The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Neverending
sex

Arrow Iron Man 3

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/shan...ls-iron-man-3/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: The ever secretive Marvel Studios is in final negotiations with Shane Black to direct Iron Man 3 set to be released on May 3, 2013. As you know , IM1 and IM2 director Jon Favreau begged off to helm Magic Kingdom at Disney so his relationship with the franchise ran its course. Shane is first and foremost a writer but it's not clear whether he'll be penning the IM3 script as well. "That's not figured out," our source says. Of course, everyone in and around Marvel is keeping mum. But Black has a long relationship with Robert Downey Jr since Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Not only did Shane make his directing debut on the 2005 cult favorite he co-wrote, but it helped re-launch Downey Jr’s career. When news leaked out that Marvel was meeting with several directors including Shane, fanboys approved. So they should exult now that negotiations are wrapping up with Black's agency WME and manager David Greenblatt's GreenLit Creative. We recall the days way back when that unknown Black submitted a spec script over the transom to Greenblatt who was then a young ICM lit agent. Greenblatt in those days read scripts by wannabes and the two became an inseparable team that continues to this day. (For the uninitiated, Greenblatt was one of the founders of Endeavor, which is now WME.) Black was the screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 and The Last Boy Scout, and, in the 1980s and 1990s one of the highest paid writers in the action genre. He then decided to go have a life and segue into directing as well. Shane is back and busy now. He's working on Doc Savage, Sony's action project based on the classic pulp hero, and Warner Bros Warner Bros recently hired him to direct a live action adaptation of the Japanese manga series Death Note and oversee a script that’s being written by Anthony Bagarozzi and Charles Mondry, his accomplices on Doc Savage. So let this be a lesson to all you agents who get so arrogant about out-of-the-blue submissions: read every wannabe's screenplay you can get your hands on.
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
PG Cooper
Nixon's back, baby!

Shane Black is such a perfect fit for this series.

CS! Record Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes). April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

AFI: Top 100 (98), Top 10 (Gangster, Science-Fiction).

Best Picture Nominees: 1953, 1962, 1976, 1985, 1989, 1997, 2000, 2003-2013.

Blog, letterboxd, twitter.
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Fresh Prince
Executive Producer

I liked what last part of the article said, read every wannabe script. Its so true may find something good. Anyways Shane Black is right for the series and LW films and LBS were awesome.
Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
Shane Black is such a perfect fit for this series.
We might have to register Tony Stark as a lethal weapon.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
ScottysAir
Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to ScottysAir Send a message via Yahoo to ScottysAir Send a message via Skype™ to ScottysAir

Could be very interested to watched new Iron Man 3 movie. I wasn't sure about this one. If there is a possible to started new Star Wars: Episode 7, 8, 9.
ScottysAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
Coulson080101112
New User - Level 0

I think Ken Wannatabe who played the Ra's Al Ghul decoy in Batman Begins would be a good choice for The Mandarin
Coulson080101112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
ScottysAir
Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to ScottysAir Send a message via Yahoo to ScottysAir Send a message via Skype™ to ScottysAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulson080101112 View Post
I think Ken Wannatabe who played the Ra's Al Ghul decoy in Batman Begins would be a good choice for The Mandarin
Really? This is willing able to plays the movies? I wasn't sure if Ken Wannatabe will able join Dark Knight Rises. If he does have a chance to plays the movies.
ScottysAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
Jason Krueger
mmmm brains

Send a message via AIM to Jason Krueger Send a message via MSN to Jason Krueger

His character from Batman Begins is dead so there's no chance of him appearing in Rises.
Jason Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
Neverending
sex

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/marv...-man-3-script/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Drew Pearce has been chosen by Marvel Studios to write Iron Man 3. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his signature Tony Stark role, and Marvel recently locked Downey's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang helmer Shane Black to direct. Pearce got the job after writing the script for Runaways, a Marvel project based on the cult comic by Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan about children of super villains who try to use their evil powers for heroic purposes. Pearce is the British writer who created the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, who aren't allowed to use their superpowers while drinking. That project had Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist director Pete Sollett attached and seemed on a fast track. It is still at Marvel, but the company is concentrating on its other big superhero franchises first.

Pearce is in talks to jump on one of Marvel's biggest hits, and I'm told the plan is for him to start from scratch and work closely with Black. Iron Man 3 will be released May 3, 2013 through Disney.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
Clark Savage Jr
Executive Producer

I haven't had a chance to see the NO HEROICS series. So I don't know if this writer is good or not (I'm afraid the name doesn't ring a bell for me). Don't know if this latest news is good or not at this time.
Clark Savage Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
Neverending
sex

Thumbs up

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/scarle...-in-iron-man-3

Quote:
“The storyline is being described by writer-director Shane Black as being a Tom Clancy-thriller,” says the call-out, “with Iron Man fighting real world villains.”
That's... better.

Quote:
Black is also quoted on what Marvel are looking for him to resolve, after the muted response to Iron Man 2.

“The studio wasn't happy with the result of Iron Man 2,” he said. “That pretty much came about due to a rushed production schedule in an attempt to hit a release date rather than simply make a good film, but I digress. Iron Man 3 will not be another, ‘two men in iron suits fighting each other.’”
Wow. That is the best possible news about this movie.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

Very promising.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Glad to hear that they recognize there's more out there for Tony to face than just other baddies trying to create knock-offs of his suit. The desire of others to emulate Stark's success outside of Stark Industries certainly makes sense, but now that they've dealt with that concept it's time to move on. Plenty of other story possibilities out there.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Neverending
sex

Indeed. And I like that Tony will face grounded villains again, like in the original.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
Neverending
sex

Exclamation

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89007

Quote:
Ben Kingsley, who starred in last year's Hugo and who is now filming Ender's Game, is said to be in final negotiations to play the villain in Shane Black's Iron Man 3. Variety has the news, saying that Kingsley's part is that of someone tied to nanobot technology and is specifically not the comic book foe, the Mandarin.

Written by Drew Pearce and Black, Iron Man 3 will again star Robert Downey as Tony Stark and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. It is slated to begin production shortly in North Carolina with a release date of May 3, 2013.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
Doomsday
Rejected Reelie Host

Nice, I like Ben Kingsley a lot.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
Neverending
sex

I wonder if he'll be connected to the Ten Rings.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #18
morpheus1987
I like turtles

Send a message via AIM to morpheus1987 Send a message via Skype™ to morpheus1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
I wonder if he'll be connected to the Ten Rings.
I hope so. It would be nice if they could tie this to the first film.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Neverending
sex

Yup. We need Iron Man blowing up tanks in the Middle East again.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
thebtskink
PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET

Send a message via AIM to thebtskink

He's specifically not The Mandarin though, so if they can fit him in with the Ten Rings there, might be a challenge. Or I guess they could do Temugin.

Screw realism, I want MODOK.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #21
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebtskink View Post
Screw realism, I want MODOK.
If they do any freakish evil scientist in future Marvel Studios films, I'd expect it to be Arnim Zola since he was in Captain America.

Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Tornado
Bear Down

I think if Cap squares off against an evil scientist in his sequel, I bet it would be Baron Zemo.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Neverending
sex

They're filming in China. I guess the Mandarin might show up after all.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
Nick1988
Executive Producer

I doubt they make Mandarin a chinese villain, China wouldn't allow it, didn't they not allow screenings of The Dark Knight because a chinese person played a minor bad guy?
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1988 View Post
didn't they not allow screenings of The Dark Knight because a chinese person played a minor bad guy?
They filmed in Hong Kong nonetheless.