The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #176
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
This season on Arrow:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"YOU. HAVE. FAILED. THIS. CITY!"

Sorry, just taking a moment to orgasm.

That was so bad ass. Some great looking **** there. Definitely improves the scope. It looks HUGE. Fight sequences look brilliant for TV and DEATHSTROKE. WOW HE LOOKS GOOD!
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #177
Neverending
Ducks

When the pilot aired, some people complained about Green Arrow's skills. They asked how he learned all that. But that video makes it clear that they'll continue re-visiting the island story. There's more info about his origins. This show is truly the anti-Smallville. Smallville didn't even introduce Krypton and Jor-El till season 2. This show is covering a lot of ground while also establishing Green Arrow as a fully fleshed hero.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #178
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

[quote=FranklinTard;2830527]computer hacking arrows?

That bit was so stupid! They could of dont it so much better! A ****in USB arrow come on!!
Mikey-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #179
Neverending
Ducks

Is this really a deal breaker for you guys?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #180
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

Nope I loved it it was just that part I didn't like but I can deal with that
Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #181
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

It was out there, but Hawkeye already did the same thing in The Avengers, so I guess it's only fair, lol.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #182
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Good point, Tolkien.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #183
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

Yeh that is a point! I forgot about that
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #184
flottanna
Executive Producer

I am a huge DC comics fan and I can tell you that the pilot was pretty damn fatefully to the comics. And he does have computer hacking arrows. The only thing th episode was missing was to discuss where he got all the tech from. In the comics he has a group of three people that help him.
flottanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #185
MasterChief117
The Batman

Still not a fan of the Green Arrow suit. Hopefully it will change in a season or so.

Also, Ollie's bodyguard looks SO familiar and I can't remember from what. I re-watched the season trailer and he gets some gunplay action it looks like.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #186
Ramplate
Muwahahaha!...Hamster.

Just watched it - not bad
"I don't...Am I speaking Russian? How come I'm speaking Russian?"
Ramplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #187
New GL of sector 2814
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
Still not a fan of the Green Arrow suit. Hopefully it will change in a season or so.

Also, Ollie's bodyguard looks SO familiar and I can't remember from what. I re-watched the season trailer and he gets some gunplay action it looks like.
Dude's name is David Ramsey and he's been in everything from The West Wing to Charmed to Dexter and alot more.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #188
MasterChief117
The Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GL of sector 2814 View Post
Dude's name is David Ramsey and he's been in everything from The West Wing to Charmed to Dexter and alot more.
That's where. Thanks. It was driving me nuts.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #189
Neverending
Ducks

Cool

EPISODE 1.02 - HONOR THY FATHER

The pilot had a lot to accomplish in 40 minutes. It needed to set-up the show's premise, establish Green Arrow as a superhero, and introduce all the characters. So, it would have been nice for the 2nd episode to slow down a bit and give everything some breathing room. Instead, it's on autopilot. Oliver has to reject an offer to be part of his father's company, come to terms with his new public persona and how it's hurting the people around him, and battle the Chinese Triads and it's assassin China White (Kelly Hu). And all that is just the Oliver side of the story. I haven't even covered the sub-plots and the continuing flashbacks to the Island. I know this show is supposed to be the Anti-Smallville and part of that means not dragging storylines to the point of annoyance. But let's not take things to the extreme either. A slower and simpler episode would have been more effective. But to give the show some credit, the entertainment value is still pretty high. The action and fight scenes continue to be top-notch. And I hope we get to see more of Kelly Hu. China White and Arrow are definitely due for a rematch.

*** / ****
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #190
MasterChief117
The Batman

Episode 2: 'Honor Thy Father'

I really liked the first episode of 'Arrow' but perhaps did not love it. I felt like it cut some corners, acting was kind of shoddy, the suit was meh and it generally felt cheesy to me. All this being said I was brought back to the second episode because of all superhero shows brought on television, this feels perhaps the most 'ambitious', well designed and very rarely does it ever feel tight and set base, which Smallville in it's final few seasons definitely felt like.

The second episode put the Arrow spin on 'Mobster of the Week'. Nothing new here, however watching Oliver interact and generally trying to find a niche in society was probably one of my favorite parts. The fight sequences in this show are top notch, and perhaps some of the best I have seen on television. I am really starting to become a fan of the interaction between Oliver and his bodyguard. I love how his bodyguard said in paraphrase, "You don't have to treat me like I'm stupid." It felt very Lucius Fox/Batman Begins related. This episode largely had that Batman Begins feel, much like the first episode.

