The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #826
Knerys

Quote:
4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can’t sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to shoot grouse.
This one's my favorite.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #827
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

For the record its sounded worst what I said in my previous post then how i meant it too say. The assassinations of Great Presidents like Kennedy and Lincoln is not something I wish for any president or human being.

But my point reworded was meaning that The United states is divided and some people who may be disgruntled over loosing a job or something else could be a problem for any presidents. Do I agree with violence to make a change no. Too many people died on soils over seas for me to really support anyone getting gunned down.

I was in the ROTC after all and my father was in the army. So I am an American and fallow its laws. Obama is the president and have to except that.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #828
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

already had more than a few people kill themselves over obama being elected, this anti-obama fear campaign cost that family in virginia their lives. the father took out the whole family then turned the gun on himself.

keep dragging up that obama is the anti christ and that he is gonna ruin america is gonna scare a lotta people. some guy in fla also killed himself after writing '**** obama' on his will.

fox news just doesn't get it though.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #829
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

This is my concerns with people and the safety of Politicans and maybe the fact people still cannot prepare how major Religion and Politics effects peoples beliefs and thinking.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #830
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

There will never be a President Elect that will get me to a point where I'd want to kill myself...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #831
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

These are the same sorts of people who kill when they experience a personal financial crisis, postpartum depression or some other temporary problem. They get it in their heads that their problems are insurmountable, when in reality they will eventually pass. Life goes on, unless you do something stupid like kill yourself and your family.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #832
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

I guess they forgot that they just deprived the GOP of that many voters.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #833
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Ron Paul: Secession is right, Civil War maybe not

Outgoing Republican U.S. representative Ron Paul has waded into the secession debate, saying that states have the right to leave the Union, and that the Civil War may not have been “right.”

The latest secession controversy was started by a series of petitions on a White House website called We the People. They asked the Obama administration to comment on the possible secession of Texas, Louisiana, and other states after the president defeated Mitt Romney earlier this month.

The Texas petition received about 115,000 online signatures as of Tuesday morning, with a number of people not living in Texas signing up.

Paul’s comments were picked up on political websites on Monday night.

“While I wouldn’t hold my breath on Texas actually seceding, I believe these petitions raise a lot of worthwhile questions about the nature of our union,” Paul said.

“Many think the question of secession was settled by our Civil War. On the contrary; the principles of self-governance and voluntary association are at the core of our founding. Clearly Thomas Jefferson believed secession was proper, albeit as a last resort,” he added.

“Keep in mind that the first and third paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence expressly contemplate the dissolution of a political union when the underlying government becomes tyrannical. Do we have a ‘government without limitation of powers’ yet? The Federal government kept the Union together through violence and force in the Civil War, but did might really make right?” Paul added.

Legally, there is little evidence that any secessionist movement would have a chance of winning a legal challenge.

Constitution Daily contributor Lyle Denniston outlined the issue last week for us.

“No state, however frustrated some of its citizens may be with the present state of government in America, is going to be able to leave the Union and go its own way. That is one of the most firmly settled issues on the meaning of the Constitution,” Denniston said.

The issue was settled by the Supreme Court in the case of Texas v. White in 1869, and the only theoretical path to secession would be the passage of a constitutional amendment.

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia confirmed that opinion in 2006, when he responded to a letter from a screenwriter, who was writing a fictional story about Maine dumping the U.S. to join Canada.

“To begin with, the answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede. (Hence, in the Pledge of Allegiance, “one Nation, indivisible.”) Secondly, I find it difficult to envision who the parties to this lawsuit might be. Is the State suing the United States for a declaratory judgment? But the United States cannot be sued without its consent, and it has not consented to this sort of suit,” Scalia said.

Paul didn’t bring up the issue of slavery in the Civil War on his official House website, but he has discussed it in the past.
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #834
Justin
Executive Producer

That guy is a lunatic. Why do people even listen to him at all?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #835
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Because lunatics run in packs nowadays. They're like sand people. Piss them off and they'll return, and in greater numbers.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #836
Justin
Executive Producer

Wasn't he giving his farewell speech just a day ago, anyway? About damn time.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #837
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

i love arguing people that want to go back to the gold standard. for some reason he legitimized that belief, but it is absolutely crazy talk.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #838
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Mitt's Son Says He Never Wanted to be President Anyway

If you thought the tale of how Mitt Romney lost the general election was already told, you would be wrong. Because there is so much left to tell, like how Mitt never wanted to be President anyway.

At least, that's what Tagg Romney says in this new Boston Globe report on what went wrong with Romney's campaign. While the rest of the piece seems to say the problems lay in the Romney campaign's lack of technical advantage, and refusal to introduce the world to Mitt Romney, the human being, this little morsel from the Republican's son points to a larger problem:

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg, who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

So, yeah, that might explain why Mitt lost. Not wanting the job you need to publicly campaign for more than a year to get is step one in the "Not Getting Elected Guide for Dummies" book. Again, the rest of the mammoth piece, which you really should read, paints a larger picture of the struggle between Mitt's inner circle and his campaign advisors over whether they should humanize Mitt, which was ultimately their downfall. And, also, the Obama campaign had more staff and cooler tech stuff, like an app named Gordon, "after the person who punched Houdini in the stomach shortly before the magician died," and Narwhal, named after the Internet's favorite arctic whale.

Mitt never stood a chance against Narwhal.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #839
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

For a guy who didn't have any interest in being President, Mitt sure did go to a great deal of time, effort and expense in both of his attempts. He had to have called in every political favor he and his family were owed to arrange for the freak show of opponents to run against for the 2012 GOP nomination. With those whack jobs as his competition, he couldn't help but come out ahead of them.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #840
Justin
Executive Producer

Sour grapes.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #841
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Mitt: "NooooOOOOooo, it's mine, it's mine, it's mine!"

Voters: "No Mitt, you can't have it now, maybe later."

Mitt: "Fiiiiiiiine, I didn't want it anyway!"
Old 12-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #842
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Just finished reading the Globe article. A compelling breakdown of the election. Now it's time to see if Faux News addresses it. If they do, it should be hilarious.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #843
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Mitt Romney Got… 47 Percent

On the same day lawmakers count the electoral votes on Capitol Hill, officially certifying President Obama's victory in the Electoral College, the AP released a tabulation of official presidential votes from all 50 states.

As tabulated by the AP, Romney got 47.2 percent of the full presidential vote.

He did a bit better - 48.0 - if you just look at the two top candidates.

That number - 47 percent - resonates in the context of the race because of Romney's infamous " 47 percent " comments that seemed to have an effect on the race.

In hidden camera video clips, which were posted by Mother Jones, Romney was seen telling Florida telling donors that 47 percent of voters will chose Obama "no matter what" because they are people "who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax."

"My job is not to worry about those people," Romney says in the video. "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #844
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Bachmann Campaign Staffers Claim They Aren't Getting Paid Because of Leaks

http://news.yahoo.com/bachmann-campa...153142294.html

On Thursday a high-level staffer for Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's failed presidential campaign issued a press release alleging that Bachmann's finance chairman refuses to pay a number of former staffers because they declined to sign a non-disclosure agreement that "prohibits any discussion of any criminal, moral, and/or unethical behavior witnessed during Mrs. Bachmann's campaign in Iowa."

politics as usual