The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Star Wars

Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #201
JBond
Beyond

Send a message via AIM to JBond

Let's just say Qui-Gon was really liberal and made that **** up. If the scene had gone any longer, Qui-Gon would have shown Anakin his manifesto.

"There's someone in my head but it's not me."
JBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #202
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok Droppings View Post
What I really hope they somehow get away from is the STUPID midichlorian explanation crap of the Force. That was the stupidest idea (maybe even dumber than Jar Jar) that Lucas ever had. "Hi, I have this disease called 'the force', wanna see me levitate your dress baby?" Maybe they could come up with some explanation that Qui Gon was actually a former mental patient and didn't truly explain that to Anakin and was just off his medical droid injections while stuck on the planet.
That would certainly explain his behavior, particularly on Tatooine. Nothing Qui Gon did there made the slightest bit of sense.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #203
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Nothing in the entire prequels made the slightest bit of sense.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #204
JBond
Beyond

Except Anakin killing that kid. He had it coming.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #205
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Send a message via AIM to morpheus1987 Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus1987

Maybe Episode VII will do what the new Star Trek and wipe out everything from the prequels. Although black holes and time travel might be a little too sophisticated for the Star Wars universe.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #206
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Harrison Ford wants to be in the new Star Wars.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #207
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Except Anakin killing that kid. He had it coming.
You mean the "Younglings"? Even the name "younglings" makes me cringe with stupidity.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #208
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Looks like Michael Arndt is going to write the script. I think Disney has to set a good tempo right off the bat with the first one. If the first one is done right, I think they will win those skeptical fans over pretty quickly.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #209
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
Harrison Ford wants to be in the new Star Wars.
This is going to pretty much paint Disney into a corner when it comes to the casting of Episode VII. Now that the fan base knows Ford is up for it, we won't settle for one without him in it. If you've got the original Han, you've got to have the original Luke & Leia as well. Start dieting, you two!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #210
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

http://m.deadline.com/2012/11/next-s...michael-arndt/

Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3, Hunger Games 2) is writing the script. He also penned a treatment for the two follow-ups.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #211
NicoDK
Director

Kennedy and George Lucas discuss the next steps in making new Star Wars movies, including selecting a director and what Lucas' role will be.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
NicoDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #212
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Broken link
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #213
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

Found the proper link from the page source code:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #214
Deexan
Reflektor

Zak Snyder has distanced himself from the project, as have Spielberg and Tarantino. Tarantino's 'Star Wars'. I'd have paid good money for that s**t.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #215
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Nothing would be in order, the final fight would actually open the film and there'd be more kung fu. ****, count me in.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #216
Neverending
Ducks

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/next...michael-arndt/

LucasFilm confirmed today that Michael Arndt will be writing the next Star Wars movie. In a brief post on Starwars.com, the company said that Arndt, who wrote the screenplay for Hunger Games: Catching Fire and won an Oscar for writing Little Miss Sunshine, will be the only screenwriter on the first Star Wars movie since 2005′s Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith. Previously it looked like Arndt would be one of a number of writers on Star Wars Episode VII.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #217
Nilade
In glorious Technicolor

Send a message via AIM to Nilade

Quote:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/next...michael-arndt/

LucasFilm confirmed today that Michael Arndt will be writing the next Star Wars movie. In a brief post on Starwars.com, the company said that Arndt, who wrote the screenplay for Hunger Games: Catching Fire and won an Oscar for writing Little Miss Sunshine, will be the only screenwriter on the first Star Wars movie since 2005′s Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith. Previously it looked like Arndt would be one of a number of writers on Star Wars Episode VII.
I'm still sticking with Joseph Kosinski as the pick for director. He and Michael Arndt are both involved in the upcoming Oblivion, which happens to be a pretty high profile film. Maybe Tron:Legacy didn't live up to everyone's expectations, but it wasn't a movie for everyone. It was the sequel to a movie that came out 28 years before it and, although critics hated it, the fan feedback was positive. Kosinski is a good director, paired with a decent writer and material, he could be great. Maybe when Oblivion comes out it will change people's minds. Whatever the case, it sounds like we're going to find out real soon who the next director is.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #218
Neverending
Ducks

You could be right.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #219
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!

how can you say the guy that made tron legacy is a good director when he has literally nothing else on his resume? tron legacy is terrible, from the plot to the soundtrack.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #220
Ewok Droppings
Starfleet Captain

I'm with Tard on this one - how can anyone possibly say Kosinski is a good director? He's directed one movie that's come out so far and it totally sucked. By those standards, should we consider Uwe Boll? He's had MANY movies out that have sucked, so that's like Kosinski x 20.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #221
Nilade
In glorious Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok Droppings View Post
I'm with Tard on this one - how can anyone possibly say Kosinski is a good director? He's directed one movie that's come out so far and it totally sucked. By those standards, should we consider Uwe Boll? He's had MANY movies out that have sucked, so that's like Kosinski x 20.
Well, I can say that Kosinski's a good director for the same reason that, with all due respect, you can say that the movie sucked, because we are entitled to our opinions. People either loved it or hated it. It received a 51% from Rotten Tomatoes, which was 119 positive reviews and 111 negative reviews. It also received an audience rating of 67%. When I saw it at the El Capitan opening night, the audience loved it. Same response when I saw it again a week later. Of course, it was mostly fanboys, but that's still a good sign, no? And the biggest reason for the negative critical response wasn't for the direction, it was for the poor character development, which is mainly the responsibility of the writers. Most of the reviews, even the negative ones, actually praised the look of the movie as well as the action sequences (read the reviews). And, like I stated in an earlier post, if paired with a good writer, Kosinski has the potential to be a great director. The writer that has already been confirmed for Episode VII is Michael Arndt, who also happens to be the same writer that Universal hired to do the rewrite for Oblivion, which Kosinski is also directing.

And the only standards that compare him to Uwe Boll are your standards, based on your opinion. Uwe Boll is a b-movie director. Always has been, always will be. That's why he will never have a major studio, such as Universal, who bought the film rights of Oblivion from Disney, backing him with a $150 million budgeted film like they are doing with Joseph Kosinski for Oblivion.

And yes, until Oblivion comes out, Kosinski's directed only one movie, which you didn't like. But, from what I've been reading, the popular opinion is that Disney will probably use an up and coming director over a big name director, and that's exactly what Kosinski is. Look at Jon Favreau. He had a hit with Elf, but then he went and directed Zathura. The film cost $65 million to make, but its worldwide gross was only $64 million. It didn't even make its money back. Yet, for his next film, Marvel entrusted him to helm the $140 million Iron Man, which went on to become a worldwide hit. Kosinski directed Tron: Legacy which, as someone posted earlier, cost $170 million to make, but went on to have a worldwide gross of over $400 million for a total profit of $230 million.

Now I'm not saying that I'm right and that you, Tard, and Drac are wrong. I'm merely stating the reasons that I think Kosinski is a good director and could be a possible contender to direct Episode VII. Maybe after Oblivion comes out our opinions might change altogether, but I guess that remains to be seen.

Last edited by Nilade; 11-11-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Nilade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #222
Neverending
Ducks

I'm on Team Nilade.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #223
Nilade
In glorious Technicolor

Quote:
I'm on Team Nilade.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #224
JBond
Beyond

Nilade has a team now?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #225
Nilade
In glorious Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond View Post
Nilade has a team now?
I was actually going for something more like a cult...