The ComingSoon.net Forums  

Go Back   The ComingSoon.net Forums > THE BACK LOT > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #326
carnage4u
The Bad Man
 
carnage4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,240
Default

The updated ending does not make me care at all.

THe orginal ending is poorly done. They are going to add some more B.S on top of the pile of smelling B.S.. I'll watch the video on youtube, but bioware has failed me enough.

KOTOR2, Dragon Age 2, and now this. They do not now how to end a game well, and if they want to blame pressure to hit release dates or whatever, I play games like these for the story. If they cant deliver I can just play other games.
__________________
Carnage4u

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #327
Deexan
Reflektor
 
Deexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London
Posts: 12,176
Default

Tolk, you need to register here: http://social.bioware.com/language.p...n_url=%2Fforum

Then link your account to your XBox live or PSN handle.

You'll be able to download the soundtrack directly from there.
__________________
Don't hang around once the promise breaks
or you'll be there when the next one's made

My Twitter
My Facebook
Deexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #328
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,403
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

Okay, so I'm already a member there, I see ME2 and ME3 listed under My Games, but how do I find the link to download the soundtrack? Sorry if I'm being annoying, I'm just not seeing it right now.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #329
sandman441
Dirty White Boy
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ALASKA
Posts: 1,515
Default

I ended up buying the first one to have the entire trilogy but the ending to 3 wasn't what I expected. Plus I hated having to get away from the reaper ships when I was scanning planets.
sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #330
HeadHunter
Happy/Confused/Scared/Sad
 
HeadHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: USE - United States of England
Posts: 46,469
Send a message via AIM to HeadHunter Send a message via MSN to HeadHunter
Default

*possibly the only one that isn't annoyed by the ending* it makes you think!!!!


Sorry if that isnt what you want from games and movies these days *cue cookie cutter games*
__________________
www.ireviewsomemovies.co.uk

Check out my mates new movie review website, get a personal insight into some classic movies. Please bookmark it and keep checking back, new reviews each week, and the site will develop with more people visiting it :)

Also like our Facebook page at: www.tinyurl.com/3bedgh3

Latest review: Source Code
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #331
shained
Y.N.W.A
 
shained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: liverpool, england
Posts: 3,390
Send a message via MSN to shained
Default

Huh?
__________________

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone


Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #332
Boro
Not a Robot, but a Ghost
 
Boro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Serenity
Posts: 9,366
Default

I finally started this tonight. Just got to Mars, but it's not off to a good start so far. I'm definitely not a fan of them choosing most of Sheppard's dialogue in cutscenes, especially when they go completely against my character from the first two games--hopefully this was just for the prologue and not a trend for the rest of the game. It also doesn't look like I can turn off the motion blur...Why would they remove this option? And what happened to film grain?
Boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #333
Tornado
Bear Down
 
Tornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 32,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
*possibly the only one that isn't annoyed by the ending* it makes you think!!!!


Sorry if that isnt what you want from games and movies these days *cue cookie cutter games*
That's not accurate at all. People weren't upset about the ending because it makes you think.

People were upset about the ending because after three games full of choices, it turned out that the ending wasn't really dependent on those choices at all. They took what was one of the biggest draws to the franchise - carrying the same character across three games - and said it didn't matter anymore.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #334
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,403
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

^ This.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #335
PG Cooper
Nixon's back, baby!
 
PG Cooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
*possibly the only one that isn't annoyed by the ending* it makes you think!!!!


Sorry if that isnt what you want from games and movies these days *cue cookie cutter games*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That's not accurate at all. People weren't upset about the ending because it makes you think.

People were upset about the ending because after three games full of choices, it turned out that the ending wasn't really dependent on those choices at all. They took what was one of the biggest draws to the franchise - carrying the same character across three games - and said it didn't matter anymore.
Not to mention it brought no real closure to the characters, it doesn't make sense, and the plot holes are so big you can drive trucks through them.
__________________
"Achievements"

CS! Record Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes). April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

AFI: Top 100 (98), Top 10 (Gangster, Science-Fiction).

Best Picture Nominees: 1953, 1962, 1976, 1985, 1989, 1997, 2000, 2003-2013.

Blog, letterboxd, twitter.
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #336
Boro
Not a Robot, but a Ghost
 
Boro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Serenity
Posts: 9,366
Default

Currently about 22 or so hours in. It looks like switching from renegade-leaning Shepard to a paragon-leaning Shepard about a third of the way through ME2 and not being able to keep Tali from getting exiled (and also maybe my decision to re-program the heretic geth might be a factor from what I have read) has really screwed me over. Got to the end of the Quarian homeworld mission and turned my system off during the final cutscene.


The game really picked up once I got off of Earth, and got a lot better once I added Garrus to my party, but I don't want to play anymore and have to choose.

