The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 09-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #26
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Choosing Lizard as the main villain was a bad choice, needs to be a stronger villain in the next one.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
Neverending
sex

Marc Webb signed on for the sequel.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
docstop
Hockey Legend

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=95737

What's up with Mary-Jane and Harry Osborn rumours? Seriously, if they are trying to get out of the original movie's shadow this isn't the right way.

Not sure how Electro would play out in a movie either. He's a small potatoes villain. Maybe a lead up sidekick for a more big name one?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #29
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Bring on Venom and Carnage, that would be awesome.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #30
Daniel
Flawed Design

Send a message via AIM to Daniel

I hate the **** out of American Teenager, but, Shailene Woodley is hot as hell. I'm for it.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #31
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I am not sure why they couldn't use Mary Elizabeth Winstead because she is not really that old and I think she could play a teenage role still. The American Teenager girl is not who i am fond of. It does make me wonder what is gonna happen to Gwen though since Emma Stone is returning.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
bbf2
IT'S A TRAP(ezoid)!

Yeah I don't think Electro could carry a movie on his own. Electro as the muscle and Vulture as the brains of the operation, that I could see.

Also introducing Mary Jane and Harry seems like a bad move in my opinion. We've seen more than enough of those two characters from the Raimi films. I'm not sure where else we could go with Harry, and in regards to MJ that will just be used to create romantic tension which I don't really like as a plot device (one of the things I liked about ASM was that there wasn't a lot of romantic soap opera BS in it - Peter and Gwen got together almost immediately, and he told her that he was Spider-Man almost immediately. And then when he told her that he couldn't be with her anymore at the end she immediately figured out "Oh, you're saying that because my father told you to" which was awesome, and then at the end they didn't leave it unresolved and had him flat out say "Yeah, you know what, let's ignore that" which was also awesome).
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #33
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

No seems like the right movie with Mary and Harry. A new way to introduce the old characters is exactly what this franchise needs!

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #34
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I am thinking gwen dies in the comics so maybe Harry is her new man and she still loves Peter and makes a great sacrifice and maybe MJ and Peter are not a couple just her good friends who will connect in the 3rd movie.
I am just not sold on the Actress playing MJ is all.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I hate the **** out of American Teenager, but, Shailene Woodley is hot as hell. I'm for it.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #36
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

Some episodes on her show in the last seasons she seemed puffy in the face and not as cute in seasons 1 .
Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #37
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Jaime Foxx in talks for Electro.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #38
Dhamon22
High Flying Bird

Send a message via AIM to Dhamon22

Interesting...

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.com

@theredboxreport
Dhamon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #39
ScottysAir
Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to ScottysAir Send a message via Yahoo to ScottysAir Send a message via Skype™ to ScottysAir

There is existing thread:

http://forums.comingsoon.net/showthread.php?t=54232
ScottysAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
sshuttari

They should seriously close the storyline for who killed Uncle Ben in the sequel.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #41
sshuttari

year's The Amazing Spider-Man, ComingSoon.net spoke with Webb and confirmed that Foxx is his top choice. Today, Access Hollywood spoke with the actor and learned that, while he's anticipating getting a shot at the role, the deal is still not quite locked.

Fingers crossed it all works out,” Foxx says. "...I have a little daughter, four years old, and what’s crazy is like, this past year she had a birthday where Spider-Man was the theme... I haven’t sprung it on her yet, but she will go crazy!"

The character of Electro has never definitively appeared on the big screen, though some fan speculation has suggested that the mysterious figure (played by Michael Massee) featured in The Amazing Spider-Man's end credits was, in fact, our first look at the character. First appearing in 1964's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #9, Electro's real name is Max Dillon and he has the power to control electricity.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97114

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds cool... I'm definitely interested to see where this goes

Quote:

Old 11-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #42
Dhamon22
High Flying Bird

Send a message via AIM to Dhamon22

Could be interesting. And I agree about the Uncle Ben storyline. Leave it alone.

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.com

@theredboxreport
Dhamon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
Agentdeadpool
New User - Level 0

Im not sure about Electro myself. He was always small time. If he is just the "muscle" with Osborn pulling the strings, then that could work.
Agentdeadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #44
Tornado
Bear Down

I watched ASM again tonight for the first time since seeing it in theaters.

Much better this time around. In fact, I may go so far as to say it's better than any of the three Raimi films. I'm totally on board with this new franchise. Jamie Foxx and Electro both seem like odd choices, but I always liked Electro... just never expected to see him given the big screen treatment.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #45
sshuttari

My only grip in this movie is how Uncle Ben died... Why did he run at the guy with the gun...

Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #46
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
My only grip in this movie is how Uncle Ben died... Why did he run at the guy with the gun...
The he wasn't running at the guy with the gun. Ben heard a disturbance, and walked towards it out of curiosity and concern. Then the robber wound up running towards him, only to trip and fall, losing his gun in the process. Ben then ran towards the gun in order to keep it out of the hands of the criminal. It didn't work out quite as he'd planned, of course.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #47
sshuttari

The scene just looks really weird... Maybe I need to give it another go like Tornado

Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #48
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

still haven't seen the first one, but electro makes me nervous. he is a ridiculous villain.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #49
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Marvel movies tend to borrow heavily from the Ultimate Marvel universe, and in that world Elektro is less goofy. Like so many characters in the Ultimate Universe, Elektro was the result of experiments for a new Super Soldier. In his case, it was Hammer Industries who played with Dillon's genes and turned him into Elektro. Hammer then sold his services to the Kingpin. I suspect this is more along the lines of what we can expect.

Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #50
docstop
Hockey Legend

I still fail to see how that version of Electro is less goofy. Without doubt the original costume would be the laughing-stock of the comic book movie universe if they went there but I also have serious problems with this look too.

Like Franklin, I just don't see Electro on the big screen. I have to declare a bias here in that I saw the TASM and thought it was okay but nowhere near the first two Raimi Spider-Mans. He just doesn't fit into the Spidey universe as a primariy villain. Maybe he isn't the main one in this movie, but I think Sony is using their 3D brains too much, thinking about how great he'll look blasting his electricity here and there in 3D, and less about realism. Yes, it is a comic and realism can go out the window, but when putting together that Electro will probably be a minor villain, why not "keep it real" and bring in the Shocker? Same visual effects and I think he'd look a lot better in a movie than any version of Electro.

And sorry to all if this sounds racist, because its not intended to be, but having a black Electro is an odd choice for the character in retrospect of the character's comic book history.