The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > CS Community

Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #209601
Neverending
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It's so festive here, with our palm trees and warm weather.
At least you don't get New Yorkers showing up and being annoying. Now with all the Sandy crap, I'm expecting a big turn-out. I feel like that episode of Family Guy where the leaves change color and Quahog gets invaded by Yankees' fans. The horror!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #209602
Justin
Executive Loser

Where do you live?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #209603
halo7
Powerful Enough

Send a message via AIM to halo7 Send a message via MSN to halo7 Send a message via Yahoo to halo7

Hey.

Welp, see you guys later.
halo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #209604
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

It's that halo guy.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #209605
Neverending
Ducks

I remember him. He used to post in the Smallville thread.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #209606
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Hey halo7, Halo 4 just came out. How long before we get to see you again?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #209607
Frizzo the Clown
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
Hey halo7, Halo 4 just came out. How long before we get to see you again?
Three more games, apparently.
Frizzo the Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #209608
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

Send a message via AIM to Seakazoo

I took Pirate Jim to Banfield to get him enrolled in the Petsmart Wellness Plan and I swear you'd think those people never saw a cat before. They went nuts over how cute he was. One guy even took a picture of him after he had jumped up into a cabinet and laid there. That being said.... LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS!

https://twitter.com/seakazoo My Twitter
https://twitter.com/piratejim2 My cat's Twitter
Seakazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #209609
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Yeah nice looking kitty. I'm going to look at cats tomorrow with my sister.

- pizza should not be this easy to make at home - but I'm glad it is YUM
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #209610
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

So I just picked up my CoD: Black Ops II Care Package Edition and my brother's Hardened Edition at GameStop.

Just in time too, since they closed early tonight (about 16 minutes ago, actually, lol.) I'm in for a long, long night.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Tolkien; 11-13-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #209611
Justin
Executive Loser

For Nine Inch Nails fans:

Even though the time has passed, I thought some of you might be interested in reading some of his responses.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ls_and_how_to/
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #209612
Nilade
In glorious Technicolor

Send a message via AIM to Nilade

Quote:
So I just picked up my CoD: Black Ops II Care Package Edition and my brother's Hardened Edition at GameStop.

Just in time too, since they closed early tonight (about 16 minutes ago, actually, lol.) I'm in for a long, long night.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'd love to pick up COD: Black Ops II, but I just picked up Halo 4 last week and I've barely had time to play it. I'd say I need a vacation, but the worst part is that I'm on one and have worked straight through it. Exhausted to say the least. How's the game?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #209613
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

I was able to afford the Care Package Edition because I put down a little each week when I had extra, and then used my GameStop points and got two $20 gift certificates off the Rewards Zone program. I did the same thing paying off ACIII and Halo 4, lol. Now to work on saving up for Colonial Marines.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #209614
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Halfway through The Wire Season 1. I must say, this show is so...different. I have not really grasped the greatness of it. I get there and sometimes I am pushed away by some moments. However, I love how much this show can really put you into situations. I feel like I am part of this drug running operation as much as I am with solving it. Quite fascinating.

My favorite moment thus far is when McNulty's Sergeant backed him up to the Major in a very...odd but memorable speech.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #209615
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
I was able to afford the Care Package Edition because I put down a little each week when I had extra, and then used my GameStop points and got two $20 gift certificates off the Rewards Zone program. I did the same thing paying off ACIII and Halo 4, lol. Now to work on saving up for Colonial Marines.
Wow that looks like a lot of game, man.

Have fun!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #209616
Justin
Executive Loser

Keep watching, MC, you'll soon understand why it has such a devoted following.

Last edited by Justin; 11-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #209617
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Just filled out my cat adoption application. My sister went to the shelter yesterday to see how accessible they would be for my wheelchair - looks like a go, so this afternoon I am meeting her there to see which cat steps up to greet me.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #209618
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Keep watching, MC, you'll soon understand why it has such a devoted following.
I am most likely going to purchase the entire series. I found it on Amazon for 89 bucks.

I like the dynamics. I'm interested to see how the popular characters become 'popular'. A name I hear a lot being popular is Omar and I have BARELY seen him in the show. I think I'm on episode 5? I believe.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #209619
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

illegally download it, that version sucks. they have still yet to release a half decent transfer of the show.

hbo really sucks when it comes to bringing that show out in a decent quality format.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #209620
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramplate View Post
Just filled out my cat adoption application. My sister went to the shelter yesterday to see how accessible they would be for my wheelchair - looks like a go, so this afternoon I am meeting her there to see which cat steps up to greet me.
YAAAAAAY! I hope you find a great cat.

