PDA

View Full Version : Rumoured Batman Cast?

Benz
12-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Got this from over at Superhero Hype, and it really is quite interesting. While i'm not sure about the authenticity of it, if it was true I think we'd be looking at one of the finest casts since 'Enemy Of The State'.

There's two villains. There's one love interest. There's a young Comm. Gordon. There's a young Harvey Dent.

The cast are Christian Bale [Batman], Michael Caine [Alfred], Judson Caspian [Viggo Mortensen], Cillian Murphy [Harvey Dent], Katie Holmes [Rachel Caspian], Chris Cooper [Gordon], Elle Fanning [Barbara], Noah Emmerich, as of 11/29/03

They apparently are still finalising the two main villain roles, but everyone from Robert De Niro to Dennis Quaid has tried out, and they should have their man-times two, in a week or two.

Viggo? Cooper? De Niro? Quaid? Please, someone wake me up I think i've died and gone to perfect casting heaven.

logan350
12-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Chris Cooper is a good actor but I think he'd make a terrible comish.

scifi guy
12-30-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm not liking all this starpower for some reason.

Baadshah
12-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Isn't Rachel Caspian suppose to be boudacious hot, Monica Bellucci hot? They should cast Catherine Zeta Jones, she would be perfect

Blackbolt
12-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by logan350
Chris Cooper is a good actor but I think he'd make a terrible comish.

He's tons better than that fat old man Burton got for the first movie.

Plus... this is Gordon when he was younger. Chris Cooper is a great actor.

Blackbolt
12-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Baadshah
Isn't Rachel Caspian suppose to be boudacious hot, Monica Bellucci hot? They should cast Catherine Zeta Jones, she would be perfect

Catherine is too old. Rachel is suppose to be the daughter of the Reaper....who is suppose to be played by Viggo Mortenson.

Catherine and Viggo are the same age.

Plus... Batman is very young in this movie....why give him a older woman to shag.

sniktawt
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Isn't all this just rumours ???????Last I heard Bale was the only one confirmed, The rest were wishful thinking.
Any links to proof on this cast ?

And Scifi is right , This starpower is iffy...Remember Batman & Robin was loaded with starpower and that was ****!!!!

ILOVEKATIE
12-31-2003, 03:25 AM
I don't think it can get any worst than Batman & Robin, hopefuly they will do the franchise justice, i just hope the story is interesting and not cheesy and full of bad dialogue.

Benz
12-31-2003, 05:58 AM
Batman & Robin wasn't crap because of the star power though, it was crap because of a mixture of a piss poor script and some very poor direction on Schumacher's part.

Baadshah
01-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Blackbolt
Catherine is too old. Rachel is suppose to be the daughter of the Reaper....who is suppose to be played by Viggo Mortenson.

Catherine and Viggo are the same age.

Plus... Batman is very young in this movie....why give him a older woman to shag.

racheal is the daughter of the main bad guy, which is Raash Algul, i don't know how to spell the name

Wringlets
01-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Actually it has not be revealed who the main vilain is yet has it ?

Most of this is speculation.

Benz
01-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, there's been rumours about it being Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow, as well as The Reaper. If they want to go with what they've indicated, which is a young batman, soughta like the Year One thing that DC did, it would probably be a better idea to go with The Reaper, it would also make the movie alot darker, which is what Batman's all about.

jpdill
01-01-2004, 04:07 PM
interesting

sniktawt
01-01-2004, 05:37 PM
The Reaper was Year Two , not year one if I'm not Mistaken.

Those were the ones McFarlane Drew, I believe.

Benz
01-02-2004, 06:39 AM
I know The Reaper was Year Two, I was just saying it goes along with the early years idea that they seem to be going with.

Baadshah
01-02-2004, 01:05 PM
they should restart the Batman Franchise and have the Joker as the main villian again. Probably get Jim Carrey to be the Joker

tedward
01-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm loving this casting - starting to really look forward to this film -like it was 1989 again.

Jim Carrey would be god awful as the Joker. I hope you were joking about it but it still has to be said. They need someone with a bit of menace to pull of the joker.

spiderman_2k
01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Crispin Glover Has to be Joker in a future batman film.

tedward
01-02-2004, 03:28 PM
If they are making a film charting the beginning of batman - I cant see how the joker cant be involved.

Benz
01-02-2004, 03:45 PM
They're sticking close to the comic books, in DC's current continuity they had Year One and Two, which were basically about Batman becoming who he is, and dealing with lesser known villains, it was considerably darker.

If what they say about the reaper being the villain is true then they're going about it pretty well.

tedward
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM
That sounds great.

Baadshah
01-02-2004, 10:34 PM
who is the villian in Year One and Two?

Benz
01-03-2004, 03:25 PM
The Reaper is in Year Two, Batman has to team up with the guy who killed his parents to go up against him. I can't remember about Year One.

droidguy1119
01-03-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm not enough a fan of the comic to recognize all the characters here, but here's my two cents.

Nothing wrong with Katie Holmes. As a female lead I have no beef with her.

Michael Caine would be great as Alfred, although is Alfred Gough dead? I think that's the name of the guy who played him in 1-4.

And I have to say I don't like Cooper for the Comissioner. He's too stuck in my mind as a bad guy, he plays them in so many movies.

spiderman_2k
01-03-2004, 03:36 PM
No the dude who played Alfred isn't dead...I saw him on some show with Lilly Savage here in the UK, he was playing her butler.

tedward
01-06-2004, 07:10 AM
This picture probably wont work - we still need pictures though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ceelion/2003emmy.jpg

Chris Cooper aka Comish' Gordon.

FVD
01-07-2004, 08:35 PM
I think he should be fine as Jim Gordon.

FVD.

tedward
01-08-2004, 04:23 AM
http://www.dreamstarlets.com/features/!bios/elle_fanning22.jpg

Elle Fanning ( aka the alien girl from taken) as Gordons Daughter Barbara.

tedward
01-08-2004, 04:28 AM
http://www.j-cinema.net/gossips/katieholmes/010.jpg Daughter of the reaper?

Benz
01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Chris Cooper is a great actor, I think he'd do fine in the role... people are just used to him playing the 'conflicted bad guy', i.e. American Beauty and John Malkovich, hence the reason they can't see him as Gordon.

Remember, this is still a rumour... I've been reading alot of stuff referring to the Ras Al Ghul being the villain after all, and Cillian Murphy being casted as one of the other villains, possibly scarecrow as opposed to a young Harvey Dent.