The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > Movies Coming Soon

Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
NicoDK
Director

Default The Expendables 3 (in the works)!!!

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/1...een-light.html

EX2 BEATS BATMAN AND SPIDER-MAN, EX3 IS IN THE WORKS!!! FROM LA TIMES China's battle of the superheroes ended up being won by ... a group of aging action stars.In a surprising outcome, "The Expendables 2" has outgrossed both "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" in China. The ensemble action movie starring Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li has grossed $54 million in China as of Sunday, according to research firm Artisan Gateway. "The Expendables 2" opened in the world's most populous nation Sept. 4. "It's phenomenal what's happening in China with this movie," said Avi Lerner, whose Millennium Films made "The Expendables 2." Millennium hoped to make the sequel with a Chinese partner, but the co-production deal fell apart at the last minute, Lerner said. The co-production rules treat such films as local productions, not foreign films. Such an arrangement would have given Millennium an even greater share of the film's Chinese revenues. "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man," which Chinese authorities scheduled to open in a controversial head-to-head matchup one week earlier in China, have grossed $52.5 million and $48.5 million there, respectively. China Film Group's decision to open the Spider-Man and Batman films on the same date was a move by the state-owned firm to limit the box office receipts of U.S. imports, which have far outpaced local productions in the first half of the year. Those were among the most popular pictures of the year in the U.S. and Canada. Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight Rises" has grossed $445 million domestically, while Sony Pictures' "The Amazing Spider-Man" has collected $262 million. "The Expendables 2" has grossed a much more modest $84 million domestically. In China, it's the eighth-highest grossing film of the year, while "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" are No. 9 and No. 10, respectively. "Titanic 3-D" remains No. 1 with $146 million. Artisan Gateway President Rance Pow said ticket sales for the two superhero films were limited because they opened against each other. Twentieth-Century Fox's science-fiction picture "Prometheus" opened a week later, on Sept. 2. By contrast, no other big-budget American import opened against "The Expendables 2" on Sept. 4, and none have opened since. No others are scheduled until "The Bourne Legacy" on Oct. 25, as China appears to again be in the midst of an unofficial "blackout period," during which no American films are being imported. Raymond Zhou, a film critic for China Daily and other publications, attributed the success of "The Expendables 2" to the popularity of ensemble casts, which are common in Chinese productions -- the ensemble includes Hong Kong action star Jet Li and Chinese actress Yu Nan -- and local audiences' enthusiasm for stars who are considered more over the hill in the United States. “This is a perfect movie for Chinese audiences," he said. "Just like over-the-hill singers can find a market in Vegas, over-the-hill movie stars can find a market in China." The original "Expendables" was a surprise success in China, grossing $32 million. However, producer Millennium was not able to secure one of the country's coveted quota slots for imported movies, which allow producers to share in box office revenue, but generally no more than 24% of a film's gross ticket sales. Instead, Millennium sold the first "Expendables" film outright to a local distributor for about $600,000.

This time, Lerner said, Millennium should take home about $10 million from China for "The Expendables 2," and he hopes the returns will be even better for a third "Expendables" film, which is now in the works. "You have to remember," Lerner said, "once China likes something, they keep going."
NicoDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
SnuffTheRooster
Grip

I really hope they get Nic Cage as the villain.
SnuffTheRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
NicoDK
Director

THE EXPENDABLES 3 CONFIRMED!!

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/1...confirmed.html

Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

Mechanic 2? Sweet!!!!!
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I think Mel Gibson would be a great Villain instead of Cage. Cage seems to flop every movie he is in lately.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #6
NicoDK
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVader 2004 View Post
I think Mel Gibson would be a great Villain instead of Cage. Cage seems to flop every movie he is in lately.
Gibson or Travolta. I dont like Cage.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
mclainfa1
New User - Level 0

Just waiting for free source
mclainfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
deasey_amber
Grip

This will surely be another blockbuster! I love how the casting was made. It's an all star action power packed!
deasey_amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Matrix_Fan
The One (Kinda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoDK View Post
The Mechanic 2 was the one that caught my eye. If Statham and Simon West come back, I'm all for it.