I just realized I might have to child proof my house. The lady who is coming to look at Michael McDonald has a 13 month old, and it will probably want to come inside. I don't have experience with kids, should I assume everything is a choking hazard and clear the living room? Oh god what if it puts it's mouth on my leather furniture.

Last edited by Seakazoo; 11-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #209621
IanTheCool
Executive Lego Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinTard View Post
illegally download it, that version sucks. they have still yet to release a half decent transfer of the show.

hbo really sucks when it comes to bringing that show out in a decent quality format.
Well, they just released Entourage the complete series on bluray, so hopefully The Wire is in the works at some point. I'd love a complete series blu set.
IanTheCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #209622
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUsubaruchick View Post
YAAAAAAY! I hope you find a great cat.

I just realized I might have to child proof my house. The lady who is coming to look at Michael McDonald has a 13 month old, and it will probably want to come inside. I don't have experience with kids, should I assume everything is a choking hazard and clear the living room? Oh god what if it puts it's mouth on my leather furniture.
I know how you feel. All through my twenties (I'm the youngest of five) I kept reminding myself, "Nice to visit for a little bit, but thank God they go home with YOU."

===================

Well, I adopted Nikki. I think she's 5 years old.

She's been in and out of the shelter a couple of times from what I was told, She has kind of a club foot and walks with a limp, but she has no problem climbing one of those cat trees people put up in their houses so the cats can get higher (most cats like to be above everything ). Anyway, the person at the shelter didn't know of any other reason she had been adopted and dropped back off other than owners were moving and couldn't take her. I have her file in front of me, but I haven't looked at it yet.

When I entered the room, which had about 4 black cats and maybe four other cats, Nikki came right up to my wheelchair and checked it all out and let me pet her.
Most of the others wandered up to me after she did, but were a little more hesitant.
Nikki eventually looked like she wanted to try jumping into my lap, but wasn't sure, so my sister lifted her up and she was nice as pie, started purring, and didn't even freak out when I did the "move test" with my wheelchair.
She's an indoor cat obviously, but maybe I'll get her to sit on the porch with me next summer.
They were ready to let me take her out the door, but I wanted to visit the new Petco store first - I have almost nothing for cats at the moment - so I'm picking her up Friday afternoon.

Last edited by Ramplate; 11-14-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #209623
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

We really should cut pet stores across the nation from selling animals like dogs and cats, and just have people adopt them instead. it's just better in every way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheCool View Post
Well, they just released Entourage the complete series on bluray, so hopefully The Wire is in the works at some point. I'd love a complete series blu set.
Entourage on Blu-Ray BEFORE The Wire? That's just absurd beyond words!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #209624
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Our new Petco has ferrets - Too bad my apartment isn't ferret proof and I really don't have the space - ferrets are fun.
Responsibly run pet shops aren't bad, it's places like puppy mills that need to be closed down.
Most importantly - get your pet fixed! There are too many unwanted litters out there

Yes, everyone should try the shelter first - they really do a good job. They waived the usual adoption fee in this cat's case, as were all of them in that room. The fee (which covers spaying or neutering and initial health checks) generally is determined by the age range of the cat. $60 for a kitten on down to $20 for an older cat, but space is at a premium, as are supplies - I think I'm going to make a donation anyway in memory of Squirt.

Last edited by Ramplate; 11-15-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #209625
Seakazoo
formerly KUacuraChick

Quote:
We really should cut pet stores across the nation from selling animals like dogs and cats, and just have people adopt them instead. it's just better in every way.
Quite a few of the chain pet stores (petsmart and petco) work with adoption centers, so those animals are not coming from amateur breeders. But otherwise I totally agree that pet stores shouldn't be getting animals from breeders.

On a related note, I have not gotten a frantic call from the woman who adopted Michael McDonald last night (they are renaming him Nemo because her 13 month old can say it.... psh, what a stupid name). It was really nice to be able to sleep and have doors open last night and a cuddly kitty on the bed who didn't feel the need to attack out feet in the middle of the night as we slept. I need to hose/bleach out Michael McDonald's littler box so PJ has two bathrooms. I also need more cat trees and scratching posts. So far he has been good about avoiding the leather furniture, but he likes to sharpen his claws on the padded office chair upstairs despite having a horizontal scratcher on the floor.

Anyway, congratulations on the newest member of your family, Ram!