The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > FRANCHISES & GENRES > Comic Book Adaptations

Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1051
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

It's never too soon to start promoting a summer blockbuster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88833
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #1052
Neverending
sex

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/04/09...an-easter-egg/

Quote:
The internet campaign to land "Community" star Donald Glover the coveted role of Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man" may not have been successful, but the Twitter-cause did help influence some of the decoration in Spidey's bedroom.

Director Marc Webb revealed during several interviews that he included some references to Glover inside the set decoration of Peter Parker's bedroom. When MTV News spoke with Glover, he said that he was aware of the Easter egg, but couldn't reveal too much else about it.

"I was pretty aware of the Easter egg that Marc Webb put in there because he asked me—I guess when they were filming it—if it was ok to do it." Glover said. "I was like 'Sure.' For some reason, I didn't think they needed to ask my permission, but I guess they did. So there's some stuff in Spider-Man's bedroom that's reflective of his musical or television taste."

While Glover could confirm that there is something included in Peter's room, he couldn't say what exactly. "I don't know. I'm not allowed to talk about it. I had to sign some stuff, but I think it's pretty dope," he said.

Glover even joked that Peter could have DVDs from "30 Rock," the show he wrote for before starring on "Community." "He has all the '30 Rock' DVDs, and he has my name circled on all of them. It's like a 'Cape Fear' thing where he's doing pushups and stuff and it's kind of like he's out for me."
Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #1053
Neverending
sex

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-am...s-origin-story

Quote:
The Amazing Spider-Man has made much of its telling of "the untold story" in its press materials, and director Marc Webb has revealed that a slightly different origin story will play out across his movie and its potential sequels.

"I wanted to give the audience something new, so that started off with getting underneath the parents’ story, which will unfold over probably a few movies,” Webb told MTV. “We don’t totally wrap up that story in this first movie. It’s sort of an ongoing mystery. That was something that was interesting to me.”

The death of Peter Parker's parents was never really dealt with in Sam Raimi's adaptation, but according to Webb, it was one of the key elements that drew him to the film.

"There are elements that we were very conscious of,” he says, “but it all emanated from [the idea of] this kid who got left behind by his parents many, many years before. I thought that was interesting enough for me to explore."

"This is probably a reveal,” he continues, “but there is no wrestling match in this movie. The character is evolving in a different way. It’s about finding a balance between iconic elements of the Spider-Man mythology. Uncle Ben’s death transforms him emotionally, but it happens in a different way."

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in the UK on 4 July 2012.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #1054
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Right, but it's still an origin story, whether its a littler different or not, fact of the matter is that it comes down to peter parker being bit a by a spider and becoming spider-man.
Nick1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #1055
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

I just don't think it can be as impactful to comic movies as Raimi movie. The movie may be good but I don't think it will be as good as Spider-Man 1 or 2. It can give us good stories sure but it can't be as good as what was never really messed up.
Spider-man 3 wasn't the best but it was still pretty good entertainment wise.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #1056
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Yeah it def won't be as impactful as the Raimi movies, i mean that was the first time we saw Spider-man on the big screen, the whole wow factor of seeing Spider-man on screen has gone away.

Beating a dead horse on this , but rebooting this franchise is the dumbest thing ever
Old 04-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #1057
sshuttari
A Galaxy Not so Far Away!

Send a message via AIM to sshuttari Send a message via MSN to sshuttari

If it wasn't for Avengers and Dark Knight Rises this movie might have stood a chance in hype. But the fact is No one in the Comic Book world is anticipating this film

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverending View Post

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
sshuttari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #1058
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuttari View Post
If it wasn't for Avengers and Dark Knight Rises this movie might have stood a chance in hype. But the fact is No one in the Comic Book world is anticipating this film
And yet, we will all go and see it.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1059
sshuttari

I don't think so.... A lot of my friends, co-workers, and random people I've talked to don't care to see it only here and there people are saying they will or might go.

Everyone I know is seeing the other 2 movies coming out in theaters for sure

All those others had ambition poured into them. That alone makes them worthy of at least considering their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

Everyone who posts in CS! is a suburban white kid. No minorities or inner city people here. Even sshuttari is white.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #1060
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Thats what i have been saying, yeah it doesn't come out till July but movies like The Dark Knight Rises and Avengers have been getting hype for months now, almost a full year.

