The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE STUDIO > General Movies

Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #901
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Call me crazy, but... this forum could really use some 'Like' buttons. And character limits too. lol.

Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #902
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Send a message via AIM to PsYkOoOoO Send a message via MSN to PsYkOoOoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
The Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut is one of the reasons Ridley Scott is one of my favorite filmmakers.
Why have I not watched this yet?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #903
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
Call me crazy but "Kingdom of Heaven" director's Cut is the best film Ridley Scott has ever made. Yes better then Alien, Gladiator, and Blade Runner.
Call Me Crazy but i never thought anything was wrong with the movie before the directors cut. I think people missed out on a really great movie here. It just was not a comic book or pop cultured targeted movie.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #904
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

RedVader does it again!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #905
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

WTF are you talking about, RedVader? Your post doesn't (and never) make sense.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #906
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I said there was nothing wrong with the Kingdom Of Heaven to really need a Directors Cut. Its certainly is a bonus to have a longer cut. Its just that i think KOH was a really great movie.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #907
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

It was a great movie... but the Director's Cut was a lot better!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #908
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

Theatrical version is crap compared to the directors cut. I'm sorry but your way off on this one RedVader and I'm not going to try and figure out what your talking about...

Quote:
The Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut is one of the reasons Ridley Scott is one of my favorite filmmakers.
Woah! I remember you picked that movie for CS Club when I made a list for you... Crazy I remember that after all these years

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.

Last edited by sshuttari; 04-15-2012 at 04:03 AM.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #909
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

There's crazy, and then there's RedVader.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #910
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I am only crazy because you guys think i am wrong and sadly enough i am usually the one alone in my opinions. I really don't care if anyone thinks i am crazy or whatever. I just kinda get tired of Vader getting the crap for a different opinion then the Population that CS Domain may have on certain movies or what not.

I am pretty sure people thought Stephan King and JRR Tolkein were crazy to until they became famous. Not that i will be famous. Its just what determins Crazy. In this case you guys think my taste in movies suck. Not sure that rates me as insane.

Last edited by DarthVader 2004; 04-15-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #911
PG Cooper
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVader 2004 View Post
I am only crazy because you guys think i am wrong and sadly enough i am usually the one alone in my opinions. I really don't care if anyone thinks i am crazy or whatever. I just kinda get tired of Vader getting the crap for a different opinion then the Population that CS Domain may have on certain movies or what not.

I am pretty sure people thought Stephan King and JRR Tolkein were crazy to until they became famous. Not that i will be famous. Its just what determins Crazy. In this case you guys think my taste in movies suck. Not sure that rates me as insane.
I think your taking this too seriously.

CS! Recod Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes).

April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

"Terminator 2's a pretty awesome movie."- Paul Thomas Anderson
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #912
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I take movies seriously at times because you gotta have passion for them I think. To be an avid movie nerd sometimes you gotta have some fire because chances are you likely will be some films only fan.

Call me Crazy But Does it bother anyone else that George Lucas made Anakin so wimpy and thus making Vader a bit less menacing.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #913
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Hey you embody the spirit of this thread. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #914
MasterChief117
The Batman

Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117

Quote:

I like the subtle pat on the back you gave yourself right there. You are entitled to your opinion, every person on the planet is. However, just because you are, doesn't make it right, and because you choose to make it public, does not mean it won't be scrutinized. Your opinion is your opinion, we all understand that. Embrace it, instead of getting so upset when people poke fun at you.

Quote:
I take movies seriously at times because you gotta have passion for them I think. To be an avid movie nerd sometimes you gotta have some fire because chances are you likely will be some films only fan.

Call me Crazy But Does it bother anyone else that George Lucas made Anakin so wimpy and thus making Vader a bit less menacing.

