The ComingSoon.net Forums

The ComingSoon.net Forums (http://forums.comingsoon.net//index.php)
-   Movies Coming Soon (http://forums.comingsoon.net//forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   "Joshua" One-Sheet Poll! (http://forums.comingsoon.net//showthread.php?t=48258)

ComingSoon 04-19-2007 12:59 AM

"Joshua" One-Sheet Poll!

On July 6, Fox Searchlight Pictures will release the dramatic thriller Joshua in theaters and the studio is asking ShockTillYouDrop.com visitors to vote for their favorite poster for the film!

Joshua is the tale of Brad (Sam Rockwell) and Abby (Vera Farmiga) Cairn, perfect Manhattan parents in a perfect Manhattan apartment whose perfect life begins to crack after the birth of their second child Lily. Shortly after Lily arrives home, a dark side of prodigy son Joshua (Jacob Kogan) slowly begins to reveal itself.

You can vote for which poster is your favorite and give feedback on the posters below!

Please note: These posters are not the final designs. The poll results will help Fox Searchlight determine what works best for the movie.

Sock-Man 04-19-2007 11:59 AM

I like the ideas but visually they're all a bit uninspired...
Apart from the last one which has a definite feeling of peril, the others are all a bit slick and business like to be particularly interesting.

Fanible 04-19-2007 02:02 PM

I agree. I was noticing the same thing last night when this was posted. The two review lines are basically the only thing that give you some kind of idea what you're actually looking at, I suppose, but the posters themselves are all a bit on the boring (or worse, unappealing) side. Heck, our own Rox could probably have made better ones.

I did pick the first one, because it looked the most professional of the group, with the smudged painting, name and the way the reviews appear. It's layout, text and titles look the best.

I will say, though, that the second one is the only one I found to be a bit clever, with the top half of the boy's head cut off in the picture. It's the only one that I think is actually giving off a kind of eerie feel. I didn't pick it though, because the "painting" looks like a digital picture, so it looks oddly out of place in the poster. And, of course, the plain and boring layout of the titles, reviews and text.

SnoBorderZero 04-21-2007 01:27 AM

Yeah, all the posters suck save the second one. Is this like the friendlier version of "The Omen"?

-HR- 04-21-2007 06:53 AM

Poster 5,best image and font IMO

429 votes and 4 posts ?:confused:

Ultimate Movie-Man 04-21-2007 09:46 PM

I think the fourth one is the creepiest - the rest are sort of generic and a bit boring.

fu manchu 04-21-2007 11:56 PM

I pick the 2nd one. because I agree what Fanible said it kinda gives it a eerie feel to the movie with the boy's head cut off in the photo. the photo being a digital photo didn't bug me at all about it. if there is one thing I find annoying in the poster is the fact that the credits are at the top of the poster rather than at the bottom. all of the other posters are meh.

hannibalcannibal 04-23-2007 12:48 PM

These posters are for a pysch. thriller?

These are supposed to be posters for a horror/thriller movie? You'd never know it. They look like they're for the re-make of KRAMER VS. KRAMER.

Come on Searchlight, creep us out! (Instead of boring us.)

Wolverine 04-27-2007 01:18 AM

nevermind.

umber 04-30-2007 10:42 PM

poster #4, etc.

I thought #4 was the best, but the entertainment weekly promo quote made it not work for me. i voted for #1 even tho I thought the et and hr logos were an unpleasant and uninteresting distraction. #5 gives too much of the story away(tho I know little about it, it alludes to what'll happen next.)
#3 was the best style/design wise, but the mother(whoops - I mean child- proving it Is too small) and baby carriage were too small, if that was bigger and crossed over into the rest of the poster, i think that one would the best, though Rockwell should be put in there somehow.... then again maybe not.
Though I don't like movies/posters that put children front and center, espec. those children probably are not allowed to go see.

pimpjoe_esb 05-12-2007 10:50 PM

Let's go with poster 4. But why are all of them look so lame??