Kelly Hu's character was personally weak and undeveloped but I imagine that will not be the last time we see her. I cannot wait to see Deathstroke in action, and personally, my most anticipated episode of television to come. Generally, I liked this episode and it did it's job, to ultimately entertain me. Job well done.

B

1.01 Pilot: B
1.02 Honor Thy Father: B
Old 10-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #191
Neverending
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
It felt very Lucius Fox/Batman Begins related.
As soon as I saw Applied Sciences I thought he was gonna get the job.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #192
The Kid
Executive Producer

CW expanded Arrow to a full season today.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #193
Ayemef
Executive Producer

and it deserves such

really enjoying the show thus far

Official Website for Tha Next Chapter
where you can purchase albums, singles, merchandise
and download all of our current FREE Mixtapes ! ! !

Also, Don't Forget to BOOKMARK US!
Ayemef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #194
MasterChief117
The Batman

1.03 Lone Gunmen

So far, of all the new shows released this fall I think this one has the most potential for both greatness and entertainment. Three episodes in and it has yet to really grab a hold of that. At this moment, Oliver is really the only interesting character in this world. The attempts to make his Sister, Mother and Best Friend more dynamic have been ineffective in my opinion. His Best Friend, which I take to be the comedic relief has failed to be such. He never really has a lot of jokes or screen time to really be anything 'good'. The love triangle is pretty decent but it has yet to really develop anymore.

The best part of the show for me is when Oliver because Green Arrow. It is action packed, fun to watch and hella entertaining. I was very glad when they had his bodyguard find out his identity. Something I'm sure he was aware of before. I think this in the future will help expand the show further. I really enjoy the action, although I do think this episode was a little weaker in the action department than last episode. Deadshot could've been used better but was still a pretty good character. I liked this episode but it certainly could've been stronger.

B-

1.01 Pilot: B
1.02 Honor Thy Father: B-
1.03 Lone Gunmen: B-
Old 10-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #195
Alien
Space traveler

Send a message via MSN to Alien

I've only watched the pilot. It bugs me that Oliver lives in the Luthor Mantion from Smallville. As if Arrow wasn't Smallville 2.0 before this. Star City (or what ever name they are using) also look too much like Metropolis from Smallville too.

I might try and catch up in November but we'll see.
I always flirt with death
I could be killed, but I don't care about it
Je suis le roi des Dauphins!
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #196
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Are they filming this in Canada as well? If so, it explains why Starling City looks like Metropolis.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #197
Road Warrior
Executive Producer

Green Arrow's new voice is great. They should have given that voice to Christian Bale.
Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #198
MasterChief117
The Batman

Best episode of the season for Arrow. Love how they did Deathstroke.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #199
Mikey-Bizzle
Executive Producer

Yeh think it was my favorite episode so far
Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #200
Neverending
Ducks

I got a little behind but I'm caught up again.

1.03 LONE GUNMEN
The pacing is a major improvement from the previous episode. Deadshot is cool. And I like that Oliver realizes he can't work alone and seeks help. Overall, a pretty neat episode.

***/****

1.04 AN INNOCENT MAN
Oliver killing is something that has always impressed me about this show. Not because I think killing is cool, but because it's a nice change of pace from the usual. Plus, sometimes I think the no-killing rule can be a little silly under certain circumstances. If Batman had killed The Joker the first chance he got, he probably would have saved himself a lot of headaches. But anyway, the producers seem to be aware that making Green Arrow a killer would raise a few eyebrows, so they do their best to explain it. They even have other characters on the show wrestle with the idea. They also bring up the debate of vigilantes and whether or not they're a good thing. Obviously, none of the results are complex or deep or whatever but it's pretty good for a CW show.

***.5/****

1.05 DAMAGED
All throughout the season we've been getting quick flashbacks to the Island. But here's the first episode where it seems to play a big role. The main plot is Oliver getting himself arrested and accused of being Green Arrow. Then sending his bodyguard to do a job as the Arrow and hope that no one will ever put Oliver Queen and Green Arrow together ever again. It's a neat idea, but the `60s Batman show, starring Adam West, used to do similar stuff from time-to-time, so this isn't groundbreaking stuff. The meat of the episode is the flashbacks where Oliver encounters Deathstroke for the first time.

***/****

1. Pilot
2. An Innocent Man
3. Lone Gunmen
4. Damaged
5. Honor Thy Father