920's Furio. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #161
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I see Rosetti escaping this season alive since with 3 episodes left it would be lame to kill him off that fast. Eventually Rothstein and his peoples will join Nucky as Rosetti wants them dead aswell. Next season should be really great with an all out war affair.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #162
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince View Post
I see Rosetti escaping this season alive since with 3 episodes left it would be lame to kill him off that fast. Eventually Rothstein and his peoples will join Nucky as Rosetti wants them dead aswell. Next season should be really great with an all out war affair.
I think it'll all just dissipate -- hopefully not some anti-climactic finish, but I don't see a full-on War breaking out. I know this show likes to play it fast & loose with history, but a war involving Masseria this early would be going way too far. The again, it's probably not a bad idea to just ignore the nerds and give us what we want: war.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #163
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I think its been build up to big to just blow over like the Jimmy situation last season. I want to see an all out war going on with both sides having blood shed epicly. I want to see NJ/NY be a blood bath. If Rosetti gets iced this season in the finale it will be a hugh disapoinment.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #164
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Next weeks preview looks amazing. Looks like Rosetti comes to AC to take the city over and now Nucky has to fight for his live and protect his territory. Also Rosetti/Chalky conversation should be interesting.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #165
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

figured owen was going down, no way maggie was up and leaving, i'd guessed he was going to die in this episode when it started, and the pregnancy, been kinda heavy handed with it in the writing.

looks like the season will end with nucky down on his luck trying to survive in ac while he regroups.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #166
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

^ You do no think they will have Gyp get offed in the season finale by Nucky? Although I would like to see his demise next season.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #167
Daniel
Flawed Design

I am really unsure about the future of Gyp. He is the big baddie this season and it makes sense the arc would end with his death, but, I think he is such a strong character that I could see them wanting him to last through season 4. I would not be surprised either way if he lived or died.

I did not see Owen's death coming like that - reminded me a lot of Se7en.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #168
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I think they will save Gyp to get offed next season.He seems to much of a big deal to kill off this season. Plus I want to see Nucky strike some blows back to Gyp.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #169
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Gyp Rosetti has been the best part of this season imo, loved all his scenes.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #170
bbf2
IT'S A TRAP(ezoid)!

Quote:
I did not see Owen's death coming like that - reminded me a lot of Se7en.
It was pretty obvious that he was going to die as soon as he promised Margaret that they would run off together. And then especially when he was sent to kill Joe Masseria, who is a real person that doesn't die until much later.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #171
carnage4u
The Bad Man

I had to laugh when she fired Richard. Talk about the worst time for her to let him be free to do he wants.

I half expect capone and people to roll in to take out everyone, and richard to already have done the job.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #172
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
I had to laugh when she fired Richard. Talk about the worst time for her to let him be free to do he wants.

I half expect capone and people to roll in to take out everyone, and richard to already have done the job.
"Don't...read my book. Hrrrmph."

Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #173
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf2 View Post
It was pretty obvious that he was going to die as soon as he promised Margaret that they would run off together. And then especially when he was sent to kill Joe Masseria, who is a real person that doesn't die until much later.
So I'm guessing Nucky and company will kill Masseria later down the road? I think the war will carry over into the next season with Gyp being killed in the season finale. What year does Masseria get killed?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #174
Brock Landers
Ninja + Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince View Post
So I'm guessing Nucky and company will kill Masseria later down the road? I think the war will carry over into the next season with Gyp being killed in the season finale. What year does Masseria get killed?
I'm not exactly sure what year, but Masseria & his gang get involved in the largest (or, at least the most famous) gang war in U.S. history down the road with a fellow named Maranzano. It's the war that clears the way for Luciano's inevitable rise to power, not to mention raising the fortunes of his very famous friends (Meyer, Bugsy, Costello, Anastasia, etc. etc.)

Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #175
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

that was a cool final scene with capone, chicago has to get involved then the war really gets started.

next season should be pretty wild.