The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Current Movies, DVDs & Blu-rays

Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default Here Comes The Boom Review Thread

RedLetterMedia said it best (and I paraphrase), "The worst kind of movie is not a very bad movie, it is a movie that is not good nor bad, just forgettable." Unfortunately, this ultimately sums up Kevin James' film Here Comes The Boom. I will admit, I actually looked forward to watching this film. Mainly because the trailer looked somewhat inspiring, Kevin James was in shape and I have a growing fascination if you will with MMA. But this movie was pretty...bland.

Kevin James was fine, giving a decent but not awfully noting performance. The rest of the cast I honestly do not remember anything about. The action was okay, but I have seen better in MMA promoting films. It was a movie that aimed to have heart but never connected. It was a movie that tried to be funny but never actually 'tried'. It was a film that tried to have action...and ultimately did not address it accurately enough.

I was entertained, at parts, so this will keep me from hating it. It was a movie of great disconnect from both reality and the fact that I felt emotionally disconnected. It was kinda cool to see Kevin James in shape though.

D+
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Dhamon22
High Flying Bird

Send a message via AIM to Dhamon22

I'm an MMA fan, this looked like complete garbage.

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.com

@theredboxreport
Dhamon22 is offline   Reply With Quote