I really don't see this Spider-man movie being all that successful , or even that good for that matter.
It won't even get a whiff of the kind of money Raimis movies made
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #1061
Henri Ducard
Executive Producer

It's the big 4th of July release. Lots of people will go see it. They may say differently now but once we get to that holiday weekend and there's nothing else to do except look at fireworks, they'll check it out.
Henri Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #1062
Nick1988
Executive Producer

Yeah i am sure that first weekend it will be big, but doesn't mean it will sustain for a long period of time.

I am saying this movie makes 220 mil max in the U.S and wouldn't surprise me if it made less.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1063
Neverending
sex

Once again, let's look at the gross for the much-hated Spider-Man 3:

Domestic: $336.5 million (#1 film of 2007)
International: $554.3 million (#3 for 2007)
Worldwide: $890.8 million (#3 for 2007)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #1064
sshuttari

Your forgetting SP3 had a following with Raimi's film this is a new franchise completely.

Quote:

Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #1065
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Your forgetting SP3 had a following
That only mattered in the opening weekend.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #1066
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1988 View Post
Yeah i am sure that first weekend it will be big, but doesn't mean it will sustain for a long period of time.

I am saying this movie makes 220 mil max in the U.S and wouldn't surprise me if it made less.
The movie studios never rely on sustainability anymore. They plan to make most of their box office money during the opening weekend. If it lasts beyond opening weekend that's great, but they don't depend on it, especially during the summer season.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #1067
sshuttari

Last time I checked SM3 made over 800 Million dollars in B.O... It wasn't just that weekend

Quote:

Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #1068
DarthVader 2004
Executive Producer

The Amazing Spider-Man has pretty much and open BO chance. It opens the 3rd and Batman 3 the 20th.
Only thin in between them is Ice Age 4. Which is a different genre. It can make money the question is would it or even should it.
DarthVader 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #1069
Wyldstaar
Executive Producer

Quote:
Last time I checked SM3 made over 800 Million dollars in B.O... It wasn't just that weekend
Of course not. However, just because a movie makes $890 million at the box office, that doesn't mean that the movie studio actually gets all that money for themselves. Opening week is when the studio gets it's highest percentage from the box office, according to their deals with the domestic movie theatres. In the following weeks, the theatres keep a progressively higher percentage of the domestic B.O. take. In the foreign market, the percentage that goes to the studio is far lower than the US. On average, a movie studio can expect to keep about 50% of the worldwide B.O. total.
Wyldstaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #1070
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Because despite all the fanboy complains online, people liked it. A movie doesn't gross $800 million worldwide with people hating it. Time and time again we've seen poor word-of-mouth kill a movie. We saw it with Hulk. We saw it with Batman & Robin. But Spidey 3 was dominated the U.S. box office and was #3 WW for `07. Reboot or not, if ASM connects with the audience, it'll do well at the box office.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #1071
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™

Send a message via AIM to Tolkien

Quote:
And yet, we will all go and see it.
Not to rain on your parade, but... who's 'we'? I've hated the idea of this film with a passion, and I will never pay to see it. Neither will most of my friends, so I'm pretty sure that your statement is basically off by a great margin.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #1072
Neverending
sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I will never pay to see it.
Never say Never.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #1073
Tornado
Bear Down

I might so and see it, I'm still not decided. On the one hand, I love superhero movies and I do like Spider-Man. On the other hand, this does not look like a movie worth my time or money.

And because I always end up paying for my girlfriend's ticket, it makes going to movies I'm a little iffy on a lot harder to justify.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #1074
Tornado
Bear Down

One thing the movie does have going for it is its release timing in that there is a bit of a lull in between Brave/Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (6/22) and TDKR (7/20). I can handle periods of waiting like that in the early months of the year, but when the summer is here I tend to get a little antsy if I'm not seeing a new movie every week or so.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #1075
sshuttari

Quote:
Because despite all the fanboy complains online, people liked it. A movie doesn't gross $800 million worldwide with people hating it. Time and time again we've seen poor word-of-mouth kill a movie. We saw it with Hulk. We saw it with Batman & Robin. But Spidey 3 was dominated the U.S. box office and was #3 WW for `07. Reboot or not, if ASM connects with the audience, it'll do well at the box office.
Quote:
That only mattered in the opening weekend.
SO are you taking back this comment then? Because it obviously didn't matter just that weekend

Quote: