The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Television

Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Neverending
Ducks

Arrow Beverly Hills Cop: The Series

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/beve...on-commitment/

Quote:
Sherlock Holmes, meet Axel Foley. In a very competitive situation, CBS, which has new Sherlock Holmes drama Elementary coming this fall, has landed Beverly Hills Cop, a series offshoot from the blockbuster movie franchise. The films’ star Eddie Murphy and The Shield creator Shawn Ryan executive produce the Sony TV-produced project, which has received a pilot production commitment from CBS.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Neverending
Ducks

Shawn Ryan:

Quote:
I always loved the movies, the character of Axel and the juxtaposition of blue collar midwest vs. Beverly Hills wealthy. Having the opportunity to explore this in television and especially to write for Eddie Murphy is an opportunity I couldn't turn down. Eddie is very excited about this and pumped to play Axel again. Perhaps the most exciting aspect for me is to do something more comedic than I've done before. We'll be doing a mixture of scripted and improvisational comedy that I don't think (to my knowledge) has been done in the 1-hour drama universe before. Also, in an era where most new shows are being shipped out of Los Angeles, we'll get to film this here, which will bring me closer to production after a run of shows ("Terriers," "Chicago Code," "Last Resort") that have all filmed out of town. Finally, this is the kind of thing a lot of people will say can't be done (or at least done well) and I love the challenge of trying to prove them wrong. Going to be fun. Especially at CBS where I have a history with Nina and co., whom I all love.
http://www.hitfix.com/news/cbs-buys-...d-eddie-murphy
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Neverending
Ducks

Brandon T. Jackson (Tropic Thunder) is Axel Foley, Jr.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/bran...ls-cop-reboot/
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
Justin
Executive Loser

Shawn Ryan is definitely a good sign, and of course Eddie being involved certainly helps substantially--even if they're on just as executive producers.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Jamesdawn
Banned Status

I have noting to say more about this movie. I love the concept of this movie and i enjoyed it. This movie is one of the hit movie in box office.
Jamesdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
RhetoricJams
Grip

may god help us all
RhetoricJams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
Neverending
Ducks

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/pilo...k/#more-409089

Quote:
The strongest candidate among the rest is the Beverly Hills Cop sequel series from Shawn Ryan and Eddie Murphy, which has Brandon T. Jackson cast as the lead and $10 million on the line for the network in penalty/license fees. Green light for the project is expected to come as early as tomorrow.