I think we all feel that way. Vader was a menacing figure in the original trilogy. He was the epitome of evil up till the Return of the Jedi. He brought on this sort of cool want to be a bad guy, and yet you understood why everyone feared him. When I watch the prequel movies, I find it so hard to see the gray area between the two. The transition if you will. It more or less was just a whiney ***** who turned evil because of peer pressure. Nothing even remotely close to what Obi Won said it was in the original trilogy.
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #915
PG Cooper
Raging Bull

Quote:
I'd call you crazy if it didn't bother you.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #916
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

For the record, I have no problems with RedVader's crazy talk. I love it. Hahaha.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #917
Dracula
Bloodgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
I'd call you crazy if it didn't bother you.
Call me crazy, but it didn't bother me... exactly. The whole point of twist of having Darth Vader be Luke's father was that he was once a good man who was tempted by evil. We always knew that he wasn't like Darth Vader his entire life so I'm not sure why people were so shocked to see that he was once an innocent child and a brash young person. I do think that Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen were very bad in their respective roles and that Anakin, but I'm not on board with this notion that Anakin should have been anything like Darth Vader in the prequels. Just keep in mind that Luke effing Skywalker was this guy's seed.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #918
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
Why have I not watched this yet?
If you like historical epics you'll love it. I remember watching the original cut in theaters and thinking to myself 'it's so obvious that this was chopped to hell in the cutting room.' I enjoyed it but certainly didn't love it. The Directors Cut is night and day. There are entire characters and storylines that aren't even mentioned in the theatrical cut that really round out the rough edges that existed before. If you're a fan of Braveheart or Gladiator you'll really enjoy it, it stands right alongside them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
Woah! I remember you picked that movie for CS Club when I made a list for you... Crazy I remember that after all these years
You did? Wow, well your memory is certainly better than mine. Definitely one of my favorite picks of the movies I've seen in the film club.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #919
PsYkOoOoO
Exceptionally Normal

Quote:
If you like historical epics you'll love it. I remember watching the original cut in theaters and thinking to myself 'it's so obvious that this was chopped to hell in the cutting room.' I enjoyed it but certainly didn't love it. The Directors Cut is night and day. There are entire characters and storylines that aren't even mentioned in the theatrical cut that really round out the rough edges that existed before. If you're a fan of Braveheart or Gladiator you'll really enjoy it, it stands right alongside them.
So why was it watered down to the theatrical edition? What happened?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #920
sshuttari

The Studio wanted a shorter film cuz it came out in summer and they thought the best way to do it was keep all the epic battles and cut the storyline short too make more profit. Only it ended up being a horrible decision and you could tell even in the Director's Cut Ridley Scott said this is the real film and that was the Studio's film.

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #921
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
So why was it watered down to the theatrical edition? What happened?
It would be hard to explain without going into specifics, but like I said the story is just much more fleshed out. For example, in the theatrical version Bailian is on the road to Jerusalem with the Crusaders like 6 minutes into the film. In the DC it's about 20 minutes, and you learn that the priest Balian kills is his jealous brother (I'm pretty sure that wasn't featured in the theatrical trailer). You also learn that one of the reasons the soldiers in France attack Liam Neesons crusaders is because the lord of the French village is Liam Neeson's brother and if Liam Neeson dies he inherits the lands in Jerusalem. Stuff like that that makes it more intriguing, gives much more motive and purpose to the characters.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #922
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

Oh, I completely misunderstood your question but sshuttari seems to have answered it. Well, take my post for what it's worth.

I really think they should just stop selling the theatrical version completely and strictly sell the directors cut.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #923
sshuttari

Quote:

You did? Wow, well your memory is certainly better than mine. Definitely one of my favorite picks of the movies I've seen in the film club.
Yeah but you introduced me too "Unforgiven" I think were even

Quote:

Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #924
PG Cooper
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
Call me crazy, but it didn't bother me... exactly. The whole point of twist of having Darth Vader be Luke's father was that he was once a good man who was tempted by evil. We always knew that he wasn't like Darth Vader his entire life so I'm not sure why people were so shocked to see that he was once an innocent child and a brash young person. I do think that Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen were very bad in their respective roles and that Anakin, but I'm not on board with this notion that Anakin should have been anything like Darth Vader in the prequels. Just keep in mind that Luke effing Skywalker was this guy's seed.
I'm all for making him a good person, but did they need to make him a whiny *****? I don't think so.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #925
Nick1988
Executive Producer

The problem with Anakin was the acting, really no better way of putting it, Hayden did a really bad job, yes he was whiny, but it's even worst when he is whiny and horribly acted, I feel he had the look, Hayden Christeneson def had the look of a troubled person, but man his acting was awful.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote