The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > MAIN GATE > Technical Support

Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
bbf2
IT'S A TRAP(ezoid)!

Default iPhone game noise cancellation question

Does anyone know why certain iPhone game applications cancel your music (or podcast) noise when you open them and why other ones don't?

Games like Temple Run, all the Angry Birds iterations, Battle Monkeys, and most of the Zynga apps allow you to continue to listen to your music/podcasts while you play them, but a lot of other ones cancel them out completely even if you're on quiet mode and have turned the sound off for that game.

It's very annoying, I want to be able to listen to my music/podcasts while I play these games and I want to stop the noise cancellations that they have.

By far the weirdest one is "Gems with Friends," all of the other Zynga apps (Words with Friends, Scramble, Matching) allow me to continue with my music/podcasts 100% of the time but Gems for some reason cancels the noise half the time but not the other half. Bizarre. There are also a lot of games that cancel your other noise 100% of the time which is frustrating.

Does anyone know if there's a trick to allow your music/podcasts to continue to play during every possible game?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Deexan
Reflektor

I don't have an iPhone.

HTH!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf2 View Post
Does anyone know if there's a trick to allow your music/podcasts to continue to play during every possible game?
I don't know about every game of course, but several of the games on my iPhone do have a work around. If you go to the options menu of the game, there is sometimes a My Music item, which can be switched on or off. This will allow you to listen to one of your playlists instead of the in-game soundtrack.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
bbf2
IT'S A TRAP(ezoid)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstaar View Post
I don't know about every game of course, but several of the games on my iPhone do have a work around. If you go to the options menu of the game, there is sometimes a My Music item, which can be switched on or off. This will allow you to listen to one of your playlists instead of the in-game soundtrack.
I always turn the music off of games, unfortunately several of them STILL cancel out my sound.