Last edited by Boro; 05-29-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Blackout. No real spoilers, but just in case there is someone else out there who hasn't played this yet
Boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #337
carnage4u
The Bad Man
 
carnage4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,240
Default

so I accidently looked at this thread again, and remembered how dissapointed I am it and bioware. I'm sad again... I am not even excited for their 'extended ending" which is going to be the same ending, but just more dialogue options.

I'm sure someday I'll watch it on youtube or something, but I still find this game to the the biggest "entertainment Dissapointment" since The new star wars movies.
__________________
Carnage4u

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Terry Pratchett
carnage4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #338
Tolkien
LOTR Junkie™
 
Tolkien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minas Tirith
Posts: 15,403
Send a message via AIM to Tolkien
Default

I can honestly say I've played ME2 more times than I can count, but I have never lost interest as hard as I did with ME3. One play, just one playthrough and I have never gone back in. Not even tempted to. It's an amazing game, it's just that final 5 minutes can't get me to go back in. I sound pathetic to some, but that's just me.
__________________
“When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.”
-- The Truth.
Tolkien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #339
Fanible
FanFreakinTastic
 
Fanible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oh, hi yo
Posts: 16,449
Send a message via AIM to Fanible
Default

I still haven't played it yet. I probably will wait until their updates/dlc are done.
__________________
My movie addiction is life controlling
Fanible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #340
Boro
Not a Robot, but a Ghost
 
Boro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Serenity
Posts: 9,366
Default

Just finished. The middle 99% of the game was great. I've decided to use the ending's lack of closure as room for denial/self-deception and creative liberty/fan-fiction? to come up with my own ending that I'm happy with.
Boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #341
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,916
Default

yea i'm on the final mission... probably still gonna wait for the free dlc though.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #342
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,608
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

I have yet to beat the game, just left it on the final mission until issues are resolved with the ending. This seems to be a norm.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #343
sandman441
Dirty White Boy
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ALASKA
Posts: 1,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
I have yet to beat the game, just left it on the final mission until issues are resolved with the ending. This seems to be a norm.
I've already beaten it but I'm doing the same. I actually bought the first one and played through the entire series. I'm just waiting for the "new" ending.
sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #344
shained
Y.N.W.A
 
shained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: liverpool, england
Posts: 3,390
Send a message via MSN to shained
Default

Seriously think people have over reacted. The ending ain't great but it by no means ruins the game or the series which is up there as one of the best ever!
__________________

Liverpool Football Club

You'll Never Walk Alone


Letterboxd
shained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #345
Daniel
Flawed Design
 
Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,327
Send a message via AIM to Daniel
Default

Is it funny that I stopped playing the main game 3 hours in, and have spent the last week playing nothing but multiplayer? I'm kind of addicted to it.
__________________
Only fear can make you feel lonely out here
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #346
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,608
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

I love the multiplayer, especially with a group of friends. Very addicting.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #347
PG Cooper
Nixon's back, baby!
 
PG Cooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,505
Default

I still haven't played multiplayer, I should probably gave that a whirl eventually.
__________________
"Achievements"

CS! Record Holder: Quickest Review in the Film Club (2 hours 19 minutes). April 18th, 2013, 9:24 PM-????

AFI: Top 100 (98), Top 10 (Gangster, Science-Fiction).

Best Picture Nominees: 1953, 1962, 1976, 1985, 1989, 1997, 2000, 2003-2013.

Blog, letterboxd, twitter.
PG Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #348
Tornado
Bear Down
 
Tornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 32,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shained View Post
Seriously think people have over reacted. The ending ain't great but it by no means ruins the game or the series which is up there as one of the best ever!
I disagree. In general, my experience with ME3 ruined the series for me.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #349
FranklinTard
Lock The Gates!
 
FranklinTard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,916
Default

yea the ending is probably the most important thing in the series. and they messed it up.

shained... just give it up. it is now known as the single most disappointing ending to any video game... ever.

and this free dlc in july won't change that.

they ****ed up. bad.
__________________
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed. -Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
FranklinTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #350
MasterChief117
The Batman
 
MasterChief117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 13,608
Send a message via AIM to MasterChief117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Cooper View Post
I still haven't played multiplayer, I should probably gave that a whirl eventually.
You should. It is pretty awesome.
__________________
"And as the sun, that had been too afraid to show its face in this city, started to turn the black into grey, I smiled. Not out of happiness. But because I knew... that one day, I wouldn't have to do this anymore. One day, I could stop fighting. Because one day... I would win. One day, there will be no pain, no loss, no crime. Because of me, because I fight. For you. One day, I will win."
MasterChief117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Contact Us - ComingSoon.net - Superhero Hype! - Shock Till You Drop - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ComingSoon.net is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. © All Rights Reserved.