Expendables 3 though...of course I'm there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlandBellProductions
Matrix_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Justin
Executive Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoDK View Post
I dont like Cage.
Does not compute.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
JaceyCarter
Banned Status

This movie is still in queue and there lots of remoure about Nicolas Cage and other star cast. They have not announce the star cast and the release date. But we can hope for the best movie.
JaceyCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
Trench
Grip

This is to bad since I heard from several people, during The Last Stand premiere, that The Expendables 3 has been put on hold because they cant find enough actors to be in it ..

Anyway ..

Jackie Chan talks Expendables 3!

http://youtu.be/bdKyjBcX-Fw?t=3m42s

Last edited by Fanible; 01-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Trench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
docstop
Hockey Legend

I'm hoping Cage stays out of this one.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #14
Trench
Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by docstop View Post
I'm hoping Cage stays out of this one.
Well at the moment there is no movie, so thats pretty simple.
Trench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #15
Ayemef
Executive Producer

-x-

Official Website for Tha Next Chapter
where you can purchase albums, singles, merchandise
and download all of our current FREE Mixtapes ! ! !

Also, Don't Forget to BOOKMARK US!

Last edited by Ayemef; 06-24-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Ayemef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
gufte
Grip

Default Expendables Fan Series

Hi guys, I'm new to the board.

My brother and I are in the process of developing a little mini series based on the Expendables. It's just basic fan art. Right now we're checking our brains to see where we can go from here. We have some ideas and plans for the look as we are aiming for a darker tone than the originals.
This is a little tease just to show you where this might be going. The clips really (!!) short and just an appetizer in these times of waiting for Ex3 to come out
Comments are welcome of course. If you have a Youtube account we'd appreciate a quick subscribe, like, or share.

Teaser 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ae0Vk8L9Y

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Teaser2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMvsLTesok
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Teaser3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZPJktGvcA
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
gufte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
gufte
Grip

New teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpqtd1uP2y4

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
gufte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
Deexan
Reflektor

Quote:
While in Cannes this year, we had the opportunity to talk to Jackie Chan, and to ask him about the chances that he'll turn up in The Expendables 3. While excited by the idea, he was a little non-committal on the subject, but is now, according to The Wrap, in “advanced negotiations” alongside Nicholas Cage, Wesley Snipes and Milla Jovovich.

This is the first time that Jovovich’s name has cropped up in connection with the movie, though Sly has said that he was looking to add more of a female dynamic to the third outing. And she certainly brings enough arse-kicking credentials from her work on the Resident Evil franchise and elsewhere.

As for Chan, Cage and Snipes, they’ve all been talked about for ages, but never seemed to really be in contention. Perhaps we really will finally get to see them all share the screen? A bigger question is can they finally make an Expendables movie that actually lives up to the fun premise?

Red Hill director Patrick Hughes is the man charged with carrying out that particular brief, with a start date pencilled in for August.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37693
But you know it's just an act
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63589

Ooooookay.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Neverending
sex

Harrison Ford in, Bruce Willis out.
12:55 AM

^ 10 years. LOL.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

Willis is pretty busy and frankly here lately he needs to take some time off and pick better stuff for he seems to phone in his lines at times.

Personally I would rather see Arnald sit this one out so maybe can get an Old Eastwood, or a Mel Gibson.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #22
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

They have Mel Gibson already.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

No hes in Machete Kills. I know Nick Cage was Rumored but didn't hear anything about Gibson. There was some talk he may be asked to Direct but I mean act in the Expendables.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
SnoBorderZero
There is no bathroom

Send a message via AIM to SnoBorderZero

Bruce Willis has had numerous clunkers lately (this year alone an awful showing with the new Die Hard, Red 2, and the crappy new GI Joe) so him being gone is a blessing. Mel Gibson as the villain would be hilarious, he could totally make fun of himself while delivering a comic maniacal performance. I'd love it.
SnoBorderZero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #25
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I am wondering if Willis left because he didn't want to work with Gibson and maybe Harrison will be another CIA Agent and he said sure why not.

I am wondering if maybe we are gonna see Arnalds unit this time and Cage and Bandaras and so on are in his unit and really Mel likely does not need a lacky.